|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Tired of arriving at your vacation destination only to find:
• towels are missing and you just stepped out of the shower?
• the springs in the chair sink to the ground and you were hoping for a cozy read?
• the hot water is cold and you’re covered with sand and shells?
• the freon has drained dry in the air conditioning unit and it’s 99+ and sunny INside?
• the kitchen equipment you took camping exceeded what you find in the cabinets?
• the promised transportation doesn’t work and your feet are tired?
902 Bramble Reach, our “home away from home” offers:
• Freedom from the “oh, no” of disappointments mentioned above
• A cheerful, meticulously maintained, well equipped ocean cottage/crofter for families/friends looking for a quiet, relaxing, care-free vacation rental.
• Ocean views of South Beach off the front porch and widow’s deck and the peaceful warmth of the maritime forest as a backyard
• Hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, eclectic art work, colorful dinnerware, games, books, and more…..
• Main home with inverted floor plan: LOWER with 2 BRs (expansive master w/King, large bathroom including tub-shower, 2 sinks, lovely sitting room with 2 overstuffed chair, desk, windows and TV; 2nd BR w/2 twins, bath, TV), washer-dryer; UPPER with living/dining and kitchen, half bath, front porch, and tucked away TV room with game table
• Porta-crib and high chair for your little one.
• Kitchen well equipped with spices, griddle, hot pot holders, pizza pan, cook books and other items to enjoy during your stay.
• Crofter with LOWER main floor sitting room including comfortable day bed, trundle, and twin sleeper sofa, TV, and full bath; UPPER Master w/King bed, overstuffed chair, lots of windows and gorgeous views
• Outdoor patio off the beaten path with gas grill and enclosed roomy shower
• TWO GOLF CARTS available: 6 person golf cart and 4 person golf cart with year round maintenance agreements
• 4 beach chairs, 2 boogie boards
• Experienced, private, caring housekeeper whose goal it is to help us insure that your rental is of gold standard quality
• South Beach just a 3 minute walk across the street, East Beach, Maritime Market, BHI Club with access to golf, tennis and swimming pool and Shoal's Club each just a 5 minute golf cart ride
• 14 miles of running on the beach, roads for biking beneath trees in the forest or along the coast
• Temporary membership at Bald Head Island Club (SPORTS level w/opportunity for golfing, tennis, croquet, swimming, exercise room and fine dining) and/or Shoal's Club (w/pool, small exercise room, and fine dining) available to purchase.
* AT&T wireless in home.
Keywords: Beach House
Off South Beach Wynd AND very convenient, Quiet cul-de-sac within several hundred yards of beach walk to South Beach, Home and crofter afford comfortable space to gather with loved ones and escape for time alone
We have vacationed to BHI many times. This was our first stay in Merritt on Bramble. It was our favorite place we have stayed. The house is in a great location and was excellently maintained. My wife and I said we saw things there that we would like to do in our permanent home.
We loved the floor layout and each room was very nice, down to the details (i.e. granite work, bunk bed craftsmanship, etc.). The kitchen had very nice cookware and new higher end appliances. Very nice to prepare meals.
We had one maintenance type of issue that was resolved immediately.
Golf carts were in good running order, and finally, my 13 yr. old son felt like a king in the two story crofter on his own.
I have stayed at this home many times with friends and family. It has always been comfortable and accommodated us very well but now with the kitchen and bath remodeling it is really lovely and very up to date. The kitchen has lovely granite countertops and backsplash and all new appliances. The baths are also lovely with new granite countertops and showers and a spacious new tub in the master bath. I can't wait to have my grandkids see the new bunk beds-one a full size and the other a twin. I appreciate the sturdy stairs leading to the top bunk. The crofter is the perfect retreat for me when the grandkids get noisy. The deck is a wonderful spot for my morning cup of coffee and an evening glass of wine. As always the house is well equipped with condiments and spices and cookware. There are lots and lots of puzzles, games and movies. We did a 550 piece Old Baldy puzzle on our last visit. The 2 golf carts give a lot of flexibility when the family wants to split up and do different activities. I love the location, close to the beach, Shoals Club and Conservancy.
