|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
It's located near city, but if you like nature you have a forest you can take a walk in, located at a 10 minute walk to the left, just having crossed the metro tracks, facing Tallkrogen centre. You can walk, jog and enjoy the fresh air here!
The Captain’s Cabin is the brand new lower extension of this lovely Tallkrogen house. Originally it was a house in two levels, however, we have divided it into two separate levels to attend the guest’s demand – the upper – The Sun Deck - and the lower – The Captain’s Cabin. The Captain’s Cabin derives its name from the white walls, the brand new and fresh wooden floors, white tubing, cozy corridors, neat and functional kitchen – all reminiscent of a real Cabin on a cross-Atlantic cruiser from the late 19th century...
When renting the Captain’s Cabin – lower level - you will find:
Two separate rooms – one for the ”Captain and his wife” and another one for two ”crew members” – this translates into two rooms, about 12 and 10 square meters in size. Both rooms are furnished with cupboards that can take clothes for two people each, a working desk and in the smallest room a book shelf as well, whereas the larger room has a side table by the bed.
In the kitchen there is a big white table and five white chairs. There is a stove, oven, micro wave oven, coffee cooker, water boiler, TV on the wall and all necessary kitchen utensils. The kitchen is large enough so that it works as combined conference dining room/living room for the ”captain and his crew”, for nights hanging out evaluating the next destination over a cup of tea, or sharing a delicious ocean trout together for a memorable meal among the best of friends...
In the bath room there is a separate shower and a bathtub with a shower, so that several “crew members” could prepare for the day at the same time, should the need arise due to a shortage of time etc. There is also a washing sink, a normal sink for washing clothes and a clothes rack – for drying clothes – thus there is plenty of space for everybody to wash and take care of personal hygiene. A big cupboard makes sure everybody in the “crew” gets enough space for his toothpaste and personal hygiene belongings. Off course, in this cupboard you will also find the compulsory hair dryer!
In “the Island” – the backyard - there is an apple tree and some other fruit trees. There is also a barbecue, a wooden sofa and some chairs so that the “Captain and his crew” can sit here, relax and enjoy life, especially during summer and spring – even autumn if the weather so allows.
The house is located at a 4-5 minute walk from the Metro station Tallkrogen on the green line. It will take you to the city in 15 mins. Tallkrogen is located closely to Nynäsvägen, which takes you to Farsta,Nynäshamn, Västerhaninge quickly (15, 60, 30 mins respectively by car), or to Stockholm city by car in about 10 mins (no rush hour!). Tallkrogen is located 5 mins by car from the new Globen Arena shopping, hotel and arena centre by car you can find most things you need here. By metro you change at Gullmarsplan and go to Globen, or you can walk from Gullmarsplan approximately 15 mins. You can park at the entrance gateway of the house for free.
For nature lovers there are lots of minor forests in the neighborhood – on foot walking towards the neighboring communities of Gubbängen and Svedmyra. Tallkrogen itself is also picturesque for evening walks with lots of multi colored beautiful Swedish villas!
For shopping you have Tallkrogen Centre and the metro at a 4-5 five minute walking distance – there you have ICA which is open 9-21.00 every day, a pizzeria, an animal food store and some other minor stores that will satisfy the most essential survival needs – for more advanced purchases, Globen Centre is 10 minutes away on the metro and the city center 15-20 mins, depending on rush hour traffic or not.
As a further bonus to your delightful stay in Stockholm, we would like to offer you a discount of 10% on the normal tuition price for language lessons and music lessons! Maybe you would like to sharpen your knowledge in playing classical piano, or the art of jazz improvisation. Why not Latin jazz piano or playing blues improvisation at the guitar?
The languages taught are Russian, German, Portuguese, French, Italian, Spanish, English and Swedish - this last a must for those staying for a long time in Sweden!
INCLUDES: bedlinen, towels, electricity, wi-fi, water, hot water, hairdryer and all utilities you need in a home.
The minimum stay is 3 nights, but you can always ask us if we have a gap in our booking calendar for 1 or 2 nights.
• We will like you to help recycle - bins with the corresponding goods are to be found underneath the kitchen sink. Wash plastic, glass etc. and dry them before you put them in these containers.
• We kindly ask you to always take of the shoes upon entering the apartment and put them on the designed area underneath the coat- and hat shelf.
• No voice and loud music after 10 p.m. and before 9 a.m.
• Lock both locks of the entry door before leaving the apartment and make sure you always have the house keys with you upon exiting, else you will get locked out!
• Don't filter hot water with the water filter, only cold water.
• Dry the floor in the bathroom after each shower and pull out the shower curtain so that it may dry and not get moldy.
• No parties
• No pets
• No smoking
• In the cleaning fee is only included normal check in and check out cleaning of the apartment, NOT daily house keeping - therefore it's your responsibility to make sure that you keep and leave the apartment tidy after you have been there.
• Failing to comply with the house rules implies an extra fee of 40 euros which will be deducted from your security deposit.
• We expect you to take good care of our property and that you don't bring or invite third party persons that are not registered in the reservation without asking us first, since this is not allowed. Additionally, all illegal practices are forbidden and any suspicion of such practices will be promptly reported to the authorities.
• Flat4Day advises but doesn't support the payment of the Security Deposit, thus, after the booking confirmation, you will be contacted with instructions to make the Security Deposit - it has to be paid in advance, not on arrival - which will be refunded within 7 days after check-out, if no damage is verified after our inspection, else a sum corresponding to the repair cost will be deducted from the total sum of the Security Deposit previously paid.
• After the booking confirmation we will provide you the contact of our local assistant, so you can arrange the arrival meeting and key delivery. We remind you that this is a private apartment, not an hotel, and therefore there is no reception, instead we will have our local assistant waiting for you on the agreed time. Thus, please, make sure to be there on time, else, after one hour of the agreed time, a late arrival fee of 100 SEK will be applied. After the second hour the late arrival fee will be of 50 SEK per hour. Please, note that late Check in after 22:00 is considered an extra service and therefore it implies the payment of a fee of 50 SEK per hour. For late Check in after 00:00 the fee will be of 100 SEK per hour. Fees are accumulative until a maximum of 200 SEK. All fees, having occurred, will be deducted from your security deposit, since it's considered a damage in our business logistics.
- The flat is booked only for you, you will not share the flat with anyone
- You will have a private bathroom
- The flat is on the ground floor
Tallkrogen T-bana (0.1km), :
Tallkrogen (0.3km), :
GubbÃ¤ngen T-bana (0.9km), :
Welcome to enjoy The Captain's Cabin, in the oasis of Tallkrogen, still just 15 minutes from the city center of Stockholm on the green line metro!
Additional fees to be charged upon arrival
Refundable Security Deposit: 250€
After you successfully submit your reservation request, you will receive an e-mail response from the home owner or property manager, within the next 24 hours. At this point, the full details of your confirmed reservation including the address of the property and the contact details of your local host will be shared with you through e-mail.
We hope you have a pleasant stay!