About the property
- House5000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Bedrooms 4, Bathrooms 4, Sleeps 19
**Please contact us to confirm rates for more than 2 nights, as they may not calculate accurately.
**All reservations must meet all Booking Requirements
This 5-Star luxury oasis, only 40 minutes from Chicago, is a private, secluded, spa-quality, ultimate beachfront getaway right on the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Miller Beach Dream Retreat offers commanding views of Lake Michigan, unspoiled dunes, the Chicago skyline and is loaded with first-class amenities, top-of-the-line fixtures, appliances, furnishings, and a pro sand volleyball court. This year-round Beach Retreat is Indiana’s most luxurious vacation rental offering complete privacy.
MILLER BEACH, IN, is the closest beach-side community to Chicago, is a unique and growing artist community in NW Indiana full of:
* Shopping Destinations
* Fine Dining
* Miles of pristine beaches and nature trails
* Hundreds of attractions are located within 60 minutes: Casinos, Amusement/Water Parks, Golf, Antiquing, Wineries, Outlet Malls
* Close proximity to Chicago’s rich culture
DREAM RETREAT: MAIN HOUSE
* 4 bedrooms
* 4 bathrooms
* Full kitchen
* 2000sqft of outdoor living space
* Sleeps 13 in beds (including queen sofa pullout)
* Accommodates up to 19 (including high-rise deluxe aero-beds)
* Floorplan is functional with large gathering spaces for grand-scale entertaining and comfortable, cozy nooks for managed solitude.
* Unlike most rentals flanked on both sides by neighbors which offer no privacy, the Dream Retreat is 350 feet from our closest neighbor. It is located on a quiet, tree-lined, cul-de-sac street and corner lot. Daily maid service available upon request.
* Perfect for guest chefs or families to make meals together, this full-service kitchen opens to the two-story Great Room
* Dining service for 3* Bosch and Jenn-Air professional appliance suite includes double electric baking and convection microwave ovens, 36in gas roasting oven with six-sealed burners, warming oven, chimney hood, built-in Fridge with auto ice-maker, dishwasher,
* Custom, built-in wine center that features two separate Marvel cooling units for red wine and cold-temperature beverages as well as specialty glassware cabinets.
* Double-bowl farm sink with Grohe pull-out faucet, all small appliances, cookware, bakeware, flatware, glassware, barware, and supplies.
* Oversized island has a prep sink and seating for four guests.
* Keurig coffee station
MULTI LEVEL DECKS
* Overlooks the beautiful National Lakeshore, its unspoiled beaches, lush dune-scape, and the Chicago Skyline.
* 2000sqft of private and secluded outdoor living space
* Five multi-level decks
* Several seating and dining areas including a conversation fire pit, bistro tables, cushioned chairs, loungers, hammock and swing.
* 8-person hot tub with LED lighting
* Heated outdoor shower
* Professional Napoleon gas grill
* Professional sand volley ball court set to women’s Olympic specifications.
* Experience the rustic-chic atmosphere of 28ft beamed, cathedral wood ceiling with studio lighting and five skylights
* Six large casement windows and patio doors open to the main deck
* Wood burning stove provides cozy ambiance, dancing flames, and warmth on those chilly nights
* Solid hickory dining table seats ten and banquet tables and chairs are also available.
* Chocolate leather sofa and matching club chairs complete the space.
* Inviting wrap-around balcony overlooks the Great Room and is one of the most popular gathering places
* Conveniently opens to the multi-level decks and has an 18ft wall of windows to showcase panoramic views.
* Lounge on the leather sectional or perch in the parakeet chair while viewing the 50in HDTV with Blu-Ray DVD and Dolby 5.1 surround sound
* Play poker or games on the professional table
* Stream music inside and out with the Yamaha and Jamo high-fidelity sound system.
The REC ROOM is designed for fun and features:
* A Queen Anne Foosball table
* Walk-in wet bar with counter space for ten, refrigerator, Kohler sink and faucet, and back-light bar shelves
* TV viewing area has a coffee leather queen sofa-bed and club chairs
* A 55in digital cable HDTV with Dolby 5.1 surround sound
* A library with over 200 DVDs and 200 CDs.
* A lavish Master Suite
* Two queen bedrooms
* A Bunk Room which sleeps five and has one twin XL over queen plus a twin over twin bunk
* One queen sofa bed
* Several high-rise, self-inflating/deflating Aerobeds with built-in headboards are available. Guests love the convenience and simplicity of putting them wherever and whenever.
