VILLA with beautiful views of the Chianti Hills with Private Pool
- english, spanish, italian
Ciao I am Alessandro an 36 year-old villas manager who lives and live in Siena, the pearl of Tuscany. Surely you have already heard about it.. I would be really happy to show you my city... I'il wait for you soon!
Owner purchased this Villa in 1998
What makes this Villa unique
we can rent minivan with 9 seats . pick-up service from and to the airport and driver service with your rental or our car. we don't arrange weddings we can only rent the villa for ceremonies up to 25 guests. Check-in at 4 pm check-out at 9:30 am
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Amazing Tuscan villa , divided to two seperate houses. Perfect for families.
Beautifull area. Equiped with all you need . Spacious. Lovely gardens and surroundings. Allesandro , the owner is really attentive, all our wishes were fullfilled, the family also makes great wine. Bottom line - the ultimate Italian Tuscan experience for families or large group .... been there for 7 nights , felt like home , will be back!
Quintessential Tuscan experience
We had a wonderful stay at the beautiful home of Alessandro and Pino who were both lovely hosts. We were a big group, consisting of 4 families, but there was plenty of space to spread out between the main house and the annex (each contains 5 bedrooms). The villa is situated in the heart of Tuscany, close to Siena and various exceptional wineries in the area (Castello di Ama is a particular highlight not to be missed). I wish we could have stayed longer!
Lovely tuscan retreat
Just got back from a week at this wonderful little piece of Tuscan paradise. Set in the middle of vineyards and out of the way from the summer bustle of Siena and Florence, the Il Cerretaccio villa is a great place to relax and slow down. We scored perfect weather, as expected in July, and the manager Alessandro was always available to make sure that our questions and needs were met.
- Pool: the water temp was perfect, the pool was super clean and we spent a lot of time there, surrounded by nature and colorful landscaping.
- Alfresco dining: take advantage of the solid kitchen and make some great family meals to be enjoyed in one of the two outdoor dining rooms with panoramic vineyard views.
- A/C: This is one of the few rentals in the region that offers A/C in most rooms, which was very welcome!
- Alessandro: The manager was always around to answer questions and help out with directions. His family makes *stellar* wine, and we purchased about a case of his family Chianti which was outstanding.
- Location: the nearest town is 10-15 mins away, so you are on your own. Day trips are pretty far (Siena is about 30 mins away), so consider spending full days at the home and full days sightseeing, you probably can't do both in one day.
- Internet is really slow and since the villa has solid stone walls, don't expect internet connectivity throughout the property or even in specific spots. It makes sense, you are in the middle of the vineyards on vacation. But if you are hoping to get some work done, it's not really going to work.
- The drive: the directions to the villa on the HomeAway app are just wrong, and took us for a ride all over southern Tuscany. Not sure I am supposed to disclose the exact location of the villa on HomeAway in a review, but it's really easy to get good directions on Google Maps if you just enter the name of the villa directly.
- The villa is actually separated into 2 different buildings, something that is not stated clearly in the house description. The two buildings are about 100 yards apart, so not under the same roof even. Something to obviously consider!
- Critters: you are in the middle of the countryside, so unexpected visitors might show up from time to time.
Overall, we would return in a hurry. The place is great and truly exemplifies old farmhouse Tuscan living.
This villa is amazing! Beautiful surroundings, pool and great rooms.
Beautiful property in a stunning setting
Surrounded by vines, olive groves and hills, the villa is as picturesque as the images show. Our three families spent a wonderful 5 days here, and we were well looked after by Alessandro who lived next door. A great place to disconnect from the world!
A great Tuscan experience
We recently stayed at Il Cerretaccio for a family reunion with 7 adults and 4 children. The property was wonderful and well maintained. There was plenty of space to spread out so the kids had their own place to hang out, as did the adults. The pool was very refreshing during the August heat. Alessandro and his family were gracious hosts. This house is quite remote, and the nearest towns/restaurants/supermarkets were 15 minutes away. But the sprawling views more than make up for it! I'll definitely consider Il Cerretaccio in the future when I return to this beautiful region!
for ceremonies (weddings, parties) with blackberries than 30 people there is an extra cost of 1500 euro.