|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Millfield is a stylish and comfortably decorated three bedroom, semi-detached town house in an exclusive development of four houses. The property has wooden floors throughout the house, starter pack provided for open fire, 42" plasma t.v with multi-channel. Wifi available locally in Kenmare, 4 Star Fáilte Ireland.
The property is surrounded by mountains and lush countryside and yet a 10 minute walk on footpath with night lighting leads you into the heart of Kenmare town which is renowned for its award-winning restaurants, quality shopping, fine pubs, farmers’ markets and lively atmosphere. The Kenmare Bay Hotel with its swimming pool and spa and the magnificient Brooklane Hotel with its restaurant and bar are just 300m from the property. Owner managed. Sleeps 5 comfortably.” Kerry Way” walks are right on the door step.Private secure parking to the front. A complimentary welcome pack awaits all guests which includes all the basic household essentials as well as a bottle of wine, chocolates and cake. Millfield is a great base for touring the Ring of Kerry, Ring of Beara and the Dingle Peninsula. Ideal for couples and families.
Sleeps 5 adults
3 bedrooms – 1 Double en-suite, 1 Twin and 1 Single
Large open plan kitchen/dining area
Large sitting room with a traditionally built open log fire place
All modern conveniences
Sheets and Towels included
Enclosed garden with patio area
Utility room with washing machine and dryer
Off road parking
Oil heating system
Electric hob and oven in Kitchen
DVD and TV provided in sitting room
Radio and CD provided
Bedsheet and towels provided
Cot and Highchair provided on request
Complimentary pack (tea, coffee, milk, soda bread, farm fresh eggs and bag of logs etc) on arrival
Electricity for heating and lighting is an extra charge and is payable on departure. Meter readings will be taken for both electricity and oil.
A security deposit of €100.00 euro is also payable on arrival to the Supervisor. This will be refunded on departure providing there are no breakages or damages.
· Leisure facilities are within 300mwalk at Kenmare Bay Hotel.
· Brook Lane Hotel (evening meals & entertainment) – 300m
· Centra Supermarket – 500m
· Kenmare Heritage Town – 1km (shops, restaurants, pubs, tourist information and local historical places of interest)
Check in time on day of arrival is 4.00 pm to 6.00pm or later by arrangement.
Check out time on day of departure is 10.00 am.
Sorry no smoking in the property or pets allowed
Comments from guests who stayed in Millfield 2013
· Colin and Nicky, England , January 2013, “ Our 3rd trip to Millfield and we’ll be back as we love it so much”
· Danny O’Shea, February 2013, Canada, “Amazing trip. Beautiful house, great sights”
· Jill Smith, March 2013, England, “ Thanks Gail for making our holiday so special, great welcome, house spotless and lovely open fire”
· Mr and Mrs Murphy, USA, May 2013, “Thanks Gail, you have a lovely home and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Kenmare and all that Ireland has to offer, stunning sights. Thanks for the helpful tips”
· Mr and Mrs Bloch, June 2013, Germany, “A real extraordinary stay and a very warm welcome, wonderful weather”
· Mr and Mrs Wallace, UK, August, 2013, “This is our 5th time in Kenmare and the consensus is that this is by far the best property. Well done Gail and thank you!
· Mr and Mrs Lobb, September 2013, Canada, “Thank you for such a lovely stay, we love it here and we will be back again”
· Mr and Mrs Wheelahan, October, Australia, “What a wonderful, friendly country. We will definitely tell our family and friends what a lovely, comfortable house you have Gail”
· Mr and Mrs Burke, November, 2013, France” Our third visit to this house and will be back in 2014. Best restaurant is Packies”
· O’Sullivan family, USA, December 2013, “We thank you for your warm welcome and terrific house that served as a base for our trip to this magical place”
Strollers for Rent
If you can't fit your stroller (buggy) into your car or your travelling by air you can rent one at Precious Moments, call Pauline on 064 66 42578
Kenmare lies approximately 30 minutes drive from a host of sandy beaches and it has a very pretty harbour from where you can swim, fish or take a trip on the "Seafari Cruise" to view the wildlife in the area.
Located in the centre of Kenmare is Finnegan's Bike Hire and Toy Shop Tel: 00353 64 6641083
Star Sailing & Adventure Centre
This new purpose-built Activity Centre and Bar/Restaurant is fast becoming an essential part of a family holiday in Kenmare. The centre itself is situated on the shores of Kenmare Bay and surrounded by the Caha Mountains just a five minute drive from Kenmare Town Centre. The activities on offer include kayaking, sailing, canoeing, sea kayaking, hillwalking, team games and a Wildlife Safari Cruise on Kenmare Bay. Also available are the children’s playground, American pedal boats, water trampoline and slide, archery range, soccer pitch with changing facilities and the family walking trail. Star Sailing and Adventure Centre, Dauros, Kenmare, Co. Kerry 064 66 41222.
Bonane Heritage Park
The Bonane Heritage Park provides visitors with an 1600 metre walk on gravel paths through 5000 years of history while enjoying some breathtaking scenery. Bonane Heritage Park is situated 10Km from Kenmare on the N71 and is open to visitors all year round.
Kenmare boasts two super golf courses. The Ring of Kerry Golf Course is located two miles outside of the town and offers spectacular views of Kenmare Bay from the course itself and also its newly renovated Club House. Dream Ireland guests may avail of special discounted green fees.
Kenmare Golf Club is located in Kenmare Town and follows the shores of Kenmare Bay Estuary.
There are lots of great fishing spots to choose from around Kenmare including Clonee Lake, Kenmare Bay and the Black Valley. Permits can be obtained locally.
The Kerry Way and Beara Way walking routes are ideal for those with an interest in trekking or you could even join the annual summer hike to Ireland's highest mountain, Carrauntouhil. The foothills of the famous MacGillycuddy Reeks are right on Kenmare's doorstep.
Kenmare and its vicinity offers some incredible dive spots and wrecks. You may even be lucky enough to come across a dolphin or two. Try-dives are available for beginners and advanced dives for the more experienced at Kenmare Bay Diving.
Pony Trekking is the ideal way to explore the hidden treasures of Kenmare and its hinterland. Professional lessons are also available for beginners.
Other activities in the area include quad biking, pet farms, craft workshops and bicycle hire.
Kenmare is known as the jewel in the Ring of Kerry and no wonder with its location between two of the most beautiful touring routes in Europe - the Ring of Kerry and the Ring of Beara. These make for very enjoyable day trips from Kenmare.
Kenmare is a designated Heritage Town of Ireland and the town offers a huge selection of places of historical interest to visit. Even strolling around the town is itself a pleasure with Kenmare having received awards from Entente Floral and the award for the Tidiest Town in Ireland in the year 2000. Kenmare was recently awarded the accolade of Ireland's best kept town on the whole island of Ireland and deservedly so!
There is a Playground in Kenmare. This is only a 5 minute walk from these holiday homes.
Killarney is a 40 minute drive and Cork City is just over an hour's drive.
DINING & NIGHTLIFE
The town of Kenmare, noted for having the cleanest air in Europe, is a mecca for some of the finest restaurants in Ireland. You really will be spoilt for choice when it comes to dining out, from bar food to seafood and a range of other types of excellent restaurants to experience. The nightlife in Kenmare suits all ages and the hospitality with which you will be greeted is second to none. There is a great selection of pubs and late night bars to choose from with many featuring live music from traditional Irish to rock and modern styles.
PLEASE PRE-BOOK WITH LYNN ON 087 9573949