Stunning Villa with Large Private Pool & Incredible Views of the Costa Tropical
** 20% DISCOUNT ON ALL TIMES OF THE YEAR IF BOOKED BY THE 31st March 2019 **
New Updates for 2018
• We now have a new large parasol for those hot days by the pool
• There is now a table tennis table
• Lots of additional toys and games for children, both for inside and outside
• The kitchen has been updated with new white units and we have a new table in the kitchen too
• If you fancy staying in but don’t wish to cook, a chef can come round to the villa and do barbeques for you or paella
We launched Celeste for rental in November 2015.
However, having carefully selected it from over 50 top class villas to buy in the area and having looked at 100s more on the web, we can assure you that it has the most stunning views we’ve seen by far, from every part of the property, plus the best and most expansive outside area: there are several terraces and pergolas, with various spaces with sunny and shaded options for dining and relaxing. The reality of the views when you are there really is mouth-openingly beautiful!
We are currently refurbishing it completely throughout so that the standard of the inside matches the outside, with contemporary new furniture, fittings and art to create an even more attractive and relaxing environment for our guests.
Especially with this discount, if you compare it to other very top class villas in the area, we think it represents really excellent value, so please try it out and let us know what you think!
Also, if you feel there is something lacking from our extensive list of additional services and facilities that are provided within and close to the villa, please let us know as we may have overlooked something and/or we may be able to incorporate this within the accommodation to make your stay even more enjoyable.
Less than one hour from Malaga airport, this impressive and spacious, detached four-bedroom villa is perfect for relaxing and enjoying the scenery, with a 10-metre-long private pool, plenty of sunny and shaded terrace space for outdoor dining, and breathtaking views over La Herradura bay.
If you want to leave the car in the garage, you can easily walk down the hill to La Herradura village with its sandy beach, restaurants, beach bars and shops, although if you’re not too fit you may wish to take a taxi back up the hill! Or by car it is only about five minutes each way.
On the edge of the Cerro Gordo Nature Park, & situated on the outskirts of the town of La Herradura on the Costa Tropical, this charming & quiet residential community of Los Altos enjoys the best of both worlds: it is within a mile or so of the shops, restaurants, bars, sporting activities & the beach, but is high enough in the hills that you can peacefully enjoy the villa’s exquisite 180-degree coastal views.
The Costa Tropical is so-called because it is warmer than inland areas & the Costa del Sol in the winter, & stays warm without getting oppressively hot in the summer. Typical temperatures are high 20s to low 30s throughout the spring & summer months, & in the high teens & low 20s in the late autumn & winter.
La Herradura itself is delightful: this upmarket town has its own historical charm & a thriving Spanish community, as well as an international mix of discerning locals and tourists. There are restaurants and bars in the town & on the beach itself to suit every taste, from traditional Spanish cuisine & tapas to a full range of international cuisine & fine dining.
Local attractions include the Alhambra Palace and Sierra Nevada’s ski resorts in Granada, which are each one hour’s drive away. Almuñécar is a 10-minute drive & has a castle, a brand new aquarium, a water park for the children to enjoy, & plenty of lovely shops in the old town. Nerja is also a 10-minute drive away & has many lovely shops, the famous Chiringuito de Ayo paella restaurant on Burriana beach, & the beautiful Caves of Nerja to explore. The whitewashed village of Frigilana is a 20-minute drive away, but Almuñécar’s old town can be just as lovely if you’re willing to walk to the top of it.
You can hire canoes, catamarans & small boats from both La Herradura beach and Almuñécar beach. Horse riding is available at La Herradura and in Nerja. The water closest to the villa is the National Marine Reserve, only five minutes drive away, where there is fantastic scuba diving and snorkelling.
Villa Celeste sleeps 10 people and a baby in a cot & has a large 10-metre-long private pool which is not overlooked. It has plenty of wide terraces for eating outside & enjoying the outdoor lifestyle in the sun or the shade. Sunbeds & parasols are provided. There is a gas barbeque available if you fancy cooking al fresco, & there is also a gas cooker in the kitchen.
