About the property
- House2200 sq. ft.
- Half Baths2
- Minimum Stay30 nights
Off 6th St - 2-4 Bdrms + Office, 2 1/2 Baths, Sleeps 2-8, up to 6 non-related
Longer stays and smaller groups receive the best rates.
* If you do not need all 4 bedrooms, I simply lock one or two to keep your rate down.
You still have run of the house.
No one else will be there.
If you want the best rate, you can just rent upstairs and allow owner access to downstairs. Rarely does the owner need access, but will consider better rates in that case.
Just let me know your needs when making your inquiry so we can discuss the best rate for your group.
* Wonderful home located on the edge of Downtown Austin in the Historic Clarksville neighborhood. Clarksville is well established, very safe & walkable.
* Renovated Craftsman Style home originally built in 1940. Fun, eclectic & Austintacious!
* Fantastic location in the Heart of Austin, right off 6th Street east of Loop 1 (Mopac)
* Great neighborhood with great neighbors. I have lived here over 20 years.
I have been renting my home to Travelers for over 11 years already! Time flies!!
* Thanks in advance for being respectful of my neighbors and property.
* Exceptional Very Close Proximity To:
- Fantastic Restaurants
- Music Venues
- Grocery Stores
- Hike & Bike Trail is at the end of my street! Goes all around Lady Bird Lake!
- Austin Convention Center
- South Congress (SoCo ... Lots of Austintacious Shops, Fabulous Restaurants & Music).
- Barton Springs (Spring Fed, Take the Hike & Bike Trail at the end of my street)
- University of Texas
- Austin Community College
- Texas State Capital (Has Tours)
- Downtown Business District (Got business? Stay here and have fun too!)
- Wedding & Reception Locations
- Amy's Ice Cream (Entertaining place to get ice cream for adults & kids)
- Zilker Park (Train for kiddo's! Festivals!! Take the Hike & Bike Trail at the end of my street)
- Botanical Gardens
- Fantastic Tennis Courts
- Deep Eddie Pool (Spring Fed, can take the Hike & Bike Trail at the end of my street)
- Lady Bird Lake (Rent SUP, kayak's, canoes, bikes, etc. No powerboats on this lake)
- Lake Austin (The Hula Hut Restaurant is right on the water, there is a Boat Launch)
- Whole Foods (Started in a garage in Austin! Their HQ Store is right down the street)
- Spa's, Health Clubs & Salons
- 6th Street (LOTS of Music Venues, Restaurants & Shopping)
- The Warehouse District (4th Street area with Restaurants & Music)
- 2nd Street (Restaurants & Shopping)
- Fresh Plus (My favorite neighborhood grocery store = small)
- Nau's Pharmacy (Vintage Diner with old fashioned gifts & candy)
- and the list goes on ... basically you are in the middle of it all !
HAVE FUN PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO AUSTIN! As always, feel free to contact me anytime with questions. SEE YOU SOON! : )
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
About Deborah Peacock
* LOVE Austin! * Photographer & Media Consultant who also Represents Musicians for private parties and special events. * Austin supports Independent Businesses and I enjoy working in this format. * Owner & Manager of De'peacock Vacation Home ; ) * Enjoy meeting my guests when possible and making sure your stay is comfortable. * . Have made some fantastic friends along the way over the 11+ years of renting my home to vacationers.
Deborah Peacock purchased this House in 1997
Why Deborah Peacock chose Clarksville
* Property is eclectic and Austintacious! * Clarksville is very safe and well-established neighborhood in the Heart of Austin! * Considered a downtown neighborhood, but on the edge so you can enjoy some quiet time, while all the festivities are just down the street. * Everything Austin is VERY close by! * Property is located in one of the most desirable downtown neighborhoods in Austin. * Please contact Deborah directly to reserve my home for your group at the best price. * Owned home since 1997 * It has been a bit of an art project for me.
What makes this House unique
* You will feel like an Austinite while staying at my house. * It is fully equipped and includes art and music. * This is not just any house ... it is quite unique and fun! : )
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Our stay at Deborah's home was amazing. Firstly, Debb is beyond lovely and welcoming and secondly, the home and it's location are both perfect. We had everything we needed to make our stay the most comfortable. The home was clean, quiet, and nicely decorated. All the essential amenities and more were provided for our use. The house is walking distance to restaurants and short drive to downtown. We couldn't have been happier. Thank you for a wonderful time!
