- Villa2260 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 17, 2018
Hello, my name is Max and I am 49 years old. Born and living in Galatina collaborate, together with my relatives in the management of the family business that deals with 25 years of treatment and coating of metals. I'm a sports guy, I love football, swimming and being in touch with nature. This passion has strongly influenced the choice of family homes to the sea and in the countryside. He began my father who found this house built in local stone in the middle of a beautiful red earth burned by the sun and it was love at first sight. From that moment began the great adventure, that even today, we are involved with the rest of the family, in trying to bring back to the heyday, this beautiful farmhouse. I am a sociable and friendly person. I really like the music, good food (I can cook quite well), I love the spices and fine wine. Married and father of Julia and Joseph twins of 11 years.
Massimo purchased this Villa in 1980
Why Massimo chose Province of Lecce
Villa Edda is a beautiful house surrounded by green countryside of Salento, where the family will spend the winter weekend and the 'beginning and end of each summer season. For the features of construction, Lecce stone and vaulted ceilings, the rooms are always cool even on the hottest days while for each local heating is provided with radiators. Pleasant and joyful are the moments for children and adults. A piece of heaven where you can spend a serene holiday without giving up joy and fun, by participating in the countless events organised around the communes of the Greek Salento.
What makes this Villa unique
The dwelling is equipped with every comfort and amenities to live in every season (cooling with air conditioning and central heating, wi-fi, LED TV with satellite programs with cinema, channel list for adults only, sports, children's programs, PS 4, games for children and adults, computer post, 2 large living areas with comfortable sofa beds, 3 bedrooms, 2 with vaulted ceilings and 2 bathrooms with shower and courtesy of environmentally friendly products) and is equipped with spaces that lend themselves to different kinds of companies: families with children or friends who want to spend their time together while cooking at the wood-burning fireplace in the garden or stove outside to the veranda (at home the kitchen is equipped with all you need, with appliances such as stove, oven, dishwasher, fridge and freezer), chatting and dining under the wide and welcoming patio available to the home or around the pool listening to music or reading a book. Would you live each moment maybe walking along country lanes under a starry sky. The house is equipped with every comfort and service to live it in every season. June, July, August and September for exclusive use; in the remaining periods, on request, possibility of daily stays in bed formula giving breakfast in two rooms with private bathroom.(Max two rooms, one with two seats and one with three seats).
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Lovely family villa, great outdoor space suitable for all ages.
We stayed the first fortnight of Sept 2017. The wonderfully warm weather was matched by the welcome from Massimo who is never more than a text or phone call away. We have stayed in many villas throughout Europe but have never before experienced the generosity shown to us by Massimo. On arrival there was a well stocked fridge, pantry and fruit basket. Massimo often popped in and brought local sweet and savoury pastries.
There is a lovely pool with plenty of sun beds around it. The full size tennis court, with rackets and balls supplied, was regularly used by all of us. Villa Edda is in an ideal position to visit both coastlines about thirty minutes drive to each.
Highly recommended by the Woodhouse family and friends and a villa we would love to return to.
I am very happy that you really enjoyed your stay at the villa. I always do my very best to please my guests and make their holidays a great experience. I really do hope to see you back next year. Thank you for being such great guests.
Fantastic family holiday - we will be returning!
Our family of 5 adults spent a fantastic five days in april in villa Edda. This charming rural house conversion has been completed to a very high standard – combining original features with top quality accommodation. This villa is superbly equipped – both inside and out. We made full use of the large infinity pool just opened, tennis court, hammocks, sun loungers and pizza oven. The kitchen has absolutely everything needed to make full use of the fabulous local ingredients - a supermarket within a few minutes drive provided us everything we needed to try out some of the tempting recipes we found. The bedrooms are light, spacious and airy –with top quality beds and linen. Should you wish to stay in there are DVDs, PS4, games for all ages, a comprehensive library of books, a workstation with a laptop – the owners have thought of everything! If you can be tempted to leave the villa there are many sights to see within a short drive – the nearby town of Galatina was a favourite with the old town with a beautiful square, great coffee and ice cream; to definitely try pasticciotto at Ascalone and coffee with almond milk . Gallipoli and the beach are also within an easy drive. We left with some lovely memories – determined to return for a longer holiday! Highlights were home-made pizzas, fabulous local food and wine, the bright days and warm and the lovely surroundings of this beautiful villa. Something for all the family with the reassurance of support from the owner and neighbours if needed – perfect!
Volevo solo dire un grande grazie a Massimo per tutto il suo aiuto nell'organizzare quella che è stata una settimana favolosa a Villa Edda. La villa, il giardino, la posizione, la piscina, il campo da tennis, il calcio balilla, le amache per riposare... era tutto bello e così, così tranquillo. Il nostro unico rimpianto è che non abbiamo prenotato per due settimane.
Arrivederci a presto!
Entering the villa you realize that the photos do not do justice - you just have to be there. We have been in many luxury villas all over Europe, but this has won them all.
All aspects were almost perfect: the design of the villa, the quality of the villa, its location and its equipment.
The location meant we were away from the noise of a resort and other villas but within driving distance of supermarkets, tavernas and beaches.
Inside the villa it felt like being home from home. Rich welcome buffet. When you thought - "I wonder if they have this in the draw?" - sure enough there was.
For when things do not go to plan the owner Massimo shows up during our stay.
I have not lost Wi-Fi - please consider this a bonus.
The pool was the highlight. I spent many days sitting by the pool reading a book.
Other great things about the villa - excellent barbecue; SKY TV; safe-deposit box; heated infinity pool with hydromassage area; the tennis court; the cottage with sauna and shower; cleaning of the villa.
We will return.
Villa e proprietari al bacio!
