About the property
- House981 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
House, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
***Boulder short term rental license number RHL-0002892***
Most reviewed property in Boulder!
* CHECKOUT OUR VIDEO. Please arrow to the 3rd picture.
Make our luxurious Five-Star guest suite your home away from home in Boulder. We’re located TWO BLOCKS FROM PEARL ST. where you’ll find amazing shopping, restaurants and culture right out the front door—no car needed. Our walkability score is 95. We are walking distance to the Boulder transit center.
* Stay at the most HIGHLY RATED property in Boulder, located in the very upscale and quiet neighborhood of Whittier. Our guests love being able to walk for coffee in the morning, or dinner in the evening.
* PRIVATE ENTRANCE & BATHROOM. (Our guest suite is not a shared space)
* We’re proud to be only the fourth owners of this legacy home in 117 years. Our guest suite offers 980 square feet of total privacy that includes two fireplaces and a washer/dryer, with luxury bathroom. Why stay in a noisy 200-square-foot hotel room?
* This one-bedroom guest suite is FULLY FURNISHED with everything you’ll need, including fine linens and towels, new furnishings, great artworks and a new queen-size bed.
* In addition, a queen-size pullout sofa ( With new mattress) is perfect for children or a second couple. The family room is separated from the guest suite by French doors that close for privacy, comfortably accommodating four people. Please see our video.
* RELAX IN FRONT OF THE FIREPLACE and make this your home away from home while in Boulder.
* The space has been designed and furnished with no architectural detail overlooked, including Venetian plaster and reclaimed 150-year-old red-oak floors, two fireplaces, and a well-lighted office area with great storage and a private and secure high-speed Wi-Fi network for all your multi-media needs.
* You will also find a huge closet for all of your storage needs.
* Boulder is a world-renowned culinary destination, with scores of great restaurants within walking or biking distance.
* The guest-suite KITCHENETTE is well equipped with a Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer, microwave and toaster oven, hot plate, wine cooler and coffee maker—and all the dishes, utensils and glassware one needs to prepare a wonderful meal at home.
* Have you ever thought of MOVING TO BOULDER? What better way to get the lay of the land… Everything was designed to be turnkey for your visit, and the space is perfect for a visiting entrepreneur, athlete or professor.
* PRIVATE ENTRANCE. You will have an entire floor of 980 sq. ft to yourself. The guest suite is separate from the rest of the $1.8 MILLION HOME in which we reside. Take advantage of the garden and private back yard for your morning coffee or a read.
* This is your opportunity to stay in a historic Boulder home, in complete comfort and privacy.
Please check the calendar for availability, then select from the "Instant book" or " Send e-mail" choices on the right side of the page --->>> Or, you can even go old school and just call us.
$500 secures your booking and confirms your reservation. Your entire rental fee will then be billed to you 30 days prior to your arrival. ( We are proud to say we have never charged a dime of anyone's deposit)
We look forward to meeting you!
With warm regards,
Dr. Kelly & Richard Schuh
Keywords: Downtown Boulder. Boulders Top Rated Listing. Private Home / Pet Friendly / All inquiries answered in 24 Hours. Visa / MC accepted
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
About Richard Schuh
Richard & I are only the 4th owners of this historic Boulder home in 118 years. We have been on VRBO for 10.5 years and have hosted over 800+ guests. The home has been carefully restored and we are proud to be the next generation to carry the torch. Richard is a small business owner and I am a Doctor. The main part of the home is our primary residence, with the guest suite being completely private. You will have your own private entrance and bath as well as a fireplace and kitchenette. If you have not already seen our video here is the link : We look forward to having you as guests !! Kelly & Richard
Richard Schuh purchased this House in 2006
Why Richard Schuh chose Whittier
The home is our primary residence. Richard bought the property in September of 2006 just after the renovation. Every home flipper in town had looked at it until the previous owner pulled the trigger and hired the best craftsmen and trades in town for a top to bottom gut renovation. Richard was in town after an Outward Bound Excursion and discovered the home while riding a bike through the historic district. It came down to -If I don't buy this home - I am going to regret it. So he bought it and moved from Minnesota.
