|Minimum Stay||2 - 180 nights|
The City Apartment Boeckhstrasse is centrally located in the heart of Berlin.
A BEDROOM. with double bed and 1 single bed for quiet courtyard, a kitchen with seating, stove, washing machine, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, dishes, cutlery etc., a living / bedroom south to the quiet, green, traffic-calmed street beyond with sofa bed , 2 single beds, TV, etc. and a bathroom can be at your holiday residence in the center of Berlin.
The Graefekiez is known for its gastronomy and a variety of cafes and restaurants.
Here are some tips for special gastronomic experiences in the immediate vicinity:
- Vegetarian restaurant Avril (vegetarian and fish) with extra children's playroom,
- Restaurant Marqués (Spanish-Mediterranean cuisine at the highest level)
- Cafe Rizz (with lunch and smoking lounge)
- Italian ice cream café Lido (opposite)
- Pizzeria Il Casolare (by far the best Pizzeria in Berlin with a lively beer garden in the summer months)
- Gallery Café fool a bar (smoking bar with free Wi-Fi, an art gallery and film screenings and public viewing, directly opposite)
The Landwehr Canal offers a delightful backdrop both for a walk, as well as for an extensive meal.
- The Paul-Lincke-Ufer with many garden-café invites you to brunch and prolonged time on lazy Sundays, overlooking the tour boats gliding by on the Landwehr Canal.
- The Ankerklause opposite (right at the Kottbusser bridge / canal) is a trendy pub and a buffet restaurant right over the water. Until late at night is celebrated here, drank and danced especially on Thursdays.
It's just a small selection of places in the immediate vicinity. The Graefekiez and its surroundings offer a lot of other restaurants and pubs for every taste and wallet.
- Edeka Edeka Aktiv & Bio - Kottbusser Damm 5, 500 meters (about 5 minutes)
- The Turkish weekly market on Maybachufer "certainly one of the most exciting and most authentic markets in Berlin" (Berlin & more) and is open on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 11 to about 17 clock.
- The organic market is open bitch place 300 meters away on Tuesday (about 12-18 Clock) and Saturday (9-14 Clock). Address: Hohenstaufengasse / corner Schönleinstraße.
- Karstadt is the next big department store on 4 floors, gourmet department, wine shop and bargain market. Address: Herrmann / corner Urbanstraße, 550 meters (a metro station).
In the immediate vicinity are two children's playgrounds:
- Large, sunny children's playground on bitch square with sandboxes, swings, slides and all kinds of climbing frames, climbing wall and lift - in about 300 meters (address: Hohenstaufengasse / corner Schönleinstraße)
- Beautiful, shaded playground Grimmstraße - in about 500 meters, surrounded by a small garden cafes and ice cream parlor Isabel (Böckhstraße / corner Grimmstraße) with children's play area.
- Wonderful, overgrown with roses minigolf, small zoo Neukölln Weekend pony rides and petting zoo, playground and other 1001 Nights playgrounds in the park Hasenheide (ca. 11 minutes).
- Sommerbad Prinzenbad (walking on the Landwehr Canal) - about 1.2 km (about 15 minutes).
- Sommerbad Columbiabad (at the other end of the Volkspark Hasenheide) - 1,5 km (about 20 minutes).
- Adventure on Spreewaldplatz (indoor wave pool, toddler pool, water slide, diving and diving pool etc.) - 1.4 km (about 17 minutes).
This is not our first time in Berlin, but it was the first time with our four-year-old. This was a good place to stay for a week. We'd say that it actually looks a bit better than the pictures, it was very clean upon arrival. It's a property that's really meant for rentals, meaning that it has enough amenities to make it a comfortable stay but it isn't like staying in someone's home (for example, the kitchen has basic stuff, but not really good knives, if you plan on really cooking. however, see next note).
It's real highlight is that it is in an amazing neighborhood with wonderful food options and also the nearby weekly open markets along the canal (so you probably won't want to cook that much anyways!).
Heinz-Peter Gatz was very pleasant and very flexible with meeting times, he speaks great English, btw.
To note -- it's in the description, but you may miss it: there is no internet (There is a cafe across the street that offers wifi access) and it's also an apartment that allows smokers, so if the scent of smoke bothers you, we'd give it a pass. We didn't see that when we booked it, but given the package, we may have still gone with it and with -- as we did -- our windows open often enough to air the place out.) Also, the place fit us well, and there's definitely sleeping options for 6, but I think it might be a bit snug for 6 people longer than 2 days.
Wir haben uns in der kleinen Wohnung sehr wohl gefühlt. Die Lage ist absolut super und wir freuen uns jetzt schon auf das nächste mal.
