|Space||3,000 sq. ft.|
Grandview - Completed in September 2007, is a vacation home on Great Guana Cay and features dramatic ocean and seaside views. This 3 bedroom home has 3 full baths and comfortably sleeps 9-12 guests. The home has 3 floors with the 3rd being an open deck with beautiful Atlantic and Sea of Abaco views. You can see Marsh Harbor, Treasure Cay and all of Guana from the deck.
Grandview features one king, two queens and three twin beds. Grandview offers air conditioning and ceiling fans throughout, satellite TV/DVD/CD and a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and ice maker. This professionally decorated home has a Vonage phone, wifi connectivity, washer and dryer, dishwasher and a backup generator for those few and unexpected occasions when the power is out.
Grandview is located 50 yards back of Nipper’s Beach, which has been chosen as one of the top ten beaches in the world! The third largest reef in the world is located directly in front of Grandview, just yards from the shoreline. We are located close enough to the settlement that you do not need a golf cart, but rentals are available on the island.
Grandview can be rented as a one, two or three bedroom house to fit in any budget and offers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Just call for details!
Keywords: House, Beach House, Water Front, New, Great View, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Bedrooms
Lori and I have been sailing the Abaco's for many years and always wanted to come back to Guana Cay. After having 3 wonderful children, we decided we would build our house on one of the prettiest beaches we had ever seen. We have had a wonderful time planning and building our vacation dream house, and really enjoy sharing it with others. We have made many friends and would like to invite you to share our house during your next vacation. Give either of us a call with any questions about Guana Cay or our house. We love to talk about the Bahamas.
Greg & Lori Turton Cordele, GA
Greg Turton purchased this house in 2007
One of a few houses that provides a washer and dryer
Awesome week! So aptly named Grandview! Went snorkling at Fowl Cay, had dinner at Docksider's and hung out at Grabber's and Nipper's. Everywhere we made new friends. Thankd you for the memories and your wonderful hospitality!
I had high expectations for my stay at Grandview and they were ALL exceeded. The property is brand new and had everything we needed. It is very clean and very, very comfortable. As good as the house is, the best part is the incredible view from rooftop deck. It truly has "Grandview".
There was plenty to do from snorkling to having some fun at Nippers (Actually, we had A LOT of fun at Nippers).
I will go back as often as I can and have already recommeded this property to my friends. It is a winner.
Thanks to Greg and his team. We WILL be back!
WOW!!! Although my family and I were very excited to get away over the Winter Holiday Break I had never traveled to the beach during this time. I had also never been away from home over Christmas, but Guana Cay and the Grandview home surpassed every hope we had for our getaway. The people immediately welcomed our family to their little slice of paradise and honestly are the reason the vacation was so great. I have three children and they each found friends almost immediately. My husband and I met couples from around the world and really enjoyed getting to know each of them. Grandview was spacious and had everything we could have needed. The kitchen and upper deck were our favorite spots. The kitchen had plenty of room for cooking with people. The pantry was even stocked with some necessities like condiments, coffee, and some foods!! The upper deck had a great view of the water and the entire island. Our favorite thing to do was escape up there after dark. The stars were unexplainably bright and breathtaking!!!! The island had many fun events going on such as a golf cart parade, a New Years Eve Party and "Nippers Sunday," all were a great time and once again showed the friendly attitude of everyone on the island. We cannot wait to come back. Thank you, Greg, for being so hospitable and keeping your beautiful home in such great condition.
I have rented 2 of this owner's properties. Grandview is a spacious, clean, well decorated home with comfortable beds and nice bath rooms. The kitchen is the right size for a family or a few couples. The house is a very short walk from one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen, with great snorkeling. The home has beach chairs, and out door shower which makes beach going easy! Nice size fat screen tv's in the main living room and mater bedroom. I highly recommend this property...you won't be disappointed! Very short walk or cart ride to restaurants and marina!
Great Valentine get away - Beautiful place to unwind, have fun, and meet new and interesting people. The accommodations were excellent with easy, quick access to the beach. Planning our next trip now.
This review is strictly for the rental property and not the island or overall experience. We've stayed at may places throughout the Caribbean usually renting through VRBO or an individual. Let me start by saying there are many positive things about this Property that is as it states in other reviews and their website. However, I felt like others should be aware of a few important things regarding the property and the service we received:
1. "NOVIEW" - Since we stayed in October which is the end of hurricane season, all of the metal storm shutters were on. The maintenance guy removed the two front ones but wouldn't remove any more so the rest of the house was dark. I feel that owner should've disclosed this information.
2. DANGER - In addition to my first point, all of the fire alarms had been removed - so no fire alarms and all of the windows sealed shut - very dangerous and a death trap.
3. ROOMMATES - About two days into our stay, we saw two men going into the enclosed "storage" beneath the house (the house is on stilts). We asked them what they were doing and they said "staying here". Imagine our surprise when they led us into a two room apartment beneath the house! The owner never said anything about this nor does any of the paperwork or websites. We were misled into thinking we had the house to ourselves. This was creepy and intrusive and we felt deceived.
4. CARTS - Point number 3 explains why the owner wouldn't include both of his golf carts with the rental. We had six in our party and each cart seats 4. Two trips for everything. (we knew we only had one cart, just didn't know why).
5. AWOL - Once final payment was made, owner couldn't be reached.
6. Interior or property has not been maintained. The house is dirty - not sandy because its near the beach, but grimy and unsanitary. Missing cupboard door, all pots and pans scratched or damaged (one still had grease from prior usage). Margarita machine works but underneath the pitcher was lots of grime from past usage. We washed our sheets and comforter the first day because they smelled like urine. Many lightbulbs out too, just overall not looked after.
I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't stay here or rent another property from this owner. Again, the island is beautiful and has a lot to offer. It is safe and the people are friendly.
We had another excellent trip to Grandview. As always, the stress seeps away the minute we board the ferry. Every trip to Guana is special and we love meeting new people and expanding our friendships. Greg and Lori are very gracious and they have put together a perfect place to relax and enjoy the island.
Boat rental, Snorkel/Dive Equipment rental and day excursions, sea kayak and paddle board rentals available nearby
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.