* All bedrooms offer high thread-count linens, comforters and pillows
* Ceiling fans or stand fans
* Digital cable HDTVs with DVD players
* Ample closet space with hangers, full length mirrors, dressers, and nightstands with lamps.
* 1200 sqft
* Double 9ft patio doors open to wrap-around decks with amazing lake views, table seating, and built-in bench which
* Views of spectacular sun rises over the dune-scape, Lake Michigan, and the Chicago skyline
* Sky lit cathedral ceilings and Juliette balcony with French doors overlooking the Entertainment Loft and Great Room below
* A premium queen sized Stearns & Foster bed is centered to maximum views of surrounding nature.
* 60in Smart HDTV with digital cable and Roku for movie and music streaming.
* Adjacent is the 10ft by 8ft Master Closet with skylights, window, and raised loft area
En-suite MASTER BATH
* Custom-designed spa sanctuary with commercial-grade fixtures
* Kohler steam shower with seating for two persons, a eucalyptus oil reservoirs for steam-aroma therapy, and temperature-controlled, Grohe rain fall shower head and hand-held massaging shower
* Dry-Cedar Sauna with benches for two persons to lie down, digital controls, and cedar enclosed walls and ceiling
* The two-person peninsula jetted-tub has artic white tile and 12 air-controlled jets. Dimmable LED chandelier lighting sets the perfect ambiance for your break from reality
* Separate vanities with custom mirrors and Grohe faucets as well as a separate WC room
BATHROOMS (4 total):
* Custom vanities and mirrors
* Kohler sinks
* Grohe faucets
* Rainfall shower heads
* Fluffy towels
* Bath mats
* Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tissues
* Hair dryers
* Driveway parking for 6 vehicles
* Two mega-capacity laundry units which use pureWash Pro Activated Oxygen (Ozone) to clean and sanitize. They do not require detergent, bleach, fabric softener, or hot water.
* 7 HDTVs with DVD players
* Supplies including soaps, paper towels, tissue, trash bags, etc.
* 8 Mitsubishi AC wall units and heated by a Buderus radiant heat boiler with five thermostatic zones for customized comfort.
* We are also dog-friendly and allow up to four (4) adult, house-trained dogs: $79/dog, $29/night or $200/week
* 2 night minimum.
* Observed Holidays require a three night minimum and Holiday Premium may apply
* Licensee must be at least 30 years of age.
* Additional Fee for more than 13 guests: $50/person (one-time) use and occupancy fee (over the age of 2).
* Occupancy Limit: The Dream Retreat Main House accommodates up to 19 guests.
* Onsite Parking available for 6, Overflow parking located 5 minutes from house
* No high school, prom, college, bachelor parties or similar groups, or underage groups are permitted.
* No commercial or retail entities or third-party service providers (e.g., catering companies, DJ’s, VJ’s, rental equipment companies, etc.).
* No illegal, dangerous, or non-family oriented activities of any kind are permitted on the Premises (e.g., underage drinking, illegal narcotics, strippers, beach fires, fireworks, etc.).
* Care for the Premises with all due care, leave it undamaged, clean, and keep conditions safe throughout your stay.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 22, 2018
As an Engineer and General Contractor, I have a passion for designing and building luxury smart homes. Being from a large family, I create spaces to accommodate large families and groups who want to celebrate, entertain, and relax. My wife is an accomplished Interior Designer and Event Planner whose work has been published by Martha Stewart and Vogue Magazine and loves to furnish inviting spaces, ensuring that all the details and creature-comforts are attended to. We are proud to call the Dream Retreat home and enjoy our private oasis, where we can escape from it all.
Why Hilary chose Gary
Miller Beach Dream Retreat was conceptualized in 2005 and meticulously designed, built, and furnished for the sole purpose of entertaining large groups and beachfront relaxation. We are in the memory-making business and have hosted thousands since 2007. Completed in 2007, the Miller Beach Dream Retreat Main House is 5000 sq.ft. and has six half-levels (Level 1 through 6 with six steps between each). 2000 sq.ft. of outdoor living space are multi-level decks with amazing views and amenities. After staying in many properties around the globe, we have defined luxury vacation rental. Views from the Dream Retreat to the North and East are pure nature: Lake Michigan and rolling dunes. To the Northwest, see the unmistakable Chicago skyline. Follow the nature trail through a sliver of Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore to the semi-private, sugar-sand beach, wade onto the 150ft sand bar, swim in the crystal clear water. Enjoy no rocks, muck, or algae.
