WE ARE THE MOST REVIEWED PROPERTY IN RIO DE JANEIRO.
READ OUR REVIEWS TO UNDERSTAND WHY.
- SUPERLATIVE LOCATION
- INCREDIBLE BEAUTY AND ARCHITECTURE
- WONDERFUL STAFF
- ABILITY TO MAKE THE MOST FOR YOUR BUDGET
1. It is a four-store 2007-built private home on a gated street in the middle of the tourist zone of Copacabana. Plus attached cottage (rented separately) built approximately in 1890 and restored by the end of 2018.
2. There are four suites with elegant baths plus two small poolside cabanas which a shared bathroom. The cottage property has three bedrooms.
3. The Subway station is across the street and the Copacabana beach is just three blocks away. The main shopping street is only 50 feet away.
4. The house is rented with staff and can include a VERY FULL BREAKFAST for a reasonable cost.
5. There is a private third-floor pool, BBQ and sun deck. Plus an internal garden court in the cottage.
6. The house is run by a multilingual concierge who will arrange all transfers, tours, reservations, and child care.
7. The house is equipped with a full kitchen, china, crystal, silverware and dining table to provide food service for guests.
8. It is a family home - cozy enough for two friends all the way up to nine couples and children. Ideal to have a great vacation spot and personal attention. Can accommodate up to 16 adults in 8 bedrooms plus many children.
9. We could provide a short rental for special shooting, etc. but there is a minimum of 3 days for rental.
Guests who inquire about the property should know that we are in a quiet neighborhood with great neighbors and it is our policy that the house outdoor terrace is a quiet zone after 10 pm during weekdays. During weekends we also require respect for our neighbors' tranquility after 11 pm.
The villa is organized on four levels around a central atrium. All rooms open to this vaulted space via balconies, gardens, or a glass roof to the night sky and marvelous moon views.
Level one is a stone entrance foyer, off the little street with entrance doors from a former old Gloria mansion. A great modern kitchen contains every possible culinary gadget, a huge island with bar stools, a complete business center with notebook and printer, and enough porcelain to serve 40 people. Off the kitchen is a decorated atrium (morning room) and a family dining room, which is great for a family having breakfast or a sit down for 20. The atrium fireplace and over mirror by the artist who completed faux painting in the restoration of Theatro Municipal Opera house. Off these rooms is the wood-paneled library with TV/Cinema area that can be converted into a first-floor bedroom with a double bed upon request.
There is a small stone toilet off the back of the stone stairway. All of the major public floor rooms have fireplaces and make for a great family space.
The second-floor balcony gives way to three bedroom suites, all with sitting areas and marble deluxe baths with jacuzzis. They open by three pairs of antique french doors or stained glass windows to the atrium. Each room makes for a great private sleeping and entertaining space as sofas and easy chairs make them quite comfy. Since the villa is occupied most of the year, these three suites are continually in the process of being reinvented.
The third floor is accessed by a stone stairway (with our little Budda in the corner) decorated with panels of native birds and stained glass and a collection of both naif art and the original interior sketches for the house on the walls.
Once you open the door to the third and fourth-floor levels - you see the pool with its lion fountain, the deck, and a small sitting area. Our roof seems to be the greenest spot in the neighborhood and attracts lots of birds and butterflies. The garden is always a work in process as the plantings change continually. We try to keep in flowers all year round with hanging planters, plaques of bromeliads and orchids.
Off the first part of the garden is a trellised walkway of local honeysuckle and some fresh fruit trees as well as a little herb garden. There are two cabanas which are of an 18th-century style wood ship and a small duplex rooftop suite off of this walkway. The cabins share a bathroom with a shower. Each cabin has desks with plenty of storage, hundreds of books, and are comfy and cool little spots - full of character. The cabanas can sleep 2 or 3. The duplex suite consists of a king size loft above and huge living room below which sleeps 4 on the banquette single beds or the banquettes can be combined into a king. This house has a separate bath and shower with chicken coop type windows which look through the glass roof all the way to the first floor.
The villa is available as a rental with only maids to change linens and make beds for guests who want total privacy. On the other hand, the villa has a huge staff for the family or a group who wants and needs lots of attention. The daily rental fee depends on the services guests need (basically price changes when a group is a huge number of guests) and is priced very well as compared to even a three-star hotel. We aim to top the service offered anywhere else in our city. We try to make guests feel comfortable from answering their first inquiries to saying goodbye and putting them in a car to return home. We are quite used to corporate, business, diplomatic, and family parties. We know the best purveyors for buying fresh ingredients, fine meats, great fish, etc. It is a fun spot and we would love to throw a party for you.
Now that prices in Rio de Janeiro have become in the league of New York City, Tokyo, or London - we feel it essential that guests have some reasonably priced options for meals. It also seems likely that guests who have all the intention of eating out every night change their plans once they get settled into the villa. So we have become quite deft at putting meals together without a lot of notice. We have two lovely street fairs each week with butchers, fishmongers, greengrocers, with dozens of stalls.
The Abraços Foundation, Thiago and Rodrigo have a staff of drivers, tour guides, packaged tour operators, and can help with detailed planning for your trip - from airport pick up until you depart (and even ship those things you forgot back home!!) Guests have the advantage of organizing their schedule when they book or meet with Thiago or Rodrigo once they are here to buy tours.
Thiago and Rodrigo handle all the email requests and help guests who do not know the city and country (or South America) on how to arrange their time based on their interests.
BEFORE YOU MAKE AN INQUIRY
1. We can not offer rentals less than 3 days for large groups - it is just too time-consuming to do a changeover after 21 guests have been with us for a short period. There are no short-term stays for large groups at regular rental fees, You can stay for three nights BUT WE WILL CHARGE MORE PER DAY FOR THOSE RENTALS.
We can offer a short-term rental at a higher fee that reflects our increased costs.
2. Although we can house up to 29 - there is only room for 6 OR 8 couples in privacy. 6 couples in the villa + 2 couples in the Cottage are ideal unless the group includes children and one uses sofas in the suites or bunk beds.
3. Rental rates VARY according to the number of guests and services requested. We are indeed an economical alternative for a large group and offer features not easily available in most apartments or villa rentals. RENTING VILLA OR COTTAGE, OR VILLA PLUS COTTAGE ARE ALL DIFFERENT RENTAL RATES.
4. We LOVE a party BUT DO NOT rent to groups who do not abide by the villa quiet hours. We are in a family neighborhood and love our neighbors. We do not rent to any group without questions as we wish to make sure our staff, our villa, and our neighborhood are respected. We have furnished the villa with love and care and special objects and want guests to love our ambiance.
Check out this reality show recorded in our Villa: