** UPDATED DEC31 2017 for 2017/18 Summer**
THE ISLAND CURRENTLY HAS A WATER SHORTAGE. It is at crisis point. PLEASE CONSERVE WATER. Take steps to limit your water consumption. READ INFO IN BACH
This 45sqm bach is simple and clutter free - just what you need for relaxation. There's great natural light and an open-plan design.
Sleeps MAX 4 people (due to septic tank max. capability).
* 1 queen-sized bed (for 2)/ * 1 average fold-down double bed (for 1) / *1 single floor mattress (for 1)
* Linen is provided (but please bring your own beach towel)
* There's a dishwasher, washing machine and a sun-filled deck with outdoor furniture (tables, chairs).
* There are games, books and magazines for your enjoyment.
On Waiheke, rainwater is stored in tanks and wastewater (bathroom/toilet) is treated on the property (septic tank). Islanders are very eco-conscious with resources, and it will be helpful and respectful if you are, too.
This bach is in an excellent easily accessed part of Surfdale. Turn right and @ the end of the road are steps to the beach (with the best sunsets). 5 min walk and you're at the Irish pub, the dairy, the vege supermarket, an Italian pizzeria, bakery and a French patisserie. There's also the local bowling (lawn bowls) club to enjoy hanging with the locals and cheap eats (try the Sunday roast).
Walk the opposite direction to visit a couple of vineyards (Kennedy Point, Goldie) with beautiful grounds, award-winning wines for tasting, and eating onsite.
This bach is great for it's only a 1 minute, flat walk to bus stops (both directions). Buses run on the hour. There's also plenty of parking/turnaround space for your car.
The whole bach is yours to use and the usual kitchen appliances include a toastie sandwich maker (!) and any everyday food items on hand (coffee tea, sugar, oil, vinegar, seasonings).
** For cancellation policies and other clauses, PLEASE READ RENTAL TERMS.
* Two nights minimum stay. One night stay enquiries possible.
* No smoking indoors. No drugs.
* No parties.
* Please bring your own beach towel.
* Please leave the house tidy. A local will clean up after you (launder, clean bathroom andamp; ready accomm. for next guest) andamp; appreciates your co-operation.
** NOTE: This is a 1970s bach. It is not perfect. If you want perfection, please choose elsewhere.
Extras: Cleaning (included); Linen (included);