About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
THIS VILLA IS AVAILABLE ALSO IN 6 SLEEPS VERSION, PLEASE CONTACT THE PROPERTY MANAGER.
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. Podere Gragnano is a beautiful stone house, the result of the renovation of an old 19th century farmhouse which has maintained the original layout and salvaged materials like the terracotta and the oak parquet floor; the former building has been restored showing the primary subdivision of space, with animal stalls below and living quarters above.The main villa is flanked by an annex of recent construction, but no less attractive, built according to the style and dictates of Tuscan tradition. The renovation works, completed in 2012, gave rise to a dream location with comfortable rooms, large exclusive living areas in the park with pool set among the olive trees, vineyards and unspoiled nature of an 80-hectare farm estate, dominated by the view of the countryside and of majestic Mount Cetona. All this just 5 minutes from Cetona with its services, shops and restaurants offering traditional, genuine cuisine and just a short distance away from the A1 Motorway of the Sun and the railway station of Chiusi. Its geographic location, close to the border with Umbria and Lazio, makes it easy for you to visit places rich in artistic and cultural heritage, such as Siena, Arezzo, Perugia and Orvieto, places offering excellent cuisine, like Pienza, Montalcino and Montepulciano, and the relaxing baths and spas of Chianciano Terme and San Casciano dei Bagni.
The property consists of two separate buildings. The main villa has two, internally connected floors, both with access from the garden. The entrance to the villa on the ground floor leads into a hallway, onto which opens a toilet, which leads to the kitchen which communicates with the dining room which, in turn, communicates with the sitting room and the pergola. In the entrance hall a travertine staircase leads up to the first floor consisting of a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with tub, a double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower, a twin bedroom with joinable beds and a further bathroom with shower. The annex has two floors as well but these are not internally connected. On the ground floor is a living room with dining area and kitchenette and two bedrooms, a double with queensize bed and ensuite bathroom with shower and a twin with joinable beds and ensuite bathroom with shower. An external staircase leads up to a little glassed-in loggia and then into the first floor with a twin bedroom with joinable beds and ensuite bathroom with shower.
The 1.5-hectare park of Podere Gragnano is characterized by large areas of plush lawn surrounding the house and pool, interrupted here and there by low hedges delimiting the areas and flanked along the perimeter by a small olive grove which then gives way to the lush vineyard of the estate in which the property stands. You can cook on the wood oven at your disposal in the pergola adjacent to the dining room, adorned with potted oleanders, which is set up for outdoor meals; you can sit in the charming, circular iron gazebo and just enjoy the peace of a garden full of herbs, cotoneaster, climbing roses, broom, hydrangeas and irisis, fig, peach and apricot trees and huge oaks. Not far from the pool, behind some olive trees, is a little brick house designed for children, consisting of two small rooms with games and tables. Two rows of cypress trees border the short gravel driveway leading from the automatic gate in wood and iron to the parking area with 4 covered parking spaces. Finally, next to the parking area is a laundry with a sink and a bathroom with toilet and shower.
Located in a quiet corner of the garden behind the house, about 40 metres away, the pool is reached along a stretch of lawn or, alternatively, down a short flight of steps. The rectangular pool has one infinity side, a stone border, Roman steps and internal lighting; it measures 6 x 12 m with the depth varying from 1 m to 2.20 m. The purification plant is both chlorine and oxygen; the pool is coated internally with a specific plaster for swimming pools. Sunbeds, deckchairs and a large umbrella are set out in the 1000 sq m grassy sunbathing area and 10 m from the pool is a brick bulding with small kitchen and changing room with shower and toilet. The pool is available from the last Saturday of April to the first Saturday of October.
Yes, small and medium sized € 30,00 per animal per week to be paid on site
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, french, german, spanish, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Feb 20, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Located near the medieval town of Cetona, right in the heart of southern Tuscany, the property is an excellent departure point for day trips to explore the beauty of southern Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. Cetona is very well served by fast roads such as the A1 motorway (the Chiusi-Chianciano exit is a 10 minute drive away) and the E45 highway which bring the most important towns of the three regions within easy reach. There are many areas of interest located just a few kilometres away such as Sarteano, San Casciano dei Bagni with its renowned thermal baths, the Etruscan town of Chiusi, Lake Trasimeno, Montepulciano and Cortona. The town is also served by the station of Chiusi Scalo with rail connections towards the major Italian cities.
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 700,00 € The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (electricity - water - gas for kitchen use) The price does not include: heating (on consumption up to date market prices)