Each of the four double-size bedrooms, all with their own private bathroom, have the option for double or single beds. Each room is light and airy, & all have sea views.
Air conditioning is installed throughout the villa: within the lounge, dining room and snug areas, as well as all of the bedrooms.
The villa has two lounge areas, a dining room, & plenty of space outside with outdoor furniture provided, making this villa suitable for one or two families, or a group of friends. There is also a private drive inside the entrance gate and a garage.
Extremely child friendly, the pool is completely surrounded by a lockable gate & there is a hard cover for the pool as a further safety measure. Arm bands & inflatables are also provided.
Los Altos has an exclusive, gated-community family area within 100 metres of the villa, which is completely free to use for those renting with us. This area consists of two pools, one for adults and one for children, as well as two paddle tennis courts.
Malaga airport, at just under an hour away, is the closest and easiest airport to fly to & from. As one of the busiest airports in Europe, there are many flights from all over Europe to Malaga, including several a day from UK airports. Granada airport is just over an hour away.
If you want to avoid hiring a car, there are regular buses from the airport. Taxis are also available or we can arrange for a private car to collect you. Once you arrive at the villa, you can walk to the restaurants, shops, beach and bars or hire local taxis to get around.
We will send you detailed instructions of how to get here, and our property manager can either meet you at the villa or guide you in. She speaks five languages & will be available to make your stay as enjoyable and relaxing as possible.
You will also be given a substantial welcome hamper on arrival for your convenience, which will be useful if you arrive at the villa when the shops are closed or if you are too tired to go shopping straight away, this includes a bottle of cava, bottle of red wine, bottle of water, crisps and olives. There will be tea and coffee waiting in the villa for you and milk in the fridge. If you’re arriving late on the Saturday the shops are closed on Sundays so you may wish to ask our property manager to buy you some essentials ready for when you arrive
You can walk to the town, the beach & the nearest shops, or it’s five minutes by car.
The following are nearby:
• Less than one hour from Malaga Airport
• Pick up from the airport by taxi or private car can be arranged, & there are
• One hour from Granada & the Alhambra Palace
• Nerja is only 15 minutes drive away
• Just over one hour to the Sierra Nevada and skiing in the winter
• One hour from the historical city of Malaga, Picasso’s birthplace
• Community pools and paddle tennis within 100 metres for families as well as the private pool at villa
• Local restaurant within easy walking distance (6-7 minutes) and plenty more a mile and a half away in the town
• Traditional Spanish restaurants in the town, plus fine dining and international cuisine
• Beach bars, cafes and restaurants on the beach a mile and a half away
• Beach is a mile & a half away
• Shops and town are a mile and a half away
• Children’s water parks in the next two, 10 minutes drive away
• Golf is 25 minutes drive away, buggies & clubs can be hired
• Tennis options within two miles, can be booked in advance and are inexpensive
• Horse riding only 10 minutes drive away
• Deep sea diving club three miles away
• Paragliding (it’s happening above you)
• Deep sea diving club two miles away
• Local Cycle hire in the town two miles away
To make your stay more pleasant:
• Easy to follow, detailed instructions & maps to find the villa
• The property manager will meet you there and show you how everything works
• Welcome hamper on arrival
• Detailed information guide in various languages on recommended restaurants, things to do in the area & local attractions, bars, shops, sporting activities etc.
• Spare linen and towels so that for longer stays you can change it every week; laundry service also available
• Coffee-making machine, food mixer and plenty of cooking utensils, paella pan, cork screw etc.
• Basics such as sugar, salt, pepper, spices, tea, coffee and other items provided in the kitchen
• Complimentary wifi and satellite/cable TV, including BBC and other channels
• No smoking allowed inside the villa
• Professionally cleaned so it is spotless on your arrival; for long stays, additional, regular cleaning is offered
• Cot provided
• High chair provided
• Rails around pool area with lockable gate
• Hard cover for pool
• Arm bands & floats available
• Anti-slip mats available for the baths and showers
• Smoke Alarms
• Carbon Monoxide Alarms
• Fire extinguisher
• First Aid K