Welcome to Loft by the Lighthouse. You are greeted by the beautiful Pacific Ocean and the Cape Arago Lighthouse. The Suite has a king size bed and most often pure linen sheets. The bedroom is arty with a mobile by an Ashland, Oregon artist. Also, there are ceiling windows that surround the room that expose the trees blowing in the wind. There is original art. We have private steps that access pristine Lighthouse Beach. The beach is perfect for beachcombing, surfing, fishing, bird watching, whale watching and photography. The large deck is a favorite as the view is panoramic of the Pacific Ocean, Cape Arago Lighthouse, Coos River Bar opening, and the Sand Dunes. Catch all the barges, fishing boats, freighters and pleasure boats crossing the bar as you relax on the private deck. Keep on the lookout for kayaks from famous Sunset Beach, and surfers on Lighthouse Beach. If golfing is a favorite, Sunset Beach Golf Course is less than a mile away. We have complimentary golf clubs too. Bandon Dunes golfing is about 17 miles away. We are located in the Cape Arago State Park, so it is about 1.5 miles from Shore Acres where the big waves hit the sea wall. Fun, Fun, Fun. So, this a favorite respite for the adventurous couple or the tired twosome. Welcome!
Don't miss the annual Shore Acres Holiday Lights. Light show starts Thanksgiving and runs through New Years.
Keywords: private, suite
My husband and I stayed two nights and were warmly welcomed on our arrival by our hosts. There are two rental properties on site, we stayed in the suite. There is also a loft available on the other side of the house. The property owners live on site inbetween the two rental spaces. Initially I had some reservations about staying in such close proximity to the homeowner but my concerns were completely unjustified! The suite has its own private, covered parking space and private entrance. There is also access to a semi-private deck and path that leads right down onto the beach. We did not see our hosts at all except for the initial welcome on arrival...didn't even hear them for that matter although they were right next door to us. The suite can best be compared to a posh hotel room-type suite. If you're looking for a place with on-site laundry facilities and a gourmet kitchen to prepare meals and entertain, this spot probably won't work too well. It has a small kitchen with a mini-fridge, microwave oven, and enough eating utensils for two people. There is a small dining table. Living area contains a really comfortable sofa, chair and chaise lounge perfectly situated to relax and enjoy the amazing views. King size bedroom with high end linens, very very comfortable bed. The space has great views, natural light, we really enjoyed it. There was no toaster, that would have been nice but there is a hair dryer available for use and a wine opener. Speaking of wine...we arrived to find a bottle of white wine chilling in the fridge, fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese, and almonds along with chocolate all left for us to enjoy on arrival. A very thoughtful and lovely touch I think! Easy walking distance to great hiking trails and Cape Arago state park just a few hundred yards down the road. Property is managed by the homeowners, Paul and Jill, and it was nice to avoid all the deposits, cleaning fees and other "hidden" expenses that can sometimes pop up on these rental sites. We found the homeowners to be charming, polite, honest and would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, we hope to return back soon because we had such a wonderful time!
What a wonderful jewel of a place. Gorgeous view, wonderful furnishings, linen sheets, all very upscale. The host are gracious and informative. They could not be nicer. Thank you! Thank you! Mike and Michele
Thank you Jill and Paul for sharing your wonderful rental on Lighthouse Beach. The suite was clean and attractive and the view is to die for. The hosts were very warm, gracious and knowledgeable about the area. One clarification I would like to make for future renters is that there are actually two rentals at this same address. One is a ground floor suite and the other is on the other side of the house and is an upstairs loft. We stayed in the suite and we couldn't have asked for a better vacation experience or nicer hosts.
Thank you, Jill, for making this wonderful spot available for others to enjoy! Your studio was the perfect getaway place for a quiet (aside from the sound of the waves filtering into our room each night…which we truly enjoyed), peaceful, private (though not secluded) week away from it all.
The best parts…hmmmm…that's a tough one since there are so many:
1. The VIEW…if you're looking for a panoramic view of the ocean from right inside the living space from every corner, the windows all the way across the room and up around the entire space made you feel like your were right on the crest of a cliff overlooking the ocean nestled into the forest.
2. The accommodations…clean, contemporary decor felt like a designer studio (not a miss-mosh of furnishing put together for a rental home like many others).
3. The host…Jill was truly welcoming and excited to have visitors share her very special spot in the world! We received special "gifts" of fresh fruit on our doorstep…and anything we asked for in record time (butter, can opener, hot plate, etc).
4. The deck…the grounds and landscaping were extraordinary! Jill designed the outside living space perfectly with more than ample room to grill, sit, read and enjoy the panoramic views up above the crashing waves. She certainly has an eye for design and color…beautiful annuals combined with colorful hydrangea hedges along with mature hedges trimmed to give just the right amount of privacy without compromising the view.
5. The beach…we were able to stroll down the private stairs to enjoy a walk on the private stretch of beach every single day. There was so much to explore and marvel at…without crowds…at most, we saw 4 other people on one day. Oh, and although we didn't get to do this, we will have a cozy fire on the beach next time as we saw others enjoying!
6. Location…we were able to venture out to visit Bandon, Florence, the dunes for easy half day trips. Grocery stores and such were just a short drive away.
We are probably doing ourselves a dis-service by raving about the Loft by the Lighthouse…we'll need to book early to make sure we have the chance to come back as this place is certainly a "keeper" on our travel books!
What a wonderful hideaway you have to offer couples and oh, how we are looking forward to coming back.The cottage was "very" clean and beautifully decorated, with great art work, two things that are must haves for me. Jill was the perfect hostess and property manager. We will be back!
Thank you forsharing you own peace of paradise! We had the most relaxing few days in a beautiful and peaceful location ever. Cant wait to return and am now obbsessed with owning my own piece of heaven! You will not regret staying here, the cottage is clean and well maintained, the landscaping is wonderful and the beach is awsome and clean! Will return on a regular basis until we are able to relocate there! Thanks!
Oceanfront with Cape Arago Lighthouse view in every room. Private steps to the beach to go surfing,fishing and walking. Spectacular scenery so bring cameras and kindles to enjoy the deck. View sand dunes and sunsets, and freighters and fishing boats while resting in the room or on the large deck.
First night deposit, balance paid upon arrival