Gemütliche und gut eingerichtete Zweizimmerwohnung, in der fünf-sechs Personen für kleines Geld bequem schlafen können. Super zentrale Lage, aber trozdem ruhig zum Schlafen, da das eine Schlafzimmer zum Hof raus geht. In der unmittelbaren Umgebung gibt es alles: Supermärkte, Cafés, Restaurants. Fussweg zur U-Bahn nur 1 Minute.
The house is located in the city center in Berlin's trendy Graefekiez,
just a short walk from the Landwehr Canal and Paul-Lincke-Ufer.
The metro line 8, which takes you to the Alexanderplatz square in 8 minutes is practically on the doorstep!
More metro stations and stops of bus lines M29, M41 and bus 171 are located away from the house in a few minutes.
For longer walks or bicycle tours invites the Landwehr Canal and the Hasenheide Park with its open-air cinema, rose garden, natural habitat, a small zoo and a variety of playgrounds.
On the opposite side of the park Hasenheide is the site of the disused Tempelhof airport, a popular place for inline skating and rollerblading.
Distances to transport:
U-8 Schönleinstraße - in 1 minute's walk
U-1 Kottbusser Tor - approx 11 minutes
U-7 Herrmannplatz - about 10 minutes
M29 bus - about 10 minutes
Bus M41 - about 5 minutes. (Shuttle to the main station!)
Bus 171 - about 10 minutes. (Shuttle to Schönefeld Airport!)
With the underground and by car you are in 10 minutes. Alexanderplatz, and in 15 min. At the train station Zoologischer Garten and the Kurfürstendamm.
On weekends and public holidays, the subway trains and night buses run through the night.
Distances to the Long Haul:
Station Ostbahnhof - 2,5 km (8 min)
Central Station - 7.4 km (12 min.)
Tegel airport - 15 km (22 min)
Schönefeld Airport - 16.3 km (25 min)
nearest motorway exit Tempelhof - 3 km (10 min)
All times are pure car-trip times, which may vary depending on traffic conditions.
- Take the U-Bahn and S-Bahn road:
With the underground lines U-8 and U-1 all Berlin attractions in 10 to 15 minutes can be reached quickly: Alexanderplatz, Television Tower, Hackescher yards, Oranienburgerstrasse, Unter den Linden, Museum Island, the German State Opera, Gendarmenmarkt, Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, Tiergarten, the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, zoo, Kurfürstendamm and Tauentzienstraße.
- The shipping company Riedel (5 minutes walk)
The shipping company Riedel with the pier at Maybachufer offers from April to October ship tours, such as bridge trips and other sightseeing tours on the Landwehr Canal at moderate prices.
All tours with German townscape statement Moderation in 10 languages.
Moabit, Hansabrücke, Ministry of Interior, Bellevue Palace, Victory Column, House of World Cultures, the Federal Chancellery, Moltke bridge, the Reichstag building, train station Friedrichstrasse, Museum Island, Alte Nationalgalerie, Berlin Cathedral, TV tower, Nikolai quarter, Mühlendammschleuse, Märkisches Museum, East Side Gallery, Oberbaumbrücke cultures , Treptowers, upper lock, Urbanhafen, German Museum of Technology, Potsdamer Platz, Staatsbibliothek, Philharmonie, New National Gallery, Picture Gallery, Shell House, Villa van der Heydt, Bauhaus Archive, Zoo, under lock, Charlottenburg Gate.
- The bus line M29 - almost like the city tour!
Bus M29 (stop Herrmannplatz / Urban street) is the longest bus route Berlin and offers an alternative sightseeing tour of the sights of Berlin. By bus M29 from Herrmannplatz many famous places like Checkpoint Charlie, Friedrichstrasse with the Galeries Lafayette, Potsdamer Platz, the Philharmonic, the New National Gallery, Tempodrom, KaDeWe at Wittenbergplatz and Europa Center with Memorial Church without changing can be reached.
- Bus line M41 - take a taxi to the main station at discount rates!
Bus M41 (stop Jahnstr./ Corner Urbanstraße) one is in 15 to 25 min. At the Jewish Museum, Potsdamer Platz, Sony Center, and at the main station.
- Bus 171 - shuttle to the airport!
By Bus 171 (bus stop U Herrmannplatz / Sonnenallee) one drives with direct links to Schönefeld Airport.
|Refundable damage deposit||$53|
Alle Preise beziehen sich nur auf Belegung mit 1-2 Persoenen.
Zusätzliche Personen je 7,50,00/ Nacht.
Kinder, die 6 Jahre alt oder jünger sind, werden nicht als zus. Personen gerechnet
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.