Casa das Figueiras...
is a restored 18th century farmers cottage and is located within Cascais-Sintra Natural Reserve Park. Its original features have been preserved. A stay in the house enables you to feel and live the simple life of the last 200 years with some of the comforts of our times.
The surrounding fields may have grazing sheep and and goats.
The bedrooms are simple and comfortable and the bathroom with its hand carved marble bath, a luxury contrast to be enjoyed.
You will also be able to use the garden around the house with pine, fig, palm, fruit and other kinds of trees, bushes and herbs and relax under the grape vine with view to the little village of São João das Lampas and the sea at the end of the valley leading to praia da Samarra, a little beach used as harbour by the romans. It can be reached by car or by foot after a hike.
The over 200 year old still full functioning stone oven with the big fireplace, was also formerly used by the local community to bake the weekly bread.
In a perimeter of 40Km there are so many things to see and do that it is impossible to name them all. You may go for a day sailing trip along the Estoril coast, hike by the sea or the mountains, visit Sintra and Lisbon or simply relax in the garden or at the fireplace.
This house is especially suited for the ones who love the countryside and would like to enjoy the simple life in an authentic old Portuguese cottage but near enough to Lisbon and Sintra.
* * * * *
WHEN BOOKING PLEASE NOTE!
- Always send a valid mobile number, preferable with WhatsApp as it makes communication easier.
- After booking make sure to download the App from the invitation sent to you! All the infos regarding the house are available here.
- The cottage is in the middle of the countryside and may have sheep and goats grazing in its vicinity.
- As everywhere in the countryside food crumbles and open litter in the house may attract ants and country mice despite regular pest controls.
- The cottage has also harmless geckos which are an active insect control. You may be lucky to see some.
- When booking a flight please note that check-in after 8pm may incur in to an extra cost. Should other arrival times not be possible, please check with me first.
- Please let me know your expected time of arrival at the airport as soon as you have the information. Rent a car procedures may take up to an hour.
- Should you have any delay please send a message.
- As soon as you have the car send me a message when leaving the airport.
- Please make sure you have the road description to the house and have a look at it on google maps beforehand . Print it and take it with you. Should you have any questions please let me know.
This is just a piece of advice to make your holiday preparation smoother. Good communication is the basis for it.
Thank you! :)