|Space||1,800 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
The Hideaway Beach Cottage has just been updated with new windows, patio doors etc. and full air conditioning to make your stay just perfect. The Cottage is just feet from the quiet secluded beach and safe swimming, excellent snorkeling and mostly crystal clear water. Bone and fly fishing straight from our beach. The cottage is situated in the s.w. corner of Hideaway Bahamas Beach Club, very quiet and private and one of the older original Bahamian cottages and Ideal for those that are seeking a quiet or romantic vacation, or just want to get away from all the stress of life. Very popular with Honeymooners and families. Just lay back relax, and take in the aquatic panoramic view over the two reefs which offer great scuba diving and snorkeling. Also see the 3 blue holes (underwater caves). Laze in the warm azure seas, then as evening falls sip a cocktail while watching stunning sunsets. As evening falls this is also a star gazers paradise, never seen so many.
Walk the beach in either direction for miles and collect those shells and other objects that catch your eye. You may not even see a human on these walks just the quiet sway of the trees, the sound of the ocean, birds and fish swimming along in the shallow waters.
Take your line and fish from the beach, then grill up your catch and dine under the stars. Watch the sunsets which are often quite stunning. If you want the nightlife of Port Lucaya it is only a 25 minutes drive away with many resturants, pubs, and most evenings music in Count Basie Square, a great evening out, also the Casino and several International Restaurants in the Our Lucaya complex. Freeport boasts several championship golf courses and duty free shopping. We have a live in Manager who is happy to assist and the property is fenced and secure. WiFi and Satellite TV is in the cottage. We also have a small fishing boat and Captain that can be rented out for fishing, snorkeling and sightseeing trips by the half or full day.
We fell in love with this gorgeous five acres of beachfront property with the original cottage of all beautiful pine. With a hectic and stressful business life we really was looking for our own Paradise and we found traveled the world and really have found no-where better and have ease of access to the island.
Liz purchased this cottage in 2000
We bought it and restored putting windows and tiling the floors etc. It really was a Hideaway where we could escape from business, fly over in our plane and just relax and have the time of our lives enjoying miles of private beach, swimming and snorkeling with our dog. Nobody around just us and the birds and fish. If you like stars then you will not find anywhere else that there are so many. It is Paradise. Come and see for yourself.
Close to Florida for shopping etc. Miami International airport gets you anywhere in the world. No taxes, no inheritance tax and no death duties.
Grand Bahama has everything that you would want. We have supermarkets, hospitals, golf courses, theatres, cinemas and much more all on a very low keel. Large Island with not a lot of people but many ex pats that all enjoy this wonderful lifestyle.
I can't say enough wonderful things about our stay at the beachfront cottage last month. We're back home where there is a foot of snow on the ground, and I'm really wishing we'd been able to extend our stay at the Hideaway for at least another week.The accommodations were comfortable, clean, and beyond our expectations. Every morning when we awoke, we had to pinch ourselves - it was like being on the set of South Pacific! Yes, storms have left their mark on Grand Bahama, but the charm, easy pace and incredibly helpful and kind locals more than made up for any lack. We appreciated all the restaurant and beach tips from Liz and John, and Ezra and James provided anything else we needed - extra bedding, barbecue assistance and fine company. Next year? At least another week!
Well... I do not even know where to start. When we arrived it was very late and we were met and greeted by our Caretaker James and Oscar (his sweet dog). He was wonderful, showed us around and checked on us every evening. The cottage was a peaceful and wonderful place. It was clean, and perfect for our family. It is steps from the beach, Literally!!! We had so much wonderful and relaxing time, that it truly spoiled us. We went swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, and just relaxing on that beautiful beach that went on for miles. We only saw 2 people the entire time there on the beach. A day or so into our visit we met John Liz and Sharly ( their dog), and must I say they were wonderful, made us feel right at home and like part of their Bahama family. It was nice getting to meet them and get to know them. We truly hated to leave. We loved it so very much there, that we came back in December as well for a little longer. Again at that visit we were greeted by everyone!!! and we felt right at home. They are all so wonderful and they work hard to just make everything perfect for their guests, ( who feel like family). I can not say enough about our time there, we have also stayed at the Plumbago Villa and it is wonderful too. If you are looking for true relaxation, and some peace and quiet and great family time, then this is the place for you. When you wake up every morning and look outside that picture window, you just see amazing turquoise waters, it was truly breathtaking. We are from the gulfcoast, so we beach it often, but it does not compare to the pristine white beach and beautiful waters right outside your home. ( We loved it there, and made so many wonderful memories with our daughter, and I am so thankful for that little piece of paradise that you share with the rest of us for wonderful times like this ) John, Liz, and James we will see you soon. Thank you for everything.