What makes this House unique
Unlike most beachfront rentals that are flanked on both sides by noisy, nosy neighbors and offer little to no privacy, the Miller Beach Dream Retreat was built to be private and secluded. We are located on a quiet, tree-lined cul-de-sac street on a corner lot and 350 feet from our closest neighbor. Our backyard and beach IS the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. This little slice of paradise contains one of the most diverse ecosystems in the entire national park system. It is world famous for the Karner Blue butterfly and has over 369 species of flowering plants and cacti. The first manned-glider ride, preceding the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk, occurred on historic Chanute Hill (200ft from our rear deck) in 1896 by Octave Chanute. The Aquatorium, a half-mile walk on a nature trail, contains both the Chanute and Tuskegee Airmen Museums. Our guest list is confidential, but includes A-list celebrities, professional sports stars, and noted journalists.
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:30 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
This is a retreat place, calm, family friendly home with great outdoors. Loved the board games, books, hot tub. It was perfect for our small family reunion.
Gerard: We are happy that your family reunion was such a success at our Miller Beach Dream Retreat! We specialize in multi-generational family reunions and are in the memory-making business. We have hosted over 200 since 2007! We hope to see you same time next year!
Both the owners and the rental management team members were very kind and helpful to us.
The house speaks for itself with the photos listed. Thank you for sharing this home with our family!
Definitely worth booking right now
This house delivered In so many ways. The house was a very short walk to Lake Michigan. So many places to sleep. The volleyball court, hot tube, and fire were great additions. Would highly recommend staying here.
Thank you for having your friend's getaway at the Dream Retreat! The weather turned out to be perfect for the beach and sand volleyball. You took very good care of our home and are welcome back anytime!
Dream Retreat?...more like a NIGHTMARE!
PROS: Amazing upscale master suite. Inviting, spacious kitchen.
CONS: Owner (Hilary) didn’t meet us at house - sent new employee with lack of knowledge of property. Dishwasher broken – repairman coming next day. Hot tub not working- repairman attempting to fix. Noticed 1 of 4 queen bedrooms was a bedroom with 2 sets of BUNKBEDS. They call it a queen bedroom since 1 bunk has a queen mattress. On VRBO/HOMEAWAY, this was the only bedroom not pictured. Owners updated this after our stay.
Hot tub repairman was owner, Jim. He said still not working, returning next day with parts. We told him we weren’t happy. Jim didn’t want to discuss the hot tub, dishwasher, or any concerns. Jim shouted, “How about I give you your money back and you leave right now!” We asked for a discount. He said he’d think about it.
Broken living room chair
Broken bathroom towel bar
Smoke detector hanging from ceiling
Half painted ceiling in bedroom
Plywood above head in bunkbed
Huge cracks in bathroom tiles
Dirty bathroom molding
Unfinished bedroom balcony flooring
2 broken loft chairs
Basement refrigerator not ready to use
Dingy bathtub shower curtains
House was VERY dirty. Jim says in review “Our professional maid staff has their cleaning of our home down to a science.” Former professional house cleaner from our group stated if she cleaned like this, she would be fired. Cobwebs, dust, and dirt found everywhere. Their staff does NOT have it ‘down to a science’.
Previous guest complained about the unsafe location. Jim gave a list of peoples’ occupations who live on the block. I don’t care who lives there…I wouldn’t suggest going beyond the beach area.
During our stay, the attached Cottage House was rented to other guests. Owners cannot control these guests, but do control the house design. Beware...we heard everything from these guests.
Previously, I’d inquired about golfing locations. Hilary’s rude answer was, “…Google it”.
Dishwasher and hot tub were repaired. No hot tub cover-told to use a tarp & 7 bricks. I again requested a discount/refund- Hilary denied it & suggested late check-out. Considering it an insult, we turned it down.
Based on other reviews, Jim has difficulty receiving negative feedback. He repeatedly makes excuses, will not take responsibility for any issues, and will deflect the issue onto someone/something else.
When returning home, I emailed Hilary, stating we deserved some sort of refund. Still no response.
My family enjoyed our stay! But there was some minor things that we did not like.