Love this property!
Owner leaves no stones unturned, very well managed property. The house is the coolest, up to date bedding, new gas stove I didn't get use 😔 and just a nicely remodeled older home. Owner is always a phone call away, told her I didn't want to write a good review because it would make it harder for me to rent next time. I couldn't do that to the owner as she was perfect and so was the property, honestly. For all of you who read this I have dibs on ACL second weekend for the next five years at least. The pictures really doesnt give the property justice. Huge porch in front of the house which is absolutely amazing and a perfect private backyard. Just can't wait to go back. Thank you so much Ms. D. Will call you soon.
Great! It's always a treat for my guests and myself to return. YOU know what to expect regarding my fun accommodations and have your bearings for your next trip!
2016 will be the 9th year I have rented my home to vacationers and I have made quite a few good friends along the way. I am very pleased to hear you will be returning. I look forward to seeing you and your family again soon! : )
location & vibe was very cool
house has hip energy, we enjoyed it & the location is pretty important to b close to Austin action.
Great weekend get away!
We went for a girls weekend. The house was warm and welcoming and very convenient to all activities and restaurants! We can not say enough about the owner, Deborah! She was the perfect host!
How nice! It is always wonderful to hear when my guests have a great time! I strive to make sure everyone is comfortable and happy without being in the way. My guests are welcome to call or text my cell phone any time of the day or night. If I miss their call, I call back as soon as possible. Hope to see this group of ladies back again!
We really enjoyed our stay! Location was great...easy to get downtown and to San Antonio! House is large and we really enjoyed having a glass of wine on the front porch!! Thank you!
Always a pleasure to hear my guests enjoyed D'Peacock Vacation Home! : )
Great SXSW House
This house was the perfect place to stay for SXSW. It was close enough for a cheap uber ride and far enough away to get outside the craziness. Deborah was such a great host brining us gifts at check in and willing to answer any questions. We loved the back patio too to enjoy wine in the afternoon and just have our morning coffee. Thanks for a great stay!
It's wonderful to hear my guests enjoyed their stay! D'Peacock Vacation Home is definitely in the Heart of Austin, but in a desirable neighborhood on the edge of downtown. You will have the convenience of the location without being right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the center of downtown. We also have Ride Austin here which is a local, non-profit ride-sharing plan that also has an app. I like to make visitors aware, so they can save money while supporting local business.
* Location, location, location * Wonderful, eclectic home in a safe, well-established historic neighborhood * Ingredients for a fantastic stay in Austin! * Please contact the owner directly to discuss rates and to reserve this great house. * Best rates for smaller groups and longer stays. I typically leave the house when rented. * If you want an even better rate, just rent the upstairs. * For an even better rate, rent the upstairs and allow me access to the house. More than likely I will not need access, but it would be nice on occasion. The City of Austin cares about its residents and wants to insure that our communities are happy and peaceful. Therefore, they have enacted a rule that any more than 6 unrelated guests are a violation of City Code. My home's maximum capacity is 8 people. So if there are more than 6 guests, at least 2 of them must be related. Other Activities: Shopping, Dining, Dancing, Music, Swimming, Hiking, Kayaking, Canoeing, Stand Up Paddle Board, Bicycling, Boating and much more.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
* Thank you to those who pay by E-Check it saves credit card processing fees and is FREE to you as long as your dates are 10 days out! * Austin is fun any time of the year! * If you are coming during non-event times please contact me to receive the best rates. * Stay 7 nights & get the 7th night for FREE! * I rent by the number of people and the number of bedrooms needed. I simply lock bedrooms you don't need to keep your rate down: 2 people with 2 Upstairs Bedrooms: $295 per night 3-4 people with 3 Upstairs Bedrooms: $345 4-5 people with the 3 Bedrooms Including the Master Suite: $395 per night 6-8 people with 4 Bedrooms Including the Master Suite: $495 per night **Special Events extra such as: SXSW, ACL, F-1 are $595+ PER NT**