Situated in one of Switzerlands most well kept secrets, Zinal, Le Sapin Bleu chalet is the ideal destination for anyone seeking an unforgettable skiing or summer alpine holiday.
The Chalet Sapin Bleu is built in the traditional chalet-style of the 70's. Available is the ground floor apartment which sleeps 8. It has a large sitting/dining area, with a woodburning stove and a large kitchen area. There is one double room, one twin room and bunk room for four. There is a bath/shower room with WC and a separate WC. There are storage areas for ski’s, boots and other mountain equipment/toys and a warm boiler room ideal for drying out any wet gear. The apartment is fully equipped with everything you need including a dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. Clean towels and bedding is provided. Free wifi is available. It has a garden which surveys the dramatic mountain scenery and a patio area for eating meals outside, with an awning to protect from the sun if needed. The chalet is next door to a wonderful, modern swimming and wellness complex that is free in the summer and available to everyone all year round. The supermarket is a 4 minute walk away and the ski-lift is a 5 minute walk away.
In the summer, the Val d'Anniviers offers a wealth of alpine activities including walking, via ferrata, biking, swimming and more. In the winter, the skiing is exceptional and suitable for beginners to experts. It is a particularly good area for those looking for backcountry ski options.
This is a truly unspoilt and special area to visit and the chalet provides the ideal base from which to have an unforgettable time.
We are Nick and Niki and we've been spending every winter season in Zinal since 2013. Nick is a Mountain Guide and runs an off-piste guiding company called Grimentz-Zinal Backcountry Adventures. Zinal is not only a special, non-spoilt and extensive ski desitination - it also offers as much as a summer alpine holiday as it can in the winter. They say people visit Zinal in the winter and stay for the summer! We have commitments in the UK in Devon during the summer so are typically in Zinal from December to April - but have to get a quick fix in the summer too if we can. Between us we have three children, ranging from 15 years old to 24 years old and the chalet is a perfect place for everyone to visit including girl/boy friends, elderly parents or the very young. Pets are also welcome and we have a beautiful wire-haired Hungarian Viszla that spends the winter months with us.
Nichola Vickers purchased this chalet in 2014
This ground floor of Sapin Bleu is easy, comfy and well located for a holiday property. We love it because it is homely, spacious and has everything we need - it is also very reasonably priced for the area. It is ideally placed offering easy access to the village amenities, lifts, swimming pool, great views without being built up or overlooked. It has a lovely outside area and stunning views and has a great feel - it is simple but has style and a lovely homely feel - it is a great mountain retreat.
It's location and ease is probably it's best selling point - with a lovely large sitting area and open plan kitchen and dining room and stunning outside views with good garden space all around. This, along with it's affordability makes it perfect for family/friends holidays.
We have been visiting Zinal since 1980 when we used to camp on the now closed camp site. The area is significantly more developed form then but does not detract from the “village” feel.
This is the first time we has stayed in a chalet in Zinal it was very comfortable, warm and spacious chalet with all the home comfort you could wish for. Very easy to deal with the owners on access there are also local contacts for any queries.
We have a reason to visit in the summer rather than the winter however this should not put you off visiting in the “off season”.
There is plenty to do in Zinal and the Libertie cards provide plenty of scope for exploration at no expense whilst saving your lungs and energy getting up to 8500'. The view are spectacular.
The accommodation is excellent and well placed for easy access to all amenities.
I would love to visit in the winter to see the contrast from +20 degrees in the summer to deep snow!
I can't big it up too much or it might become too popular ;-)
This house is really beautiful. I like better town in Zinal than Zermatt cause feel like more inside in nature.
Linen are very clean and everything alreay prepared.
We had great time at this house and thanks.
We had a very relaxing early spring stay in Sapin Bleu. Grandparents, parents and grandchildren and the chalet provided plenty of space for all of us.
It was between seasons so no skiing and limited local facilities but good for short local walks and a beautiful area especially when the sun shines.
