|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
* Please fully read the property description, location and e-mail if you have questions regarding living in New York State rural environment!
* ON THE WATER 10 MILE VIEW FROM WRAP AROUND DECK - YEAR ROUND TASTEFULLY FURNISHED private HOME - 1 mile south of the charming village of Aurora near Wells College. Perfect for summer vacations and Autumn retreats.
YOU WILL BE COMFORTABLE AT SUNSET HOUSE whether you use it as a base for activities or just never leave once you arrive.
THE MAIN LEVEL includes a Great Room with cathedral ceilings (ceiling fans), gas fireplace, basic cable TV, DVD, and CD/radio with sound system.
DINING AREA, FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN with dual fuel stove, microwave and coffeemaker.
* OUTSTANDING SUNSETS
* RENOWNED Finger Lakes WINE TRAIL
* Stairs to walk into lake and dock with stair access from parking area
* 1 MILE TO CHARMING VILLAGE OF AURORA , Cell phone is necessary and ATT reception can be a problem. 1 mile south to beach at Long Point State Park.
* NEARBY: twenty easy miles to the heart of ITHACA, 30 minutes to SKANEATLES and 30 minutes to Auburn.
* Plus or minus 1 hr to Syracuse, Rochester, Corning and Watkins Glen.
* WINE TRAIL and-3 1/2 miles to Goose Watch Winery by boat.
* MACKENZIE-CHILDS POTTERY FACTORY, Bass Pro Shop,
* Bringing your own linens is preferable. Linens and towels are available. Blankets and pillows provided.
* INTERNET AVAILABLE, WI-FI AVAILABLE at Dorie's Restaurant, Wells College and Fargo Bar and Grill in Aurora (1 mile)
* WATER FOR COOKING AND DRINKING IS PROVIDED. Treated, sanitized well water for showers and sinks is not for drinking.
Phil and Phyllis purchased the property from a family member. Phil's dream was to build his own home on the lake in 1993. We worked together on the home while working for corporations in Rochester, NY. We've met many interesting families and enjoy sharing our lake home.
PHYLLIS DANN purchased this house in 1993
The property belonged to Phil's Uncle and he wanted to keep the property in the family. We are so delighted to have been able to build Sunset House for the family. We hope you enjoy your stay!
Sunset House deck is over the lake and all the rooms have views of the lake. There is a Chiminea for fires on a cool day and comfy outdoor furniture. Our lake home is tastefully decorated and family antiques add to the charm of the home..
Oct. 5-12, 2013
We all had a wonderful time here! We especially loved the time we spent on the deck overlooking the lake. The lake home was cozy and inviting. Thanks again!
Tim, Brooke, Ben and Carly -
Home is as beautiful if not more so than pictured. Very comfortable. Located in a quiet and peaceful area. Very relaxing, yet close to many activites. Beautiful state parks, great restaurants (Pumpkin Hill Bistro was excellent) & wineries. Sunsets over the lake are spectacular. Had a lot of fun feeding the ducks who swam up to the deck. We had a great vacation!!!!
we have stayed here several times- It is SO relaxing- great place to get away from the wear and tear of daily work. A few days here and energized... The deck has a great views- I would love to stay longer if could
This is our 3rd stay at this very cozy home with amazing views! Even when you are inside the outside comes in because of all the windows. Phyllis and Phil are so nice to deal with booking the home and if any problems arise are very attentive. We loved "Pumpkin Hill" restaurant and the farmers market in Ithaca. Can't wait til our next visit!!!
Overall, this lake house was very pleasant. The deck is beautiful and the location was convenient for us during a Wells College graduation weekend. The home was clean, well stocked and well taken care of. It has a nice kitchen and living room area. The lake views are gorgeous. The downstairs master bedroom did have a bit of a musty, dampish odor, but it wasn't too bad. It's helpful to know that this house is on a road where the homes are cheek-by-jowl close. Also, as is obvious from the photos, there is no beach. This wasn't a concern for us, but if you have little kids, it might be a problem that there isn't much outdoor play space other than swimming off the dock. I, my family and friends enjoyed the home and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to others.
Excellent people to deal with. love to stay here- we have stayed at other places- but find ourselves coming back. we are staying 2x this year. Our grown children keep asking when we will rent again for the family gathering
Lovely surroundings and we had a very relaxing time. We are nature lovers and especially enjoyed the nesting swallows, mergansers and even saw a couple of eagles fly by. Out on our kayak, we saw an eagle close by in a tree as well as Caspian terns on the water and a fawn on the river bank. The house is attractive and spacious and the deck is amazing! Because of it's proximity to the lake,the house does need to have marine style toilets, but they were clean and posed no problem. We did also have to use the bottled water supplied for drinking and cooking and that was not a problem either. We enjoyed kayaking and swimming right off the dock, went to wineries, Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge and other attractions and had a great time.
Reading the complete property description will insure you enjoy staying at our lake home in a beautiful rural environment.
Communicate by e-mail or contact by phone number 585-967-5700 or 5708 to deal with any questions or concerns.
For shopping 1 mile from the charming village of Aurora and 5 miles from Union Springs New York. Nestled along the eastern shore of Cayuga Lake Aurora is surrounded by rolling farmland and dramatic gorges and waterfalls. Guests staying at Sunset House enjoy beautiful scenery. wineries, artisan cheese making, dining, antiques, shopping, outdoor recreation.
Golf: WELLS COLLEGE GOLF COURSE
A beautiful nine-hole course designed by Robert Trent Jones, Club and cart rental available. Concessions and prop shop on premises. Open dawn to dusk,
KING FERRY GOLF COURSE
1309 Clearview Rd., King Ferry. Scottish-links style, 9 holes with lake view.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jul 1 2016 - Sep 9 2016
3 night minimum stay
Sep 10 2016 - Oct 31 2016
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
1/2 RENTAL HOLDS RESERVATION - SECURITY RETURNED WITHIN 1 WEEK
1 week res for July-August
* July and August - $1680/wk for Sat-to-Sat or Sun-to-Sun. EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT.
* June - $1550/wk for Sat-to-Sat or Sun-to-Sun.
* Memorial Day,Labor day, Wells, Cornell and Ithaca Graduation weekends 3 DAY minimum ($240 day)
* WEEKLY spring/fall - May, Sept.,Oct., Nov - $1365.00/wk. RATE OFF peak
We ask for 1/2 the rental by check to confirm your reservation. The rest of the rental fees will be received by us when you arrive. We also ask for a check for the security ($500) which is returned to you after one week if the home is as you found it when you arrived and there is no damage to the property.