If you are looking for a relaxing vacation away from the crazy resort areas, this is for you!
The house has everything, perfect for 2 couples with 2 bedrooms each with it's own bathroom at opposite ends of the house. The beach goes on forever and is just steps from the cottage.
There is a caretaker nearby who will help you with anything you may need.
Be sure to get groceries before you arrive because you will not want to leave.
You can snorkel on the reef or paddle around on the kayaks that come with the house.
What a wonderful vacation we had!!!!
First let me point out:
1. we stayed in plenty of other cottages in subtropical countries before and did not expect luxury
2. every rental consist of 3 major “commodities” sold to tourists: location, comfort and service. This time the last two failed completely.
3. we own and rent 3 apartments in mountains via other booking web with average mark 9.3 out of 10 from our clients.
4. we booked and partially paid the Hideaway cottage for Christmas 7 months in advance and were not informed about the damages made by hurricane 2 months prior to arrival. We would cancel our stay and book other place.
5. speaking with staff we learnt no clients were staying in the cottage over last 6 months
Now back to Hideaway cottage and its facts:
+ Nice beach starts in front of what (before hurricane in 10/16) used to be a small garden and green wall. + Welcome bottle of wine in the fridge. + Two kayaks at your disposal.
- No garden left on front, only sand mixed with wood, broken glass, plastic, concrete, … The advertisement pictures should be changed to avoid bad surprised. Or at least the mess around should be cleaned up.
- Cottage is nearly 50 years old, but would be acceptable if properly cleaned. Windows changed only 5 years ago but mosquito screens already come apart.
- Rats living in the cottage walls and roof visit the kitchen nearly every night. You can hear them well or (like us) find one in your bed at night! This has changed our sleep following nights to a nightmare.
- Kitchen stove is without grounding whilst pots are with metal handlers = you get hit by electricity few times a day if you intend to cook.
- No internet at all after 6 PM and pretty unstable during daylight.
- Service – should you dare to criticize anything or ask cottage related questions, you get ignored by Liz or even emailed: “Neither James nor myself appreciate being spoken to by you so rudely. We will stay away from the cottage till you leave.“
- regarding rats - once we informed them about, were told they might put some chemicals around the house but would put also their 3 dogs in danger so they did totally nothing ...
- on departure date we wanted to talk to the owner who lives abroad, but were not given any contact details with explanation "we do not think he would like to talk to you"...
Daniel and his property are exactly as pictured. Our trip to the Bahamas was cancelled last minute and Daniel accommodated us the day before and saved the day. His property is the closest to the beach, a minute walk to the water. This beach is GORGEOUS! His property is GORGEOUS! People would take notice as they walked by because their decor outside makes you stop and admire.
This experience with Daniel will have us coming ONLY to him every time we travel to the area which will be our yearly vacation.
- Shop before, get what you think you need. House will have the essentials to get you started but you'll want to shop as if you're coming to an empty house.
- Property has floats, beach chairs, beach towels, boogie boards, shelling tools so save you cash on those
- Pack light - theres laundry on site, I brought more clothes than needed considering I was on the beach all day!
- GO to the beach for the Sunset! Explore Crescent Beach, Turtle Beach, South Lido Beach, Siesta Beach
Homeaway. Hideaway Beach Cottage # 213224
I have just returned from staying at the Beach cottage with our friends.
Just perfect for us all. I liked the bedrooms with private bathrooms being at either end of the cottage and private. The very large great room, with kitchen and dining area and lounge and TV area was perfect. The utensils etc were plentiful and In good condition. Moving to the outside, it's very private and we found the sands so close and the water is so warm, clear and just perfect for swimming. There were the kayaks that we used so many times in between snorkeling. We've never enjoyed so much time in the water. The lads fished from the beach and we had great barbecue nights with a mixture of fish etc. never had such a great vacation.
We are a short 30 minute drive on good straight roads east of the International airport, and just before High Rock. A private 5 acres of beachfront at Bassett Cove, very quiet and secluded. Ideal for swimming, snorkeling, fishing just relaxing and doing just what you want to, a retreat for those wishing to get away from it all. A 30 minute drive gets you to Freeport with golf, scuba, tennis, shopping, casinos etc. At the village of High Rock there are a couple of great local beach bars that serve good local fare at very reasonable prices.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|Cleaning, grats and taxes||$150|
Long term rentals please e-mail us direct.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.