* Rentals Are Now Being Accepted For 2016 Summer *
*Pricing on Rate Sheet is a base price, please email or call 231-218-7829 for a qoute.*
*New for 2012 season central A/C has been added to the entire
rental. No more hot days or nights.*
* Great convenience of being close to Traverse City, yet far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city in the summer.
* Owner provides restaurant recommendations, helps with day trip planning as well as any other concierge type planning to make your vacation as enjoyable as possible.
*** RENT NOW AND RECEIVE 2 HOUR EXCURSION ON 47' CATAMARAN ON WEST BAY FOR ENTIRE GROUP ABOARD THE NAUTI-CAT (check out web site) ***
* This spacious 3,200 square foot home can accommodate 10 people very comfortably without crowding. Start your summer memories Up North here!!!
* The home has two full kitchens. You have the ability to separate yourself from the others for some alone time.
* As you stroll down to the dock you'll pass by a sand volleyball/badminton court over looking the 100ft of private lake frontage.
* The dog kennel and large fenced in yard will keep your pet safe and secure while you are out.
* The main house has a large deck (12 X 20') with a gas grill and picnic table.
Another (12 X 24') deck is spacious enough to lay out in the sun, barbecue, or just to sit and chat. This deck is located at lake level. A smaller, third deck (8 X 12') is located on the second floor and overlooks the backyard and the lake frontage. This deck has the best view in the house and is ideal for sitting and reading a book, or having coffee in the morning from private kitchen!!!!
* A private dock is available for swimming, boating, and fishing.
* A 14' Mad River Canoe is available for use, including life jackets.
* Located 10 minutes from beautiful Traverse City and all it has to offer; 10 minutes from Wurfel Park where the Minor League Traverse City Beach Bums play; and just minutes from the world famous Interlochen Arts Music Camp.
* You are within easy access to antiquing, site seeing, and wine tasting. Let me help you with your day trips during the week!!!
* All of the conveniences of home without the care!!! Book your summer vacation NOW!!!!
We rented this home for the Month of August 2015 and could not have been more pleased. It really has everything you need. Access to the lake, Kayak, Canoe, outdoor games. Two decks one by the lake and great one at the house. The area for dogs was a big plus for us. Having multiple living spaces was great when you have up to 9 people in the house all at one time. So convenient to all the small towns you will certainly want to visit as well as wineries, breweries and yes, distilleries. Shopping both local boutique and shopping for everyday things is very convenient. The location is far enough out of town so you feel that you are lake living but so close to get to town for dinner, shopping and Festivals.
Spending a month there really gave us a true sense of what it would be like to live there and we just loved Traverse City.
Jack is very accommodating with all our needs and requests.
Thanks Jack. We hope to see you in the future. Blessings.
We had a GREAT week up at Jack's place! From the fantastic weather to the fantastic property. There were 9 adults and not once did we ever feel crowded in any way. One of the reasons we chose this property was the fact it had an actual bed (not pull outs) for everyone, and it totally exceeded our expectations. The house was very clean and comfortable. We loved the commercial stove and large gas grill on the deck. The upstairs was a nice extra. We spent all day down on the water, either on the large deck, boating, fishing, swimming or using the canoe that was there for use. The complimentary ride on the Nauticat is still talked about today! Jack was so helpful and made us feel right at home. Even though Traverse City was close, we never really had a reason to leave the property. A definite place to return!!!!!
We had a wonderful time at Captain Jack's vacation rental! He was super accommodating, helpful, and friendly. Our family loved the complimentary ride on the Nauticat - so much fun! The house is less than a ten minute drive away from downtown Traverse City so you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of a private waterfront and then go into the city for excellent wine and dine! House was clean and kitchen was stocked. My dog, Spike, was very happy with his outdoor space. Jack was a gem and we would happily rent from him again. Thank you!
we had a great week here at captain jack's place.
the description is accurate and everything was clean, neat, and orderly.
our 'chefs' loved the plancha, and we ate rather well that week, eating in almost every night.
the second kitchen and bathroom was a nice bonus since we had a full house of adults.
our ride out on the catamaran was smooth and relaxing.
jack was prompt to answer any questions we had and address any concerns.
we would not hesitage to rent here again.
This is by far one of the best vacation rentals in Traverse City. Our extended family have chosen Traverse City for the past 6 years and were wonderfully surprised how complete this rental was - all the way down to a covered kennel for the dogs. The second floor complete with kitchen was such a great addition for our son, daughter in law and 2 yr old granddaughter. Even the basement bedroom and living area was a bonus. We caught lots of fish, enjoyed the swim raft and the proximity to the city wad awesome. Beautiful views and plenty of areas for all 9 of us for privacy as well with the three decks and fire pit area. What a tremendous value as well! Thanks, Jack for sharing your vacation home.
This house was perfect for our clan, 3 children, 6 adults, and 3 dogs. The house had enough space for all of us, but we actually didn't spend much time in it, as we enjoyed the wonderful out door activities, volleyball, canoeing, fishing and the lake. What made it super perfect is the host Captain Jack, as he really means when he says my house is yours, enjoy and call him if you have questions or need anything. The kennel for the dogs was perfect, always in the shade and after swimming in the morning they napped all afternoon. The lake is not crowded for boating activities so we really enjoyed canoe trips and we actually brought a larger boat for tubing. The kids ages 7 & 5 could easily swim to the raft and enjoy hours of jumping off and the 18 month old could sit in the water and enjoy playing with buckets. Town was very close when we wanted to spend a day taking our bikes to the TART trail or walking about TC. And there is a coffee shop in biking and walking distance as well as an authentic mexican place where we enjoyed take out. It was a perfect week, a most gracious and wonderful host. The only bad thing is we had to go home.
Rent during the summer of 2016 and receive the following for FREE (please ask for details):
- A beautiful 2 hour cruise on West Grand Traverse Bay aboard The Nauti-Cat sailing vessel for your entire group.
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
Please email or call 231-218-7829
I will need to know how people will be staying and if any pets.
50% is required with signed contract to hold.
The balance is due 30 days before rental date.