Villa 'CDG' is a beautiful renovated house, with stunning views of the World Heritage Douro Valley......yet near Pinhao (Picturesque riverside village) and an hour from Porto
Have you seen our video on YouTube?
Wonderful Quality Villa
Private Pool with stunning views
Games Room with Pool Table and Stereo
FREE Delicious Full Daily Breakfast
Satellite TV & Wifi - Many English German and French Channels
5 Minutes from The Cute Riverside Village of Pinhao
Just over an hour from Porto
This home has been finished with the highest standard of local materials, local stone, wood and other hand crafted materials.
There are many homes to rent available in the Douro, but this house is very different and offers something special to our guests.
What makes this holiday home different?
1. Carla, our housekeeper comes every morning at a time agreeable to you and discreetly enters through the kitchen door and prepares a beautiful breakfast. You wanted some scrambled eggs on toast? No problem just ask her - she is very obliging.
Breakfast made and served for you every morning starts the day with a smile and no stress!
2. Welcome drink and cake - Carla comes and meets and greets you and looks after you on arrival and helps with your suitcases on arrival. She then offers you some homemade cake and a welcome Port Wine or a soft drink for the children.
3. Carla organises with you upon arrival when you would like to enjoy your complimentary meal which includes local wines (minimum 7 night stay)
4. You receive a free mobile phone with a local SIM card, already pre-loaded with 10 Euros for local calls to make your life a little easier - perhaps to call a local restaurant to make a reservation or maybe to book one of the many exciting activities.
5. We provide you a Tablet - to use during your stay with us. You will find pre-loaded lots of links to information of local amenities and activities
6. After you book with us, we put you in touch with our House Administration Manager Isabel, who co-ordinates your arrival time and also helps guide you to excellent sources of information to perhaps pre-book some activities before your arrival - which is often advisable in the summer months. Isabel is a great help to all our guests.
7. Carla the housekeeper lives only a short drive from the house. If you decide you would like to have a lunch or a dinner at home, she can work with you to make that happen. We offer a fabulous range of local typical dishes including local wines and the prices are very reasonable. That way you can relax sit back and not worry - she even will go out and buy the ingredients!
8. We have collaborated with local activity providers who can now offer you as one of our guests a range of special exclusive offers, for example Boat Trip with Picnic on board, Visit to local winery and wine tastings, a day on a sailing boat and swimming in the river. Whatever you need let us know and we can help arrange it for you.
So where are we?
Amazingly - although the villa is in the Douro Valley is in the heartland of the interior of North Portugal - it is only 1 hour 15 minutes from Porto International Airport!
So what about the house itself?
Inside you can sense the fusion of traditional and contemporary comfort that has been created to make this a truly relaxing home.
The villa provides 3 bedrooms and normally sleeps 6 people
However, you can see from the pictures there is a nice office/study which can be presented with a sofa bed to provide an extra 2 sleeping places for a small supplement. Furthermore we can provide a fold down bed for an extra guest.
Every bedroom has their own private bathroom and the house is air conditioned throughout. The views from the two master bedrooms are simply stunning!
There is a very spacious lounge and dining area with wonderful views and the house has been designed to provide a comfortable experience throughout the year – with the fireplace and salamander making the house very cosy during the winter.
The kitchen is very well equipped should you decide to do your own cooking during your stay.
There is super swimming pool with stunning views across the valley for you to enjoy. It even lights up at night making it really fun to swim during the summer months
Above the pool you can see from the pictures is a 'chill out' space. With a 4 poster lounge area for you to lie down and just relax!
Across on the other side of the pool, is a fabulous games room. Equipped with pool table, and many board games and a hi-fi stereo. This is a great area to sit, chill, play and relax and not disturb some other guests in the main house. It's a great space and our guests love it!
The riverside village of Pinhao - which is 8 minutes by car - is a must! It is very, very cute, has good restaurants, great butcher, cafe etc. It also has a train station which has regular trains to Porto City Centre, making it an ideal way to spend a day trip.
There are plenty of superb vineyards all nearby with easy access - all the roads and connections are excellent and nothing is too far away for you to access and explore!
Daily Breakfast Included
3 en-suite bedrooms with hairdryer
3 extra beds and 1 baby cot
Living room and dining room with a fire place, TV and sound system
Fully equipped kitchen (no gas at home)
Air conditioning and heating
Satellite TV 70 channels
Free wifi internet
Safe in the main bedroom
Fire protection system
First aid kit
Swimming pool, sun loungers and pool towels
Dining area with barbecue and sunshade
Snooker room with sound system and TV
Laundry equipped with washing and drying machine
Terrace with panoramic views
Evening Meal Prices - Upon Request
Price per person / meal 35.00 €
Children 6-12 years old 15.00 €
Children up to 5 years old Free