Welcome to your very own home away from home!
This apartment of 75sqm (800 square ft.) in a traditional stone cottage was fully renovated and modernized in 2012. It includes 2 separate bedrooms, a combined living and dining room with a fully equipped kitchen, and a bathroom with shower and separate bathtub. A huge roof terrace (70sqm/750 square ft.) with panoramic view over the sea and mountains complete the residence for your dream vacation. Historic elements such as antique floor tiles and natural stone walls harmonize with modern comfort.
You are in 15min walking distance to the beach in one of the most beautiful historic villages of Sardinia. This is the ideal starting point for your recreational or activity holiday.
The roof terrace of 70sqm (750 square ft.) provides a magnificent panoramic view over the sea and the white mountains, across the fertile flood plain of the river Rio Posada with its orange and olive groves, the wine and fruit growing areas, as well as sheep and goat herds. The roof terrace invites for sun bathing, barbecue with friends and family, or simply for a relaxed evening with a glass of good wine and the view over the Mediterranean sea. White marble banks form a sitting and dining area on the terrace. Several smaller walls create a private place, protected from wind and sun.
• Bedroom 1: queen-sized bed (matrimoniale), wardrobe, small table and chairs
• Bedroom 2: queen-sized bed and small bed, built-in closet
• Living and dining room: big dining table, fireplace, sofa that converts into a queen-sized bed
• Kitchen (integrated into living and dining room): fully equipped with gas stove, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, tableware, cutlery, pans, pots, spices
• Bathroom: shower, separate bathtub, washing machine
• Huge panorama roof terrace (70sqm/750 square ft.): with table, chairs and barbecue
• Bed linen, towels and parking places at the street in front of the house are available
The old stone cottage at the Eastern outskirts of Posada’s historic centre Centro Storico is located in a small and quiet side road and in walking distance of a sand beach.
Posada is located in the province Nuoro and is one of the most beautiful historic villages of Sardinia. The province Nuoro is considered an insider tip on Sardinia, since the emerald green colour of the water and the fine sand beaches very much remind of the nearby Costa Smeralda, but it is by far not as crowded as Olbia-Tempio, Sassari or South Sardinia around Cagliari. On the 5km (3.1 mile) beach of Posada you rarely find more than 300 people even during high season.
The historic centre of Posada stretches over small stairs and cobble stone pavements up to a small hill of around 150 meters (500 ft.) height. At the top you find the ancient ruins of the Genoese fortress 'Castello della Fava' from the 12th century that can be visited. Within a distance of around 1km (0.6 miles) from the sea, a steep cliff rises from the lower wet land. Farmers offer their fresh fruit and vegetables at small stands. From the castle, you have a wonderful panoramic view over the endless immensity of the sea, the unmatched sun rises and - depending on weather and season - the breakwater in the storms.
In immediate walking distance (max. 15min):
• children's playground (directly in front of the house)
• Grocery shopping
• Bank and ATM
• Several bars and restaurants
• Doctor and pharmacy
Accessible by car or bus within 40min:
• Car rental
• Shopping centre
The village offers a broad variety of activities for your vacation:
• Beach holiday
• Cycle tracks
• Racing bikes
• Mountain bike
• Motor bike
• Hiking in the nature reserve
Posada is also the ideal starting point for trips and excursions (all accessible within 1 hour by car or bus):
• Kite surfing, snorkelling and scuba diving in Copa Coda Cavallo
• Nature reserve Isola Tavola close to Copa Coda Cavollo with magnificent beach bays
• Rock climbing and dream beach in Cala Goloritze
• Dream beach in Cala di Luna
• Costa Smeralda and its glamorous centre Porto Cervo
• Day trips to Nuoro (province capital), Olbia, Orosei, Castelsardo, Bosa, Algherro or Sassari
• Motor boat rental (also without a licence) in Copa Coda Cavallo (San Teodoro) and Cala Ganone (Dorgali)
• Horse riding at the outskirts of Posada and in San Teodoro
• Rental of motor scooters and motor bikes, for example in Olbia
• Golf: Puntaldia (9 hole) or Pevero (18 hole)
In the off-season there may be reduced services.
We would also be pleased to make you an offer for an extended stay on a monthly basis, for example to stay over winter. Please get back to us with any question you may have.
On request there are three additional bedrooms available on the ground floor of the house, accommodating up to four additional people. Prices and availability of these rooms on request.