|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
This charming cottage/condo is located right on the sand -- fronting the Gulf of Mexico. It's a romantic unit with one bedroom, queen bed, and a full sofa-bed in the living room.
Special features include a fully-equipped modern kitchen, central air-conditioning, two TVs, a DVD, and a screened porch with beach views. New tiled floors and freshly painted. Free DSL high-speed Internet service.
Golfing, tennis, biking, and sailing are a few of the activities that you can enjoy while staying here, as well as the fine restaurants and fun shopping! This is the way Sanibel used to be---not your high-rise condo, but a laid-back beach cottage sort of place. Convenient to shops, restaurants, and the one movie theatre--short bike ride away.
Keywords: Cottage type condo with direct views to the Gulf of Mexico
I am a "hands-on" owner. Though I live in Baltimore Md, I visit Sanibel several times a year. Always fixing, cleaning, and re-organizing. There is a local rental agent nearby for key pick-up and for any issues or concerns that may arise. I am also always available by cell phone to answer any questions. Very interested in having a completely satisfied guest.
Richard Gross purchased this house in 1999
Big discounts offered on remaining 2016 weeks. November 19-December 3: $770 weekly; December 17-24:$770 weekly; Dec 24-31: $1540 weekly. Plus fees and taxes. Email owner to receive an exact quote.
I felt smug in my little cottage just steps from the sea, just as advertised. Other vacationers struggled with steps, stairs, paths, roads and boardwalks, while we practically lived on the beach! The accomodations were perfect for my husband, who is handicapped, and can't walk far. The complex was quiet, and I liked the fact that you allowed pets. It all seemed nostalgic of the good old days at the seashore.
The wife, Strawberry (our border collie) and I spent three great weeks at White Caps 3! Great, great view of beach and ocean from screened porch! This one bedroom cottage is small - old style Sanibel -but was perfect for us! Very nice private compound with only eight one story units - almost the whole beach to ourselves! Sunsets were gorgeous! Make sure you try the biking the refuge areas and take the tram tour of Darling National Wildlife Refuge! We will be back again...
The best part of our stay was the fantastic feeling of being able to walk out the door and right onto the beach--such a luxury! We strolled every morning and again at sunset. The cottage is clustered in a little "neighborhood" which had a friendly atmosphere. While the house proved comfortable for us, some of the furnishings and decor looked a little worn. Still, we have no regrets and it made a nice base for trips throughout the Sanibel, Captiva, and Fort Myers areas.
The only stress I felt all week was from all the sand my feet brought into the cottage--the beach was fantastic, the cottage inviting and well appointed and well stocked with every thing we needed. Only a few yards from the beach, White Caps was a change from the usual condo vacation--it was cute as a button and had everything we needed, especially the sun and sand for a stress free week.
One of the last remaining 'Old Sanibel' complexes--right on the beach. Only nine units in a tropical setting--facing the Gulf. Convenient to shops, movie theatre, supermarkets, etc.
|Pet Fee||$175 + Tax|
|Booking Fee||$35 + Tax|
Discounts available on multiple week stays. The longer you stay, the larger the discount.
During Mid and High Season, rent Sat-Sat only. Security Deposit Waiver Fee is .025% of the total base rent..an insurance fee that protects against damages. 20% is due at time of reservation, with the remaining 80% due 30 days before arrival