Spinti dalle recensioni lette e dall' opportunità di trovare tra i servizi il campo da tennis abbiamo provato finalmente la genuina ospitalità di questa terra. La dimora è fantastica e si presenta con delle novità graditissime( prenotata un anno prima). Ci è stato concesso, infatti, l' utilizzo della nuova area relax appena ultimata e la piscina riscaldata. All' arrivo tra odori e colori dei prodotti di benvenuto salati e dolci, vino, birra, succhi di frutta, acqua, frutta fresca...Massimo ci ha descritto la casa e suggerito i principali servizi della vicina città di Galatina. Le camere sono luminose ed i letti comodi. Eravamo in sei e siamo stati veramente bene. I bagni entrambi con doccia ordinati e puliti. Comodissimo l' altro bagno all' esterno vicino la piscina. Durante il soggiorno con discrezione il Sig. Massimo ci ha coccolato con alcuni piatti tipici appena cucinati e con i sapori della dolce pasticceria locale. Una vacanza al top all' insegna dello sport e del relax.
"True valuable Experience"
Villa is spacious, decorated with taste, perfectly equipped with everything you could wish for. The hosts are so welcoming and helpful - amazing, really! It's location is very quiet and very private, yet close enough to the coast and very interesting villages around. There is a beautiful pool, a garden, a tennis and soccer field, darts, a small children's playground with miny volleyball, basketball, badminton, a small playground for the kids, a barbecue area, ... All is so perfect!
Galatina is the belly button of the Salento. From here, it is very easy to reach all the best destinations for fully enjoying your holiday. Just to mention some:
1. At least see the sunrise one at Otranto, which is the first sunrise in Italy. We mainly watch it on January 1, but also in summer. It is very charming because of the crystal-clear view of the Albanian mountains.
2. Eat a "rustico". Typically from the Salento, the "rustico" is one of the most popular dishes among locals and tourists. Every summer, it turns out into a feast of fry food that can be found in every bar and fry shop of the Salento.
3. Visit Lecce and admire the beauty of its Duomo at night: the lights, the atmosphere, and the bell tower.
4. Eat a "bruschetta alla sagre" prepared with the "Ricotta Scante" with anchovies on top. Taste it to believe it. Go dive from the Poesi di Roca and the nearby cliffs, only for daredevils.
6. Watch the sunset at Porto Cesareo or at Gallipoli. Sunrise has to be seen at the Adriatic side.
7. Sip a mojito in a small wooden bar at the beach and enjoy the peace of the moment.
8. Go to the Maldives of the Salento, with crystal-clear water and a fabulous beach.
9. Visit an evening dancehall at the beach, a gem of the Salento summer nightlife.
10. Make at least one stop at the Notte della Taranta. In August, there are more than 15 of these festive nights. You have to try it at least once: let yourself go to the rhythm.
11. Spend the whole day at the beach: breakfast, a packed lunch, and even an afternoon with a nap included. Return after having watched the late sunset. This is relaxation!
12. Eat a "pittule salentine" (doughnut). This is a typical autumn dish, but reinvented in Salento style.
13. A must: choose to visit the Ionian or Adriatic, depending on where the wind blows. Just wake up and pick the one you want.
14. Walk through Lecce’s alleys at night. To many, it is more beautiful than during day.
15. Eat in a typical trattoria in the centre of the Salento’s inland. Be conquered by the generosity of these dishes and the humbleness of the trattoria’s owners.
16: Eat linguini with sea urchin in a seaside restaurant and let yourself cuddle by its scents.
17. Go visit the basilica of Santa Caterina.
18. Drink ice coffee with almond milk, but be careful: it might create a habit.
19. Listen to the stories of the small villages’ senior citizens: they narrate the stories of their youth while comfortably sitting at their doorstep.
20. Go visit Otranto’s cathedral.
21. Listen to a live concert on an outdoor location in the centre of Lecce: summer is pretty and has to be lived in downtown.
22. Visit Santa Cesarea Terme and admire the beautiful villas making up the centre.
23. Eat the original pastry of Ascalone.
24. See the world-renowned illuminations of the Festa di Santa Domenica in Scorrano.
25. Visit the cave of Bauxite of Otranto
26. Visit the Soffio Cave, a gift from nature in S. Maria di Leuca.
27. Eat some "frisella", a typical snack food with tomato and basil.
28. Visit the village of Specchia: one of the most beautiful villages of Italy.
29. Visit Acaya and its castle.
30. Eat watermelon at the beach.
31. Walk through the old town of Otranto, between the small white houses and the city walls.
32. Eat and drink at the Gusto di Maglie market.
33. Let the kids play in the water all day long.
34. Take a tour to Lecce’s churches; one even more beautiful than the other.
35. Visit Castro.
36. Taste some "Christmas" ice cream in Lecce.
37. Visiot the Notte della Taranta in Melpignano.
38. Togo Bay Beach
39. Dance until sunrise in the Dancehalls of Mamanera.
40. Eat shrimps in a seaside restaurant.
41. Walk at the beach during the first hours of the morning, when everything is quiet and peaceful.
42. Visit the heel of the boot: Santa Maria di Leuca.
43. Eat squid meatballs at "La Sagra de lu Purpu" in Melendugno.
44. Enjoy a summer downpour at the beach.
45. Enjoy water group dances.
46. Plunge into the Ionian Sea at Selvaggio Harbour.
47. Visit and taste some good Salento wine in a winery.
48. Do a "ronda" (a circle street dance to popular Salento music).
49. Go bathing in Ciolo and many others... Thanks to God, the Salento is a magical mix of earth, sun, and sea. It is unique for its history, its enotourism culture, its arts, and its traditions. Enjoy your stay!