|Space||1,001 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
A superbly located and spacious apartment in the heart of Baywater, set within a traditional white stucco building.
Moments from Paddington Station (just about the best transport links in London) and a stone throw away from Hyde Park. 2 bedrooms - both en-suite (1 with a bath!) and overlooking a private patio, the apartment also has a further toilet at the front of the property, a large dining area and an open plan kitchen and living space complete with a large double sofa bed.
Perfect for families, and professionals - this lovely apartment will provide a perfect escape the hustle and bustle of London with your own entrance, and an outside patio to enjoy
A Londoner through and through, I have lived in my host city for 13+ years. I've played tourist in my hometown for years and still spend much of my time exploring the endless sights, destinations, venues and features that this fabulous city has to offer.
I chose to live in Central London for the conveniences of having everything on my doorstep, but opt to get away for regular trips to other parts of the UK and Europe.
A Huge foody, I love to travel & try new things - You Only Live Once!
The apartment is large and has some basic amenities. But it looks like all the work was done on the cheap and no repairs are made. Some issues with the flat included:
• No written instructions for anything – not for the TV, the appliances, the heating system, the garbage collection, etc. Everything was trial and error
• The heat couldn’t be adjusted and it was set at barely comfortable
• Kitchen: the refrigerator was not defrosted…the freezer part was a solid block of ice…it was impossible to make ice cubes. The eating utensils were filthy…we had to wash all the utensils before we could use them. No sponge or brush for washing dishes; no paper towels; no salt shaker; no pepper. The hot and cold water handles are reversed.
• Bathrooms: burnt out light bulbs in both bathrooms; insufficient toilet paper; no soap (but lots of half-empty shampoo bottles)
• Master bedroom: dirty linens in the bottom drawer of the closet; uncomfortable bed; burnt-out light bulbs
Two of two showers in the place did not function properly. Mold behind master sink. Not enough linens or paper. Incredibly uncomfortable beds. Some furniture/drawers coming apart. The host stopped answering messages after the second complaint about the shower - the water would not turn off and a knob was missing. They would not allow us an early check-out or refund for this disastrous rental. (All three of our other UK rentals were excellent.)
Hyde Park is just a 6 minute walk away!
Paddington station (just a 7 minute walk from the property):
- Heathrow Express (just 15 minutes to Heathrow airport).
- Underground/Tube/Metro (Circle, Hammersmith & City, District, and Bakerloo lines).
- Secure luggage storage facility.
- National trains (Oxford, Reading, Bristol, Cardiff).
- Black taxi cab pick-up point.
Uber & Hailo taxi service area.
Deliveroo & Dinein food delivery service area.