What makes this House unique
Mapleton @ 17th Street. The location cannot be beat. You will be right in the heart of Downtown Boulder and be able to walk to everything. As well, the guest suite is very private and comfortable. The architect designed it to feel like a suite in a Five Star hotel with all the amenities you would expect. Beautiful artwork & furniture. Fine linens & Towels. Washer & dryer. The home is located in a very quiet neighborhood in the historic district 4 doors down for the 'Mork & Mindy' house.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Does not get much better that this
Luv It. It was a romantic weekend away from the kids and it could not have gone better. This historic home is right in Downtown Boulder and we were able to walk to Pearl St. The guest suite; Beautiful , huge, luxurious, clean, very peaceful, private. We loved the fireplace and the bathroom was as good as any I have ever seen. The Schuh family handled everything. The booking was easy and they even accepted our Visa card.
How fortunate were we to come to town and stay in one of the nicest homes in Boulder.
It was great having you. To all of our future guests - Our guest book is completely controlled by VRBO and HomeAway. People are free to write whatever they wish after staying at our guest suite. To post a review your e-mail much match the one used for booking. This is done to insure the integrity of everyones guest book. We have been on VRBO for almost 9 years and the experience has been amazing. Stay @ the most reviewed vacation rental in Boulder. We have no editing control or ability to add or delete any entries.
The Schuh Family Boulder
Long Weekend In Boulder
I can’t say enough good things about this property. It all starts with Richard and Kelly; truly great people, extraordinarily warm and inviting. The guest suite itself is lovely. Beautifully equipped with everything you need. Great fridge, washer/dryer, updated bathroom, WiFi, desk if you need to work, fireplace, etc. The location is perfect, two blocks from Pearl, six blocks from a retail center including grocery, and a short run to the Sanitas trail. Our family of four loved every minute. See you at the next concert Richard!
The apartment was clean, had everything we needed and perfect for our stay.
We loved staying with Richard and Kelly! They are great people and we were free to come and go as we wanted but Richard was also available for any questions we had! The location was phenomenal! I cannot say enough about this rental!
We stayed at 2236 for two glorious weeks while visiting our daughter, son-in-law and beautiful new granddaughter. Our accommodations were as comfy as can be. The bed was cozy and restful, and you could practically melt into the leather sofa and chair. The place is lovely, private, and well-thought-out. There are separate relaxing areas; therefore we never felt cramped or into each other's space. The bathroom was beautifully designed for comfort and ease. Loved the shower! The efficient kitchenette and laundry facilities suited us to a T. We both took full advantage of the very nice desk area. Everything in the home was immaculate and well-cared for. The location of this gorgeous property cannot be overstated. Parking in the charming neighborhood was easy (thanks to the parking permit provided by the Schuhs), and walking to Pearl Street was a breeze. Richard and Kelly are most gracious and accommodating hosts, and their daughter Maddie, is a very pretty, delightful little girl. Richard responds immediately if you need any info or guidance. It was a most positive experience and we hope to visit with the Schuhs again and again as we return to watch our precious granddaughter grow and thrive in Boulder....
Glenda & Charlie, Thanks for the nice review. It's alway's great when we can bring families together, especially when a new baby comes into the world. It was a pleasure meeting you and hearing the story of how you met. Kelly and I just celebrated our 9th anniversary (Of meeting) Our true 9th is this June 20th.
Right in Downtown Boulder
This vacation rental is right in the middle of downtown boulder. We barely moved our car for a week. So many times a listening says close to or near and is a mile away. We turned left every morning at the front gate and before we knew it, the day flew by. Nice property- nice people-nice price. It was super clean and we loved sleeping in every morning. It was our honeymoon.
Mike & Becky- So nice to have you. We do seem to be wedding central. You are probably the 25-30th wedding related guest we have had over the last 10 years. Glad you loved Boulder!
Beats them all
I have stayed at dozens of vacation rentals over the years as I travel the world. This one is easily in my top 3. Its an awesome house in an awesome neighborhood right in the middle of downtown Boulder. The place is huge. It has two fireplaces , a kitchen and a workspace with a secure wireless network. I work all day and head out for the night and I was able to walk everywhere. I used an Uber once. The owners were cool and left me alone. You will like this place.
Mike- Our goal is to be here if you need anything and to respect your privacy if you don't. The guest suite is an amazing space. Thanks.
Boulder is a world class training center for athletes. The guest suite would be perfect for a visiting athlete. Boulder Community Hospital is right up the Street.