About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. Just outside Città della Pieve, in the enchanting setting of the Umbrian hills, stands Pieve Mirabella, a delightful and welcoming stone house of recent construction in which the typical charm of a country home blends with modern comforts, creating an exclusive setting. In the elegant rooms reigns an intimate, homely atmosphere, given by the predominance of the pastel and cream colours of the furnishings and upholstery of quasi-Provençal flavour which, combined with floors in terracotta d'Este with oak wood inserts, marbles, ceilings with terracotta tiles made by local artisans, wooden beams and handmade wrought-iron furniture, adorn the rooms with elegant simplicity. Separated by brick arches that delimit the areas, the large bright rooms of the living area are resplendent with a particular beauty, with French doors leading out to the porch, to the garden and to the private swimming pool. From the house and from the lush garden a simply spectacular view unfolds before the lucky visitors and extends along the wooded slopes of Mount Cetona to the uneven rooftops of the old town centre, so clear as to be able to distinguish their details and so close that it seems you can touch them. Just 10 minutes away is Citta della Pieve, theatre in August of the folkloristic Palio dei Terzieri, an archery contest that evokes, in bloodless form, the old "Sienese hunts” and which is preceded by a procession of more than 700 players dressed in heavy medieval costumes. So, not only Umbria but also Tuscany, and especially the province of Siena, have influenced this locality which, thanks to the proximity of motorways and railway stations, will prove an ideal base for travelling through the two regions and visiting attractions such as Perugia, Orvieto, Assisi, Cortona, Montepulciano, Arezzo and many more still.
The villa has three, internally-connected floors, two of which with garden entrance. Under one of the two porches is the main entrance on the ground floor which leads into the open-plan living room, dining room (communicating with the second porch) and kitchen, a study, a double bedroom, a twin bedroom with joinable beds and two bathrooms, both with separate tub and shower. From the dining room a wooden staircase leads up to the first floor which consists of a double bedroom, another double bedroom with dividable bed and walk-in closet and a bathroom with shower. From the study on the ground floor a spiral staircase leads down to a dining room, a kitchen, a living room with outdoor access, a double bedroom, a bathroom with shower and the laundry room.
Set in a 2500 sq m park, the villa and pool are located on top of a small hillock with the garden blooming below in a blaze of hydrangeas, cypresses, laurel hedges, geraniums, bluebells, fragrant climbing plants, clumps of evergreen grasses and herbs, roses and succulents with a soft lawn crossed by gravel paths and a small vegetable garden, planted also with saffron. The true protaganists, however, are the olive trees; they are all around the house and adorn the subathing area and the two porches, one set up with table and chairs for outdoor dining and with a short flight of steps leading down to the wood oven. At the end of a small olive grove, with just a few trees, you come to a gazebo with seating area and panoramic terrace flanked by lights, potted lemons and romantic benches to sit and contemplate a landscape unique in the world. Two iron gates, one of which is automatic, lead to the parking area.
The pool, that will be finished in March, is located on the same level as the ground floor and is visible and easily accessible from the kitchen and dining room which face on to the porch, about 10 m away. Rectangular-shaped, it measures 5 x 10 m, with the depth ranging from 1,20 m to 1,40 m. It is lined in PVC, has chlorine purification, internal lights and Roman steps for access to the water. A short gravel path leads from the house to the 200 sq m lawned solarium area, protected by thick hedges and surrounded by roses, cypresses and young olive trees, provided with sunbeds, deckchairs, umbrella and outdoor cold-water shower and from which you can enjoy the view of the garden and surrounding landscape.
Yes. Small sized. € 30,00 per animal per week to be paid on site
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, french, german, spanish, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 13, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
This was the PERFECT location, villa, and owners to enjoy the beautiful, intriguing city of Citta della Pieve! Our party of 8 ranged in ages from 11 years-72 years and we all had a wonderful time. The views from the property were breathtaking, the villa was clean, comfortable, with all amenities and walking distance from town! The owners were most gracious and helpful - greeting us with lunch & wine, arranging for a truffle hunting expedition (and collecting the boots needed for 5 people), teaching us how to make pasta (to go with our truffles!), and availing themselves to phone calls and questions. Next time we go, we will spend two weeks instead of just one!! Loved every minute!!! :-)
Pieve Mirabella is located 1 km from Città della Pieve, a locality full of history, culture and tradition, and can be reached by car along the main road or on foot along a short path that leads to the villa from the town. Museums, monuments, cathedrals, churches and historic buildings such as the Cathedral of San Gervasio and San Protasio or the Palazzo della Corgna, the largest of the stately homes, enhance the old town centre which is spread out on the top of a hill and can be visited along tourist itineraries. Good cuisine and local products also play an important role as the area is, in fact, famous for the cultivation of saffron (ever since the thirteenth century) and for its wine, Colli del Trasimeno DOC, and olive oil, Colli Orvietani DOP. Città della Pieve contains all services and shops and its location makes it a convenient starting point for many places of interest, such as the Etruscan towns of southern Tuscany, Chiusi, Sarteano and Cetona, the splendid Umbrian towns of Orvieto, Perugia and Assisi, Lake Trasimeno and the Val d'Orcia, natural heritage without equal, and the famous spa resorts of San Casciano dei Bagni and Chianciano Terme. Fabro and Chiusi, both 20 minutes drive away, are connected to the A1 motorway while their railway stations are on the Rome – Florence line.
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 600,00 € The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (water - gas for kitchen use) The price does not include: electricity (on consumption up to date market prices) heating (on consumption up to date market prices)