|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Spectacular views from this beautiful Maine vacation property. Set back about 150 ft. from Maine's rocky coastline, this glass-walled contemporary home has it all--cathedral ceilings, awesome views and a foot bridge to "the rocks" to have morning coffee, fish or just relax. If you get up early you can watch the lobster-men haul in their traps, right in front of the house. This well appointed and well equipped house also has wireless Internet, (DSL), 2 satellite TV's, 2 DVDs, 2 DVRs & 1 VCR.
Home is located about 5 minutes from Reid State Park's pristine ocean beaches and Five Island's outdoor wharf restaurant is close by for daily catches of lobster and other fresh seafood. Other casual and gourmet restaurants are only minutes away.
Georgetown Island has many hiking trails in Reid State Park, the Josephine Newman Audubon Preserve, as well trails in several nearby preserves. Many picturesque harbors and inlets surround the island. Robin Hood Marina, a nearby well-sheltered harbor provides boat docking. Georgetown Island is home to many artists.
Local Attractions: Bath- stores and restaurants, Maine Maritime Museum, Chocolate Church Theater and Art Gallery, and the Bath Shipyard. Freeport- L.L. Bean, numerous outlets, Desert of Maine, restaurants, brewpubs. Boothbay Harbor-many boat tours, shops and art galleries, Wiscasset- Maine's prettiest village. Brunswick- Bowdoin College's Art Museum and Summer Theater, Adm. Perry Museum, Discovery Center, golf courses. Portland-Art shows,Narrow Gauge and scenic railways, ferries, lighthouses, museums.
The incredible views, sunrises and sunsets, the peace and quiet of Maine's woods and rocky coastline, and the proximity to Reid State Park and many of Maine's great coastal towns,villages and restaurants.
You can't beat having your morning coffee on the rocky cliff-side coastline right in front of the house, while watching the lobster-men haul in their traps. The views are awesome, especially from the loft. The picture perfect sunrises are worth the early morning rise. At sunset, have cocktails on the deck or on the rocky cliffs and watch the sailboats return from a day at sea. This house is FULLY equipped and really has everything. Just bring your toothbrush and camera!!
We have had a wonderful week. The house is in the perfect location--a beautiful view, close to Reid State Park and close enough to Bath for our friends to visit. We love coming to Maine--cooler weather, LOBSTER, boat trips, sunrises and beautiful scenery. We really appreciate the labels on everything!! It made our week so much easier. The house was very well equipped. We had all that we needed and more. The WIFI enabled us to keep in touch with home while still enjoying our week away. Thanks for everything.
(Guest stayed 8/29-9/5, 2015 and posted these comments in house guestbook on 9/4. Owner posted them on website on 10/12). One of the guests posted these comments in guestbook and other guest in the same party, for the same visit, posted the comments online that follow this listing.)
There were only three of us who stayed at the property. My wife and I slept upstairs in the King Size Bed. Great sleeping every night without A/C. My 82 year old Aunt slept downstairs in the twin bedroom. We each had our own Bathroom. Having 2 baths was very improtant to us. While the beds were very comfortable, the rest of the furniture needs to be updated. The great room chairs and loveseats were not comfortable to sit on. The foam cushions have seen their better days. The dining room table with only benches on the sides left a lot to be desired and offered no back support. I also was not enamored by the stepping up and down everytiime you went from LR to DR, BR, or bathroom. The ramp going in to the LR should extend all the way to the driveway. Not a great place for older people.
We certainly enjoyed the sunrises and views of the lobstermen tending their traps. The screen porch was a nice place to sit and be bug free. I would certainly recommend this rental as a great place other than the above criticism.
The property was clean but needs exterior freshening. The path to the rock ledge was inaccessible because it has overgrown and needs to be cut back.
We ate "Lobstah" at Five Islands, Spinneys, and Taste of Maine. We had a great breakfast at the Georgetown Store. Everything cooked fresh and the way we ordered it. Their prices are very reasonable. You can get a Lobster Roll for $13 there. We went to Boothbay and did a 2.5 hour boat cruise and saw Seals, Cormorants, and 3 lighthouses. Great places there to shop and get clothing(end of season sales) and gifts. We also went to Landsend Store at the end of Bailey Island. Super end of the year prices on clothing. Made a day trip to Pemaquid Lighthouse where you can climb up and see the workings of the automated light. We had a Lobster at Shaws Wharf that had just been brought in by a Lobsterman. It was steamed and served immediately with melted butter and Cole Slaw. I can still remember how delicious it tasted. The weather was very warm during the day, but cooled down at night. The property manager, Diana was very helpful by phone and e-mail. She send us all the information that we needed before we left for Maine. Although we did not meet her, she did an
outstanding job for us.
