Old flag of the boats, the House of Boats is part of the property comprised in the mid-nineteenth century by José do Canto, an aristocrat São Miguel, who in 1814 married a rich heiress, Maria Guilhermina Taveira Brum da Silveira.
It began to purchase plots of land, having come to 600ha. For this whole area ordered several of the major European cities coming projects such as London and Paris, leaving us on the spot, a legacy of great architectural and botanical value.
Although reduced to 100ha, the property can be enjoyed by many points of interest.
The garden part, Mata-Jardim, represents an important scenic and botanical legacy for the region. These are all features that lend the area a cinematic environment, full of mergers between nature and human intervention, able to provide you unforgettable moments.
- The House of Boats offers two comfortable suites for two people (bedroom, living room and bathroom), one on the ground floor with a fantastic framework for the Lagoon and the second on the top floor, facing the Chapel. Suites:
- Double bed
- Towel warmer
- Hair Dryer (on request)
- Equipped kitchen
- Central heating
- Bicycles and Canoes
- Change of Lençóus 1 to week
- On the ground floor is still the common room designed for your moments of rest, with TV, telephone and Internet connection. The kitchen, fully equipped, and an independent bathroom.
- Upstairs, along with the Suite, is a playroom dedicated to leisure time.
- The whole house is equipped with central heating, allowing a comfortable presence during the winter.
- To enjoy a family holiday, the House of Boats offers placing extra beds for a fee to match.
- For clients of the House of Boats will also be offered the use of canoes, free entry in Mata Jose do Canto Garden, as well as the neo-Gothic chapel of Our Lady of Victories.