We invite you to have a look at our video of the house
In 1956, this former school building held its first lessons in the hilltop village in the heart of the stunning Douro Valley.
50 years later the school building was rescued and my friend and business partner Francisco created a project was to transform it into what is now a very high quality construction designed to provide you with a taste of the World Heritage Site known as the Douro Valley.
The property overlooks the stunning landscape of vineyards and olive groves of the Douro Valley as far as the eye can see.
Your first reaction is to breathe in and appreciate the natural unspoiled peaceful beauty that surrounds you.
Yet these wonderful elements are only just over an hour from Porto International airport.
As you read on you will discover that there is lots to do for all the family and all age groups.
We and our super housekeeper Carla are here to make sure you make the most of your visit to the Douro and the North of Portugal.
What makes this holiday home different?
1. HEATED POOL** AND AIR CONDITIONING – a rare combination found in other local villas
2. We welcome you with Port Wine and a delicious homemade cake.
3. We provide you FREE of charge a 3 course dinner with wines during your stay** (Guests staying 7 nights or longer)
4. Every morning at a time to suit you, Carla will come (discreetly via the kitchen entrance) and prepare a delicious breakfast and serve you every morning, so you can start the day with a smile and no stress! Have a look at our video and see the typical breakfast we serve!
5. Upon request and where possible we can receive a pre-arrival shopping list, and have it stored in the kitchen!
6. Upon request we can have our chef make dinner more meals for you and even do wine pairings and tastings
7. We can provide you many suggestions for places to go for dinner in the local area
8. We have a wonderful tried and tested portfolio of excursions, boat trips (lunch on board optional) and wine tours
9. When remaining at the house for the day or evening enjoy activities for both adults and children to enjoy – for example board games, garden games, pool table, wi-fi, satellite TV, good music sound system etc.
We have a 'can do' mentality and our pro-active attitude and mind-set is what makes the difference between a good holiday and truly memorable one!
The house is comprised of the original school building all renovated tastefully and with very high spec, presented in a contemporary style with superbly thought out reminders of its heritage.
The other part of the house is a new modern construction and the whole thing comes together in a well presented fusion of traditional and contemporary.
The daytime living space is fabulous!
High ceilings, big bright open window spaces, this huge open plan space is subtly divided into three areas. The quirky fun hallway and 'school themed' part with black board and original school desks provides nostalgic fun for adults and nowadays novelty fun for kids who often can't believe desks like those existed!
The other two areas as you can see from the picture gallery include a good sized dining area, ideal for indoor gatherings to enjoy great food and wine and the spacious relaxed lounge area. Note both these areas are served by a double sided central fireplace, a nice feature at any time of the year but naturally it comes into its own during the winter season.
The kitchen is modern, well equipped and very pleasant to be in if you enjoy cooking as a therapeutic pass time.
There are 4 very comfortable good sized bedrooms all en-suite, which accommodate 8 people. However the twin bedroom has trundle beds allowing for another 2 persons and in the master bedroom there is a comfortable sofa bed** ideal for another person to sleep.
There is a 'pool house' outside just a few steps away which is a superb entertainment area for all. Pool table, good music sound system and wi-fi are all provided and there is comfortable seating too for you to sit and relax.
All the rooms in the house enjoy wi-fi coverage and are air-conditioned for your comfort.
The pool is a good size for leisure and enjoys superb views across the valley.
Outdoor tables, deck chairs, sun parasols and a built in BBQ are all provided for your comfort. There are even out door games such as garden dominos provided.
*** Upon Advance request***
Organizing tours and experiences in the Douro region
Attendance of a tour guide
*MEALS AT HOME*
Dinner and other meals (lunch or dinner)
Price per person / meal 40.00 €
Children 6-12 years old 15.00 €
Children up to 5 years old Free
Meals are prepared at home upon prior/advance request
Minimum 4 people
Please note the complimentary dinner is only applicable for stays of 7 nights or more
**Heated Pool is available upon request - and is 150€