Situated in rural North Devon, Archway House has three large double bedrooms (all bedrooms have TVs), two lounges (the main lounge having a large flat screen TV), and a separate kitchen with TV aerial point. There are two generous bathrooms, one being an en-suite to the main bedroom with both shower and bath, the second servicing the other two bedrooms, again with shower and bath. There is an additional cloakroom downstairs. The house sleeps up to six people in three bedrooms although it would be possible to increase this to eight by using the second lounge downstairs. The light and airy living area is split into a lounge/diner with large sliding doors leading out on to the rear patio. There is a log burner, TV and DVD player. The patio has rattan seating and table for al fresco dining and can be accessed from the lounge or kitchen.
Archway House is situated opposite Chulmleigh Golf Course, a family owned and operated course that encourages all players regardless of experience. The course and clubhouse are open throughout the year but from 1st November through to 1st March they are closed on Mondays. Younger players are welcome and players under 16 years of age are offered reduced rates. For more information visit chulmleighgolf .co .uk
Just a few minutes away (within walking distance), are 'Bold Try' stables, the perfect place to learn to ride, to improve your technique, or just for recreational riding. The stables cater for children over 4 years and adults alike, providing fun for all the family. For more information visit boldtrystables-chulmleigh. co. uk
If you’re looking to relax during your break, just 100 yards away is Sunnyfields Health Spa, the perfect location for relaxation and pampering. With an array of treatments, pampering and indulgences on offer, you can treat yourself to a one off treatment, or to the exclusive use of the health spa, equipped with indoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and shower, outdoor hot tub and lounging deck. The Spa offers full day, morning or evening sessions, all with complimentary refreshments and nibbles on arrival with the additional options of lunch or supper on request. Packages can be tailored to suit your individual needs and requirements. For more information visit sunnyfieldsspa. co. uk. Alternatively, just a short drive away, you can experience the range of luxurious facilities on offer at Highbullen Golf and Country Club including swimming pool, tennis courts, fitness suite, and a range of spa treatments.
Chulmleigh is an ideal location to access an abundance of leisure activities including;
• Days out with the kids – Chulmleigh is a central point for access to an abundance of adventure parks and activities for all age groups. The best way to investigate you options is to visit the ‘Days out with the kids’ site at dayoutwiththekids. co. uk/things-to-do/Chulmleigh.
• Walking – The South West Coast has an abundance of walking options along coastal paths visit -southwestcoastpath. com /day-walks/ . The national Trust offers other excellent options for walking. For more information visit -nationaltrust. org. uk/visit/local-to-you/south-west/things-to-see-and-do/north-devon/
• Cycling - The Tarka Trail is an entirely traffic-free 32 mile cycle trail which runs from Braunton to Meeth in North Devon. The flat and family-friendly trail travels through beautiful countryside, offers stunning views across the estuaries of the River Taw and Torridge and features a range of picnic spots, cafes and pubs. For more information visit -
• Fishing – Stafford Moor, just a few miles away have 5 lakes and you can book a variety of fishing options. For more information visit staffordmoor. co. uk. The Devon School of Fly Fishing offer various options for your fishing experience. For more information visit -devonschoolofflyfishing. com.
• Golf - As well as the local Chulmleigh Golf Course, a few miles away is Libbaton Golf Club, a stunning Par 73 Parkland Golf Course, visit - libbatongolfclub. co. uk.
• Historic houses and gardens –These two sites provide extensive information to help you to explore further; - .britainsfinest. co. uk/historichouses/
You can enjoy the best of coast and country with Dartmoor and Exmoor nearby, as well as the North Devon coast in one direction and the cathedral city of Exeter in the other, all within an hour’s drive.
Chulmleigh is a Saxon hilltop village made up of thatched cottages, traditional pubs and a small collection of independent shops including a Bank, Post Office, a Spar Grocery shop which is open until 8pm, and ‘The Old Dairy’ Tea Room and Deli, offering cooked breakfast, cream teas and much more. There is a children’s play park and a sports centre where guests can play tennis, badminton and table tennis. Dining options consist of two traditional pubs, The Red Lion and The Old Courthouse, Chulmleigh Tandoori Indian restaurant/takeaway, the golf course clubhouse which serves cream teas and snacks, Thai from a mobile van that visits every Tuesday from 5.30pm til 8.00 pm and Fish and Chips from ‘Mile’s’ mobile van that visits every Thursday from 5.00pm til 7.30pm. The Red Lion Hotel is well known locally for its stone baked pizzas (which are also available to take away), and its Sunday carvery, as well as its lunch and evening menus.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 6 guests; add $44 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$63|