|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This beautiful cabin fronting Mountaintown Creek offers the ultimate escape. There is something about coming here that makes time stand still, and the experience of true relaxation is incredible. The cabin is designed to give you the feeling of being totally pampered while enjoying the rustic beauty of Ellijay.
The cabin’s most striking feature is the huge picture window with a fabulous view of Mountaintown Creek. The “River Room” is the perfect place to unwind at any time of the day. Of course, it’s a hard decision because the covered deck outside offers the same fantastic view with the added bonus of listening to the water rushing over the rocks.
The cabin is professionally decorated with beautiful new cabin furnishings which enhance your experience. The leather sofas surrounding the stacked stone fireplace provide the perfect place to gather on a chilly night. The living room also includes a flat screen TV with satellite, DVD player and surround sound system. Other living areas include the loft with a large book collection and the terrace TV room, featuring a flat screen TV with satellite and DVD player.
The fully equipped kitchen features granite countertops, microwave, dishwasher and a refrigerator with in-the-door ice and chilled water. Three bedrooms offer luxurious king sized beds. The fourth bedroom has two twin beds, along with two pop-up trundle beds for additional sleeping options. There is also another TV with DVD/VCR player, along with an extensive VCR library.
The cabin is designed to provide a variety of living spaces for you to enjoy your time in the North Georgia mountains:
* Great Room - In addition to the grand stacked stone fireplace, there's a leather sofa, loveseat and recliner. The entertainment center houses a 32' flat screen TV, DVD, VCR, and the system includes surround sound. A hand carved bar cabinet provides a space to store your adult beverages. The 'River Room' section of the Great Room features a game table with four chairs - perfect for playing games while enjoying the view of Mountaintown Creek. The dining room features a beautiful table with windsor chairs. The kitchen island with hand-crafted Amish stools is a natural gathering space as meals are prepared.
* The Moose Room - The upper level master bedroom features a luxury orthopedic king size mattress and fantastic lodge style furniture. The bedroom has 6' french doors opening to a private deck overlooking Mountaintown Creek.
* The Bear Room - The main level master bedroom features a luxury orthopedic king size mattress and beautiful rustic furnishings. Six foot french doors open to a deck with adirondack chairs and a view of the Creek.
* Master Bathrooms - Two large identical bathrooms reside on the main and upper levels, each with jetted jacuzzi tub, separate shower, double sinks, and separate toilet room.
* Loft - The upper level loft is the home of a large collection of books that will satisfy every member of your group. Games for all ages are a perfect way to gather everyone for some fun. The loft includes a sofa and desk with internet access.
* Terrace TV Room - The 42' flat screen TV with DVD and VCR is the draw for this areas which is a great second living area for larger groups.
* The Wolf Room - This bedroom located on the terrace level includes a king bed with orthopedic mattress. Step out french doors and walk to the edge of Mountaintown Creek.
* The Fish Room - The terrace level bedroom features twin beds with trundles underneath. There is a TV with DVD/VCR and large collection of videos. French doors open out onto Mountaintown Creek.
* Outdoor Fireplace - The way to start and end a day is with an outdoor fire. The fireplace on the covered deck is the draw on cool mornings which invite you to have coffee by the fire. Chilly evenings beckon for a fire and good conversation.
* Covered Porch - In addition to the outdoor fireplace, the porch features rockers overlooking Mountaintown Creek. Sitting and rocking is the perfect way to do absolutely nothing at the cabin. Outside there's also a barnwood table and chairs for outdoor dining - one of the real joys about being at the cabin.
I have to start off with you better not drive a vehicle that you care about. The road is rough getting to the cabin and read your directions carefully. It is not easy to find. The cabin was very pretty inside and out and we all slept very well. The beds are nice and there is plenty of room. The kitchen has not enough storage for your food items. There were 10 of us and we had to dig for our food out of the containers we brought. One of the cabinets is filled with the owners items which should be boxed up and stored in one of the empty closets when guests are there. The grooming of the plants and trees around the cabin was terrible. Cobwebs could have been taken down off of the porches and vines trimmed off of the steps going into the cabin. The picture on the website is misleading. It is really grown up more than the picture shows. Parking on the gravel is required but is confusing as there is no distinctive gravel path. It is all mixed in with the grass. We had sense enough to know where the septic tank was and did not park on it. Whoever does their housekeeping is not doing a good job. It was dusty on the furniture and wads of dust downstairs against the wall around the couch. The gas stove was nasty. It hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. Our towels were folded up under the sink but were soured as they had not been completely dried before putting them under there. We had to rewash them. The washer smelt like the soured towels. The river is very calming and pretty but don't plan to canoe down it. You would be getting in and out allot pulling it off of the rocks. You can do tubes but you need a stick to keep you off of the rocks and bottom. No big fish, just little Chub suckers. We drove to a rafting place and went down the Toccoa River in canoes. That was nice. Expect insects, bugs, ants, etc. You are in the woods. Bring bug spray. There was an ant problem but all you do is put out a sprinkle of instant grits on a piece of paper in different spots and ants will be gone within a day or two. It is a very quiet place to stay but you will have to entertain yourself. If you like sitting around, doing nothing, it's for you. I enjoy that. If you like getting out and running around, there are plenty of places to go.
Enjoyed our week at the cabin. It was very clean and modern. All the amenities were top end and had everything you could want. Owner does a fabulous job being with the process and the property. Some nice touches with the smores and wine gift basket! Very secluded and relaxing. Only reason for not giving 5 stars it is takes a very long time to drive through the resort to get to the property. If you plan to just camp out at the house and leave very few times - you can't go wrong. If you are using this as a base to explore the surrounding areas - you may find the challenge to get in and out a bit wearing by the end of a week. Overall a wonderful, relaxing and well done property that we very much enjoyed.
Other Activities: shopping, kayaking, boating, miniature golf
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Oct 1 2016 - Oct 31 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning Fee||$135 + Tax|
Rates are subject to change until deposited.
Two night stay minimum.
Three night stay minimum holidays and October.
Four night stay minimum during summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day).
Five night stay minimunm 4th of July.
One week stay minimum Thanksgiving.
** ALL HOLIDAY BOOKINGS HAVE A BASE NIGHTLY RATE OF $230/night FOR 4 GUESTS, PLUS APPLICABLE ADD'L GUESTS.