For the most part the home was beautiful and our family enjoyed our Easter weekend there. But I did run into some slight problems. The kitchen area had ants everywhere so before we could start cooking we had to go out and buy ant spray. The home was not as clean as we had hoped. The pots and pans in the cabinets still had crusted up food on them,the fridge crevices on the inside were filthy. Also we found swept up trash in the closets. Im not taking away from the home but all those things make a difference when your staying there. You dont want to find trash or items and tags left from the previous renters!
While we are glad that Taleesha enjoyed her stay, we did not appreciate the unclean state in which she left our home after departure. In fact, our maids had to perform a two-day deep cleaning immediately after to restore our home to its previous condition. Taleesha’s review was most likely in direct response to deductions for leaving our Dream Retreat and outdoor 8-person hot tub in a filthy and unsanitary state.
1. Our maids have a 250 point cleaning check list of items that must be signed off on to meet our high standards. This was completed.
2. My wife Hilary, an Interior Designer and stickler for cleanliness and details, has done hundreds of quality control inspections one hour prior to EVERY guest arrival to ensure that everything is 100% perfect. This time was no different. We are in the memory-making business and want our guests to have an incredible experience from the start.
3. My wife personally greeted Taleesha upon arrival and toured the entire Dream Retreat and grounds with her answering questions along the way. No mention of any of her issues were brought up. Instead, Taleesha said the home “was beautiful and perfect for her Easter weekend”.
4. We always follow-up with a phone call and text the next day after check-in to see how everything is going, to answer more questions, and to make sure that that there are no issues to address. Again, no mention of any of her issues were brought up. She said “everything is great!”
5. We strive for continuous improvement and provide an Exit Survey to allow guests to rate their experience with us. She wrote that “her expectations were met” and she would “stay with us again!”
Since 2007, we have hosted thousands of satisfied guests from all over the world to celebrate their special occasions. We are passionate about what we do and offer an unsurpassed vacation rental experience.
Stunning setting, stunning house
We spent a week at the dream retreat with my extended family, for a family reunion of sorts. It was a great week, from the first moments coming into the house, getting a tour with the owner, to the amazing sunrises and sunsets from the hot tub, to the sound of the wind howling and waves crashing on the shorline.
The house is an amazing piece midwest architecture, with amazing natural light, seclusion, and the beds on different levels. We loved using their tablet directory to map out our hiking and beach walks and find great restaurants, shopping, and fun things to do in the area.
Jim and his wife are kind and amazing people who went above and beyond to make sure everything was great. Thanks so much!
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you got some use out of our new interactive, digital "welcome binders". We just started offering these to our guests as an alternative to a boring, static paper binder. We will continue to add content based on guest feedback. Thanks again!
Very Truly Yours,
Custom built in 2009, the secluded Dream Retreat will help you escape from it all. Retreat is situated on a cul-de-sac street (no traffic) and corner lot (only house on the corner) and the closest neighbor is 350 feet away. Completely private compound (6' & 8' privacy fences). Pro-Sand Beach Volley ball court set to Womany's Olympic specs. (Peak Season only). Entire North (lakeside) and East are Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Hear nothing except the songs of birds, breeze, and waves slapping against the Lake Michigan shoreline. See the Chicago Skyline from the upper decks. Because of our unique location, only a tiny sliver of National Park Dunes separates us (sand & asphalt trail) from the best semi-private sugar-sand beach on Lake Michigan. We are 3 blocks from Lake Street Beach boat launch (seasonal) for water toys, jet-skis, small boats, sailboats, etc. We personally greet each guest at check-in, give a brief tour, answer questions, and provide a binder full of fun and useful info for attractions, dining, shopping, etc. in and around centrally-located Miller Beach, IN. All attractions are within a 45 minute drive or train ride and offer something for everyone. Shoppers and gamers paradise. grocery stores, factory Outlet mall with 120 stores, South Lake two-story mall, candy factory tours, fine/casual Dining, EZ train to Chicago: (Loop, “Magnificent Mile” shopping, museums, convention center, airports), water parks, amusement parks, Amish Country, scenic drives, Fall foilage tours, flea markets, National Park hiking/biking trails and classroom discussions, winery tours, Casinos (10 min to Trump, Ameristar, Majestic, and Horseshoe; 30 min to Blue Chip), golf, marinas, and Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore world famous West Side Beach. Golf: 19 courses withing a 30 mile radius--contact information provided in binder at check-in. Ski: FourLakes Apline Snowsports is in Lisle, IL approx 60 miles from the Retreat and offer a wide variety of terrain, slopes, lessons, and fun for people of all ages.