Hi I'm Marco,
Thanks for visiting my page and I hope you're well.
After taking 8 months to give this property a significant upgrade I'm finally ready to start hosting again!
I'd like to start by telling you a bit about the place. Firstly, this double bedroom is quiet, clean and comfortable. It's up on the second floor with access to high speed wifi. The duvet sheets are made from Egyptian cotton. The duvet is made from goose feather and down. The mattress is made from memory foam. So the bed is guaranteed to keep you warm, cosy and very comfortable indeed. The bed is perfect for 2 people so if you are travelling alone may I suggest the room next door? Just ask me for details. It'll work out cheaper for you too :-)
There is a brand new bathroom and shower room in the house. We can share both but if you’d prefer to have your own private bathroom just ask me for details.
The kitchen has a microwave, electric rings for cooking (no oven), and a table for dining.
We'd be sharing both the bathrooms and the kitchen (depending on availability or unless we agree otherwise).
Please check with me what the bathroom arrangements are before booking.
Now on to the location. I've lived in London for 20 years and can honestly say that we're based in one of the greatest spots in London. Fulham manages to strike the perfect balance between tranquillity and liveliness.
The property is a 5 minute walk from the nearest Zone 2 tube station, Fulham Broadway. There are exactly 10 buses you can catch between 1 and 3 minutes walk from the house. These are both daily and nightly buses that will take you all over London whilst giving you an opportunity to actually see it!
Piccadilly Circus, Knightsbridge (Harrods), Hyde Park Corner, Chelsea, Notting Hill Gate, Portobello Road, Waterloo (London Eye), Hammersmith, Ravenscourt Park and Victoria (Buckingham Palace) are just a handful of cool places these buses will take you. As a side note, I use a handy smartphone app called Bus Times every time I plan on taking the bus. It tells you how far any bus is from your nearest bus stop. Super handy.
Are you a football fan?
- Chelsea’s Stamford Bridge is a 9 min walk
- Fulham F.C.’s Craven Cottage is a 6 min drive
- QPR’s Loftus Road is a 15 min drive
- Arsenals’ Emirates Stadium is a 33 min drive
- Tottenham Hotspur's White Heart Lane is a 48 min drive
Are you a tennis fan?
- Wimbledon is a 15 drive
Another great feature here is that the property is easily accessible from all major airports. I’m fortunate to fly a fair amount so I want to make sure I waste no time at all in transit. I've listed the major airports in order of distance from the house and described my favourite way of getting to/from there:
- Heathrow (all terminals): cab for under £30. Door to door this will take 25 minutes. The underground is also an option though it will take twice as long and is less fun.
- Gatwick: there is a train between Clapham Junction station and Gatwick called the Southern Service. 25 minute journey will cost £11. Cab between Clapham Junction and home will take 10 minutes and will cost £8. You can also get the Overground train to West Brompton and then the Underground to Fulham Broadway. The house is then a 5 minute walk from Fulham Broadway Station.
- Stansted: bit far this one. You're looking at about 2 hours door to door. The least painful route with public transport would be Greater Anglia train from Stansted to Tottenham Hale, Victoria line train to Victoria, District line train to Fulham Broadway. This should cost no more than £25... otherwise 1 hour and 15 min by cab will cost £80 or thereabouts.
Luton: A little quicker than Stansted. About 1h15m in total. East Midlands Trains go from Luton to Kings Cross St. Pancras. You can get home from there with a Piccadilly line train to Earl's Court and then a District line train to Fulham Broadway. Total should come to £20.
And finally a quick note on money. If you have a credit card (or even a debit card) I would just go ahead and use that here in London when making your purchases. Check how much your bank charges for international use but shouldn't be too much more than £1 or so per transaction. Plus their exchange rates are good. If you prefer cash I would suggest Metro Bank. They are quick and have reasonably competitive rates. Although Mastercard's exchange rates may be better which means you may end up paying more to exchange your physical cash than you would by just paying for everything with your credit card in the first place. If you want more details on this just let me know and I'll take a closer look for you.
I hope this description has helped. Please send me a message if you have any questions.
I look forward to hearing from you.
p.s. Here are some handy distances from Fulham Broadway (nearest tube station)
Victoria 14 min
Science Museum (South Kensington) 15 min
Harrods (Knightsbridge) 15 min
Westfield Shopping Centre (Shepherds Bush) 16 min
Regent Street (Piccadilly Circus) 17 min
Oxford Street (Oxford Circus) 26 min
Big Ben (Westminster) 17 min
Natural History Museum (South Kensington) 18 min
Churchill War Rooms (Westminster) 22 min
London Eye (Westminster) 25 min
National Gallery (Embankment) 25 min
Buckingham Palace (St. James's Park) 26 min
British Museum (Holborn) 32 min
Imperial War Museum (Lambeth North) 33 min
Tower of London (Tower Hill) 35 min