2 Floors, 1 Bedroom, 1 Living-/Bedroom, Bathroom w/Sep Toil./Show., Open Kitchen
- english, german
About Marc Oberländer
We rent out furnished apartments in several districts around the city.
Marc Oberländer purchased this Apartment in 2008
Why Marc Oberländer chose Kreuzberg
This typical Berlin back building sits right in the middle of a lively and popular neighborhood but is also quiet and secluded because of its shielded courtyard location.
What makes this Apartment unique
Because of its separation from the main building and its own private entrance, the apartment is perfect for guests.
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
The hosts were accommodating and reasonably friendly. No issues whatsoever with key handoff, checkout and the like. The flat is very basic and leaves a lot to be desired in the comfort category. Upstairs (entry level) is the living/kitchen area with two fold out single beds. I had to request sheets for these as the flat only had meager sheets provided for the bed downstairs. The bathroom and bedroom are down a tight spiral staircase that's not easy to do in the middle of the night or for anyone with a disability/handicap/overweight. Better value available in other apartments in the area for sure.
Perfect location, great building. Flat would be much better with better furniture to sit/sleep on. Oh yeah, the shower is really goofy/annoying to figure out, too.
This place is better for 2-3 days, we stayed for 12 days and the musty moldy smell got to me (I am almost 70). The owner was very responsive to fixing the shower drainage. My son and his girlfriend enjoyed the bars nearby. It would have been nice to have a full length mirror.
I can not recomend this apartment for a number of reasons.
1. We were not able to get into the apartment at 3 pm due to the fact that they did not have someone to clean for them.
2. We arrived at 5 pm and the apartment still was not clean, (Connie said it was because the heat was broken and the apartment was too cold) and the electricity was off. My husband fixed the electricity and Connie proceeded to finnish the cleaning.
3. The shower was grossly dirty with black mold near the floor.
4. We were never told the road was blocked off due to construction
5. the neighborhood was covered in graffiti and it was newyears day and the garbage was all over the neighborhood for the entire time we were there including dog poop at the foot of the stairs.
We are sorry that these guests were not happy with their stay but still feel that their condemnation of our apartment, us as a host and the district of Kreuzberg is unfair:
1. The guests arrived on New Year's day and had happily agreed to a later than usual check-in due to the fact that we had guests leaving that day who we had granted a late check-out.
2. While servicing the apartment a fuse broke which the new guests helped our cleaning staff locate and replace and for which we are very grateful. The half-hour delay this caused was refunded on the spot with €40.
3. The shower has a few discolored seams which we are about to replace.
4. The construction site was not operational during the guests' stay due to the holidays and has since been dismantled.
5. The neighborhood is covered in graffiti and it was New Year's Day and there was garbage all over the neighborhood for the entire time. We are very sorry for that.
We loved the place!
I think we are the people who left this apartment on New Year's Day 2014. My daughter and I loved the apartment! The place looked exactly like the pictures and it is very large. It is very centrally located in Kreuzberg near restaurants, shops, the grocery stores and the train station-the road was blocked on one end but that was no problem. I thought the place was very clean and I saw no mold in the shower, because I am allergic to mold, and when we told Connie the shower handle was broken she fixed it. Same for not being able to find towels (they were there but we were too jet lagged to find them on our pillows!)--Oliver brought over a stack!! This is the only place I have ever had mid-week cleaning so that was also nice. The only issue we had, and I would have given 5 stars if the bed in the top bedroom was better. The bed downstairs was great and I waited till I had been there for a while before I told Connie about the upstairs bed-she brought over a topper but the bed itself is just bad. They say they are replacing that bed and with that, I would most assuredly stay there again. Just ask Marc to make sure this has been done before you show up if the person(s) staying in that room are not petite...
And the kitchen is small but fully equipped and I cooked a full Christmas Dinner there!!
Oliver, Connie and Marc manage the apartment and they were wonderful-despite hilarious problems with bank transfers and ATMs etc.
Kathy and Meredith, Dec.19, 2013 - Jan 1, 2014
Småt men godt
Småt men godt
Superlage in Kreuzkölln - Superservice, sehr aufmerksam und freundlich
Beste Lage, so ist man schnell mal zum Markt am Maybachufer, schnell zu tollen Restaurants, aber mit U und S auch schnell in Berlin-Mitte.
The apartment is located in Eastern Kreuzberg in an old neighborhood directly at the Landwehr canal with numerous cafes, bars, restaurants and pubs all around. There is also an Oriental open air market at the canal on Tuesdays and Fridays where you can try exotic foods and listen to live music.