|Space||2,200 sq. ft.|
There will be plenty of time for fun and laughter when you arrive, but right now you want to make a good decision that will meet your needs. Instead of trying to ‘sell’ you on our rental, we will simply be delighted if we meet your needs and expectations. Let’s then move forward to having you as one of our guests. Here is OUR Top Ten List:
10. RATES - We are all very much aware of the financially challenging times in which we live. I use to think that no matter how bad times got people will still take their vacation. That is just not true this time around. Inquiries are way down. The only thing I know to do is to make sure I have the lowest rental rates. I have checked and rechecked my competition to make sure I have the lowest price. Now I need your help. It will not do any good to say ‘my budget is such and such, will you give me a 10 per cent discount or $100 off’. If you want a lower price, you must do your homework. Email me the lower price you find and the web link. I need to make sure we are comparing apples to apples. Expect to be rewarded for your efforts with a lower rate than the one you found.
9. PICTURES - Our website has sixteen photos. That is the limit VRBO allows. Whomever coined the phrase ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ was a wise person. VERY IMPORTANT! CLICK ON VIDEO LINK ABOVE FIRST PICTURE UPPER LEFT OF THIS WEB PAGE. THIS HELPS TO TIE IN ALL SIXTEEN STILL PHOTOS.
8. FURNISHINGS - My wife and I live in Davidson, N.C., outside of Charlotte. Our home is beautifully decorated and our guests always love to look around. You can tell from their faces that they are somewhat in awe (my wife cooks too!) We both know the value of quality furnishing. We were speechless when we first walked into this villa. How could an owner rent out such a tastefully decorated home? It would be like renting out the Biltmore Estate.
7. GOLF - (Skip to # 6 if this is not on your radar) My office wall has two certificates prominently displayed for TWO holes-in-one! My words are not those of a novice: directly behind this villa are FOUR of the finest golf courses in this area of South Carolina. Each course was designed by the best names in the business: Pete Dye, Greg Norman, Davis Love III, and Tom Fazio. Should this not be enough to get your heart racing, consider that there are more then 100 golf courses less than an hour away.
6. YACHTS - Those of you who are blessed enough to be pulling up to our villa in a yacht, there is nothing to say here that you do not already know. How wonderful is it to be sitting on ‘your’ balcony looking down on your boat.
5. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION - You have heard the phrase from every Realtor you know - enough said. You are located one half mile to the beach, on the Inland Waterway, next to SC’s largest swimming pool, steps from Barefoot Landing’s Shopping/Eating/Entertainment Complex, and have four golf courses you can walk to out your back door. If you know of a better location than this, please let me know-I’m selling and moving there.
4. HOUSEKEEPING - We have the absolute best housekeeper there is! No one wants to begin their vacation by walking into a dirty place. You will be given the cell phone number of our housekeeper. If you open the door and find the appearance and cleanliness not up to your high standards, please call him, and he will be there immediately to make you happy.
3. LOCKS - Strange thing to put on this list, isn’t it? The locks on this villa are Schlage, the best available. This model in particular is very high tech. The combination numbers will be easy for you to remember, because they are the last four digits of your home phone number.
2. COMMENTS - No owner of a villa in this location could resist embellishing the description of their property. Let me assure you that if there was a club for us, my fellow owners would elect me President. The best source of an honest evaluation of a rental property is from the guests that have stayed there. After reading this, please scroll down to the past guest comments before you do anything else.
1. MISCELLANEOUS - WIRELESS HIGH SPEED INTERNET at your finger tips. There is a lot of additional information to email you and standing by to answer any particular questions you might have. In the additional information I will emailing you various web addresses of other owners. You will learn a lot from their websites while you are comparing prices. Moving to the next step is easy. Just fill our the adjacant form and click 'Email Owner' and I'll take it from there. Before emailing us check the calendar to see about availability for the dates you want and carefully read about the rental rates. The rates are current(NOT subjected to change), and there is a section of 'fine print'.
HIGHLIGHTS IN REVIEW: 1)If you are requesting a lower price than our posted rate, then we need the web link to the lower priced one you are considering. 2)Check calendar for availability before submitting an inquiry. 3)Review the 16 pictures and video. 4)Read comments by past guests. 5)Thank you so much for considering our place.
I usually respond to an inquiry within 24 hours of receipt. If you haven't heard from me within that frame period, check the calendar for availability. I usually don't respond if we don't have availability. Next try your spam. Sometimes I get caught there. Last but not least call me at 704-896-1995 (Peter)
ONCE YOU SUBMIT AN INQUIRY, YOUR FIRST COMMUNICATION WILL COME FROM VRBO/HOMEAWAY. VERY IMPORTANT TO READ IT CAREFULLY ESPECIALLY IN REGARD TO SECURITY.