My family of 5 including 3 teenagers recently stayed at Merritt on Bramble for the first time and our first time on BHI. Picking a place based on a website is tough but we lucked out with Merritt on Bramble. The home is located on the quiet south side of the island yet is a short cart ride away from the restaurants and activities of the harbor. My teenage son loved the crofter and spent the entire 2 weeks there. My wife and I enjoyed breakfast on the terrace overlooking a wonderful view of the ocean. The home provides 2 golf carts and with a very active family that was a godsend. The house was clean and as advertised. We had an issue with the upstairs A/C and it was fixed in 24 hrs. The repairman said they usually don't work on units in the afternoon but the boss pushed them to get to this one. I can only imagine what the owner of Merritt said to the boss to get them over so quickly. Well done. The home is literally a block away from a nice beach access, #32. The beach at this spot is very quiet and spacious with a little less wave action for little kids. If you want more waves its a short ride to East Beach. During our time there we even had a turtle hatching just off the beach path we used every day. Owner is very responsive and her agent/manager lives on the island so there is always someone you can call for assistance. They couldn't be more helpful. Washer/dryer work great. Plenty of pots, pans and utensils. Great ocean views, Usable bikes, 2 golf carts and even some boogie boards and beach chairs. Can't wait to go back.
We have stayed at several house on Bald head Island over the last 25 years and this is one of the best we have had. Well furnished and everything in good working order. An outstanding location to easiliy access all BHI has to offer!
My family has stayed at Merritt on Bramble multiple times and we have celebrated many birthdays and holidays there. Lots of wonderful memories!! It's a perfect location on the island, a quiet cul de sac, yet close to the conservancy and the Shoals Club,a 3 minute walk to the beach with a great view of the beach from the 2nd floor porch. It's very well equipped kitchenwise and the garage has 4 adult bikes (with helmets) and one darling little girls' bike that was perfect for my granddaughter. There are also beach chairs, boogie boards, etc. The 2 golf carts come in really handy when some want to climb Old Baldy while others want to go swimming at the Shoals Club. It's very nicely decorated and comfortable. If by chance it storms while you're there there are tons of books, DVDs, games and puzzles to keep you from being bored. The master bedroom and bath are really spacious and the crofter is perfect for grandma to go and have some quiet time away from the kids but would also be great for teenagers. We will definitely return. I really recommend all the activities at the conservancy. We did touch tank, crabbing, reptile roundup and kids' fishing, this time. We've previously done bird watching, turtle walk and Bald Head at night. All are excellent.
We have been to BHI every year for the past 6 years. This year, we decided to go to BHI with another family. We selected Merritt because we saw the game room for the kids, deck for the grown ups, and crofter for one family to make space away from the main house (this would also be a great place for teenagers to sleep). We knew the area of BHI and knew this location is one of the best in terms of Shoals, beach, and market access. Merritt exceeded our expectations. Kitchen was better stocked than any rental we have ever stayed in...even with some spices! Lots of games, puzzles. Two golf carts, bikes, boogie boards, chairs...enough for 4 adults and 3 kids EASILY! The house is on a court so the kids enjoyed playing out front on bikes, scooters etc while we watched them and the sea from our deck above. The owner was great with communications...got right back to you with any questions. No worries there. Only need to walk across the street to the beautiful beach. It's like it is ocean front without the added cost! We'll be back!
Three bikes ALL for PAVED road use only......AS IS condition;
Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 17 2016 - May 5 2017
3 night minimum stay
May 6 2017 - Jun 9 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jun 10 2017 - Aug 25 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|departure cleaning||$225 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$400|
Contracts AND Payment/Security Refund managed by privately hired accountant. NO associated FEES.
HIGH SEASON RENTAL = SATURDAY to SATURDAY, arrival and departure; Departure clean/management fee $225.00, Temporary Club Membership available to PURCHASE BHI $260/wk hi season & Shoal's $180/wk for 2016 (2017 pending) .
MONTHLY rate available October 2016 through April 2017 (SAVE 12.75% TAX if > 90 days)
Personal or Cashier Check OR Bank Transfer OR Wired payment (no credit cards)
•IF >> 45 days to arrival: Deposit and half of total rental required to reserve, remaining amount due 45 days prior to arrival.
*IF << 45 days to arrival, 100% of "TOTAL DUE" must be paid to reserve
*Encourage traveler's insurance
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.