|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Mountain Chalet home for rent in Indian Mountain Lakes gated community. This home boasts 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, and sleeps 10. It's just 10 minutes away from Jack Frost/Big Boulder, Split Rock, 10 minutes away from Nascar racing, 30 minutes away from Camelback/Camel beach, 30 minutes away from 'The Crossings' premium outlet with over 100 stores located in historical Tannersville. It is now 40 minutes away to the brand new Mount Airy Casino in Mt. Pocono. This home also boasts a pool table, ping pong, dart board, game table, DVD/CD player, a crib, and even some toys for the tots! Outside grill and hot tub too! In the summer enjoy all the amenities of the gated community such as the two pools, 5 lakes, tennis courts, and basketball courts. Sleeps 10 with 4 queen sized beds in all the bedrooms and a queen foldout couch bed.
Jason - we had a fantastic stay. The weather was perfect and your house was comfortable and provided a great place for us to relax and have meals between events. Thanks so much for making our get away possible.
Beautiful cabin. Nice and airy. Please replace cookware. Half of it was put away dirty by prior renters. The deer come right into the yard--amazing!! I think the hot tub could have used a little more water
House was nice, but severely out dated and not well maintained. Leaky sink in the kitchen and upstairs bathroom leaked onto the downstairs floor. Furniture was really uncomfortable but it was in a good location and the owner was accommodating
For our week, we needed a property with 4 bedrooms within a budget, so we expected it to be a little rough. Some things were good, others were not. It definitely felt like more of a party house than we were looking for, despite the very limited parking.
- Bedrooms were exactly as described. I can only speak to the bed in the master, but it was clean and exceedingly comfortable.
- The hot tub was amazing. We were often in there late, and the privacy screens were definitely a huge plus since there were relatively close by neighbors.
- The loft area for pool and ping-pong was pretty cool. Nice table for pool, though several of the cues were warped or broken.
- Grill was great. We ran out of propane halfway through the week, but Jason had a backup in the shed so we didn't have to go without.
- The couch in the main room was spacious and comfortable, easily fitting 6 adults for movie nights.
- Fruit flies were EVERYWHERE in the kitchen. I'm pretty sure that had way more to do with the people in the prior week than anything, but we had to be very careful to wrap everything up and put it away immediately. Even our drinks had to have lids on them so they didn't get in.
- We couldn't have a fire outside because the the bottom of the fire pit was rotted through. The top was rusted and gross to begin with, so we didn't try to use it until later in the week. When I tried to clean out the trash previous guests left, the metal of the bottom had huge holes in it and was generally falling apart.
- There's just one narrow driveway, and no place to leave cars if you're trying to get out. Definitely plan so that if anyone has to leave, their cars are in back (or at least the people behind them are sober and can move out of the way).
- Bring your own tech. We had a PS3 and N64 with us, so we had plenty of entertainment. But the Blu-Ray player was broken and we had no idea as to how to set up the cable box with the wires provided. The main TV itself was nice enough, though.
- Generally not kept up with. When we got in, one of the ceiling fans was not working properly - it actually seemed as if it would disengage from the ceiling if we kept it on. When I messaged Jason to let him know, his response ("ok, thanks....") made it seem like he didn't want to know about issues or have to keep the place up.
Again, it was a good week, and we all enjoyed our vacation there, but I'll go somewhere else next time.
We enjoyed our stay. We ended up with 5 of us, but could have certainly had 3 more. Enjoyed the hot tub, ping pong and pool table. The grill was a little old but serviceable.
Everything was as described and my high expectations were met. We had a great time using the ping pong table, pool table, hot tub, grill fire pit etc. The house itself is clean and maintained (except for a few burned out light bulbs), and the beds were clean and comfortable. The kitchen is stocked with utensils and pots and pans. The location is great, near rafting, water sports and other summer activities.
Jason, the host, was very attentive and responsive. No issues or concerns at all.
This house is amazing! There were 6 adults and 3 children and we all had a wonderful time, from playing ping pong, family time around the tv hanging on the extra large sectional, hot tub for the adults and an ample kitchen to prepare and all have dinner together!! we had a blast with plenty of things to do in proximity to the house. Extremely cold weekend, so instead of skiing, the kids went to the Split Rock Water park and had a great day. Some of us went to the Pocono Flea Market and eventually we found our way out on the slopes at Jack Frost when the weather warmed to a mild 9 degrees! It was beautiful as the snow was falling all day on our last full day there. We had deer in the backyard foraging for breakfast while we drank our coffee. Very picturesque!
Jason, the owner, was available anytime we had any questions and was a pleasure to work with. We took a family consensus and it looks like we will try to get back next year!! Love this place! I highly recommend you stay here! You could never be disappointed! Thank you Jason and Kim!
Karen Connelly and family
Other Activities: Camel Beach, Casinos, The Crossings
|civic association fee||$35|
extra fees for Holiday rentals