All arrangements with Nichola were easy and we certainly recommend this chalet
This area is full of mountain activities. From walking/hiking, to via ferrarta, forest adventures, mountaineering, glacier activites and more. It suits those who are experienced in the mountains, and those who just want to take in the mountain air. It is a particularly stunning area, unspoilt and a taste of Switzerland as you would imagine it 30 years ago. It is not a modern ski resort, but has more to offer .... summer activities and musts include:
- Walk to Cabane du Petit Mountet (See Plan d’Ete). About 2.5 hours stunning walk there, not too steep ending up at a little mountain hut where you can buy a drink and food (though picnic might be cheaper!) Hut is open until 27th September. Walk home about 2 hours.
- Cable Car from the village to the Sorebois (top of ski area) – free lift with carte liberte. A great spot to go to and walk from – café on top with amazing views. One suggestion, once up the cable car, is to walk up to the Corne Sorebois and take the new cable car down to Grimentz (may have to pay for this cable car, but the view is stunning) and you can then go and have a look around the beautiful village of Grimentz.
- Trottinettes: Min age 10 years: Great fun to hire these giant scooters from top of Sorebois and do a 6km decent back to Zinal.
- Tourist Office – drinks and welcome every Monday evening 6pm (check at Tourist office)
- Indoor Swimming Pool – just next door to the chalet at Les Erables – free with Carte Liberte.
- Mini-Golf, just below swimming pool.
- Tennis courts – below supermarket.
Grimentz – things to do: Grimentz is a 15 min drive from Zinal. There are also many buses that run from Zinal to Grimentz, very efficient and free with your Carte Liberte. Can also take the cable car over to Grimentz from Zinal as described above.
- Local market every Friday afternoon 2pm – 6pm. Worth going – Grimentz has a beautiful ‘old town’ area which is really worth a look and the market has lots of local foods/arts/crafts.
- A trip to the Moiry dam is a must. Drive (20 mins) or take the bus from Zinal to Moiry barrage (free with Carte Liberte) – see timings on enclosed leaflet. Can picnic there.
- Walk to Cabane de Moiry. See Plan d’Ete. A good uphill walk that takes about 2 to 2.5 hours. Worth the effort – the view from the Cabane is extraordinary, looking onto the Moiry Glacier. Drinks and food is available from the Cabane, though again, a picnic is a good idea. Start the walk from the Moiry Glacier Car Park top end and it is well marked (and a popular route – have even seen a four year old walking it!).
- Via Ferrarta: A fantastic via ferrarta course (climbing course on fixed points) runs from just below the Moiry dam. Quite exciting! Organise a guide through the tourist office.
St Luc – things to do: St Luc is one of the other villages in the Val D’Anniviers, a 20 minute drive from Zinal it is in full sun most of the day and is yet another example of a classical swiss village – very pretty and unspoilt.
- Planets walk – See Plan D’ete, Route 1. Drive round to St Luc and take the funicular up to Tignousa. There’s a great walk from there to the Hotel Weisshorn, called the Planets Walk – so the walk follows the different planets of our solar system. An easy walk – about 2 hours each way maximum and the Hotel Weisshorn is extraordinary, perched on the top of a mountain, does a good lunch – though you may prefer a picnic!
Vercorin – things to do: A bit lower down the valley on the Grimentz side – drive to Vercorin takes about 30 mins.
- The Forest Adventure – a circuit dotted with thoroughly safe obstacles (rope bridges, rope swings, zip-lines, aerial walkways, children’s games) in a clearing surrounded by forest. Really good fun, perfect for all ages. Cost chf38 for adults and chf23 for children – and then a 15% discount with your carte liberte (and for the Gondola).
Sierre: Town at the bottom of the valley.
- Lac de Gerond – a beautiful lake that has an outdoor swimming pool area that connects onto the lake, with a number of pools and a big water slide. Great place to go on a hot summers day – take a picnic!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Winter after Xmas
Jan 8 2017 - Apr 23 2017
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||$310|
|Stay tax||£2 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 16 years.|
Guests are required to pay Swiss tourist tax of chf2.50 per night which is indicated as 'stay tax' above.