My name is Peter Cole, and I am the owner’s representative. I went to the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, VA. Presently live in Davidson, just outside of Charlotte, NC. I wear many hats: an oceanfront, resort, rental condo owner; property manager; rental agent; dog tender (That is Mazie in the picture. Spends most of her day on the rug by me at my desk.) and my favorite; loving husband to the beautiful woman in the picture with me. As a Medicare card carrying senior, I look back over a full life. My chosen life ‘occupation’ (my Mother could never bring herself to call it a 'job') was to take teens on a cross country camping trip; 3000 teens in all, spanning 33 years. My nephew, Doug Gill, slipped into my shoes as I stepped into my retirement. Now he has passed it on to Sassy Smyth. Curious? Do a google search, 'tctw'.
My friends and relatives worried about my having too much time on my hands in retirement so they gave me their resort properties to manage. My reputation as a good manager/agent grew. Now 12 properties fill my stable. It was 1967 when I took ownership of my first rental property. In the years since, I have bought and sold 11. I come to you with a lot of experience. I do not take lightly the importance of your vacation. I want to match your needs with the properties I represent. There are 24 pictures, a video and lots of verbiage. I am here to answer all your questions.
Peter Cole purchased this condo in 2005
South Carolina's largest swimming pool is at your finger tips. Watch boats go up and down the Intercoastal Waterway and your wife shopping at Barefoot Landing from 'your'/our balcony. There is a free shuttle to the beach (mile away).
I am Peter Cole, the owner's representative. Owners of rental property (and myself included) on their web sites can pretty much embelish to their heart's content. I would take what an owner says about his property with a grain of salt. Absolutely that would be true in MY case. Guest comments are far more important. They are NOT trying to get in your wallet. You can take what they say to the bank!
We stay at the Yacht Club every year but this was the first time we stayed at this unit. Absolutely loved it, it was clean, everything worked, beds were comfortable, furniture was comfy.....just loved it. The four bedrooms were perfect for our family of five. Peter was awesome and easy to work with and the unit had everything you need. Will be planning our getaway here for next summer soon :)
Hubby and I have stayed in this condo 2 times--the last 2 times we were at Myrtle Beach. We will probably stay there the next time, too. I can't imagine anyone easier to work with than Peter and Vince. The condo has it all, in my opinion.
This condo was very clean and has a lot of space. Would definitely stay here again and is highly recommended. We definitely enjoyed our stay and I just want to say thank you!!!!
My wife and I have travelled extensively. Most of the time, we choose all-inclusive resorts. But, this was a family vacation so we had to keep it a little more practical. This condo offered as much as any resort we have visited. The Master Bedroom is MASSIVE. My dealings with Peter were always enjoyable and informative. The property is EXACTLY as he has represented it to be. Everything is clean and well maintained. The kitchen has every item you could possibly expect it to have. (Hey Peter - you need a rolling pin by the way - ha ha). The pool is a short walk. The shuttle ride to the beach was on-time. There was not one thing I would have changed about this property. I want to thank Peter and the owner for sharing this property with my family and I for the week. Rest assured, we will be back!
Let me start by saying, If you do do your homework Peter is a man of his word and will give the discount. Peter is without a doubt the BEST to work with in every aspect. The condo was spacious, clean, nicely decorated, and had everything you have at home. The view of the pool, the intercoastal waterway, and barefoot was great. It was nice to be able to walk to the bar and restaurant Dockers. The pool and the hot tub were the nicest we have been too in MB and the cleanest. You will never have to go beyond highway 17 to get everything you need. Barefoot has plenty of good restaurants and gift shops. Grocery and Pharmacies are next to the resort. Played the Dye course and it is a beautiful but challenging course. The entire family loved the condo. WE WILL BE BACK.
My family and I just finished a weeks vacation and used this condo at Myrtle Beach. I will highly recommend it to any family who wants to stay there. The condo itself is very nice and we found it in great shape when we arrived. Each bedroom had access to a full bathroom. The swimming pool was great and the condo was located close to a grocery store and pharmacy. We have already decided to stay there again on our next trip to Myrtle Beach.
As you are sitting there on the balcony, favorite drink in hand, you are overlooking boats coming up and down the Inland Waterway. Wouldn't it be cool if your boat was down at the dock? (Should that be case; call me ASAP. I'll be right down, and you will be getting a discount in your rental rate to boot) Every once and awhile look down and see if you see the kids at the pool. It will take you a minute or two or three. Your eyes have to cover a lot of space. It is, in fact, the largest swimming pool in South Carolina you know. Is that your wife you hear yelling? Her arms are a waving from across the waterway over at Barefoot Landing. No, it is the woman next to your wife who is waving. The woman your wife had to persuade to wave as she yells because she's holding all of her purchases. Thank goodness you did not pay dip in rent, so you can smile and wave back. Be forewarned she hasn't gone yet to just down the road to the Outlet Shopping and the Shopping Mall. Life is good.