Propriété très bien située, au calme, vue sur mer magnifique , surtout en fin de journée, trés bien entretenue à part le bout de chemin de la White Road à la maison, à refaire car peu accessible pour certains véhicules !
Impression générale bonne, juste un bémol concernant la propreté dans les coins !! Le principal était propre mais dès que l'on regardait un peu dans les coins, s'était pas mal sale d'où le fait que je ne mette que 4 étoiles.
Tapis trés propres, lits plus que correct, tout ce qu'il faut pour cuisiner poissons et homards sans avoir à aller au restaurant.
Je recommande cette maison mais ceux qui veulent un endroit impeccable niveau propreté iront ailleurs.
Mention trés bien pour la gestionnaire de propriété, merci Dianna !
Restaurant à éviter, le Five Islands Lobster Wharf , attrape touristes, bon mais mal cuisiné et aucuns accompagnements, trés cher pour ce que s'était !!!
- We were three adults and three kids (7, 6 & 3).
- The house is exactly as described though the photos do not do it justice at all! The home is big and bright and spacious and has a wonderful view. Just before we arrived, the place had been sprayed to prevent mosquitoes (they keep treatments up all summer) and so the bugs were not an issue at all.
- The house was clean and well-equipped with everything you could ever need in the kitchen and very comfortable beds. The furniture is all solid wood and great for a house like this. The water pressure isn't the greatest but with a well, you have to manage your expectations. There is a lot of storage space and a lot of tables / desks, etc.
- When you walk in on the main floor there is the living room, dining room, kitchen and then in the back of the house the twin bedroom and the queen bedroom. There is also a bathroom with a tub / shower and there is a washer and dryer in an annex from the queen bedroom. Upstairs, there is the master suite which is huge and very open (i.e no door) and another full bathroom. There is also the 4th "bedroom" which is a double futon. There is also a desk and TV/ DVD / VCR in that room. It is very bright in the morning. There were plenty of fans everywhere and screens on all of the windows so it was very comfortable in the home. There is also a walk-out basement with a separate entrance which has the furnace, beach gear, kiddie pool, charcoal, etc.
- There is satellite TV (with a recording function), internet, phone, DVD & VHS players and we were very grateful to have the Maine State Park pass with the house which allowed us (up to 17 people in the same vehicle) into Reid Beach, Popham Beach and a few forts.
- Dianna from RENTEX was great to work with and I pestered her with so many questions before arriving. She was also kind enough to collect a few parcels for me as were were coming from Canada! We really appreciated this.
- I would not hesitate to recommend this property and Dianna to a friend.
- We loved Reid and swam on the Half Mile Beach (there was a rip tide warning at the Mile Beach). The water was a bit cool but lovely and clear and we all got in. When the tide is going out we surfed the tidal river out to the shore and it was lots of fun. Bath was great for shopping and we loved Popham Beach too. We did a Maine Maritime Museum Cruise and were really impressed with the Botanical Gardens in Boothbay. Fine Islands Lobster Co. was a hit.
Great energy, lots of light, and beautiful place on the rocks to just sit and listen to the sea. My 7 yr old grandson loved it as well as my grown children. Exceeded my expectations and we will definitely be back. One suggestion, a comfortable couch would be a great addition to the living room to relax and read. Thanks for sharing this special place.
Georgetown Island provides a great location for visiting area attractions in Portland, Freeport, Brunswick, Bath, Boothbay Harbor, Rockland, Camden and many other coastal areas.
Hike or bike to the beach at Reid State Park. A well-marked trail is on the opposite side of the main road from the driveway. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Island on the many hiking trails including an Audubon sanctuary.
Children will enjoy the tidal pools at Reid State Park where the water is warmer and calm. The waxing and waning of the tides create different characters both at the beach and along the rocks that mark the coast.
Other Activities: coastal driving and boat tours Narrow Gauge Railway Train tours from Wiscasett .
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Peak Summer 2016
Jul 9 2016 - Sep 9 2016
7 night minimum stay
Early Fall 2016
Sep 10 2016 - Oct 22 2016
4 night minimum stay
Early Summer: $1500/wk
Peak Summer: $1675/wk
A $500.00 Security Deposit is required.
Linens and towels are available for an additional fee of $75.00.
7 night minimum for Peak Summer and 4 night minimum for Early Summer and Fall. .
Booking this property requires a Paypal account or a guaranteed bank check for the final payment, the latter received within 7 business days prior to the first rental day. A personal check may be used to cover the security deposit and must be issued at the time of booking. The security deposit for a 1 week rental is $500. and $350. for a 4 day rental. Credit cards and echecks are not accepted.