|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Brand New Remodel! Great Lake Tahoe Cabin/House just steps from El Dorado Beach & Boat ramp.
Beautiful lake views from the porch!! Watch the fireworks
Just 5 minutes from great skiing @ Heavenly Valley!! Close to all of the great Lake Tahoe ski resorts
Casinos are just 3 miles away!!
Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Sailing, Boating all very close
Private 6 person Hot Tub in back yard
Huge lot--great for kids--private gated backyard & side yard
3 bedrooms--Master with a King bed & private modern/remodeled bathroom--Guest #1 with a Queen bed--Guest #2 with 2 sets of bunk beds (sleeps 4)
A huge family room w/ wet bar
Formal dining room
Laundry with washer & dryer
Full remodeled modern kitchen with brand new gas range, oven, microwave & refrigerator
Comes with linen service
Plenty of parking off street
Plenty of Taxis readily available
It's a perfect location, clean and new interior, close to the beach, lake, ski resorts, and casinos
It's a perfect location, close to the beach, lake, ski resorts, and casinos
This is a great house if you want to be close to everything. Right across from the beach and a short ride to Stateline. It was all brand new and remodeled--very clean!
We had a great family vacation at this place. The beach is so close its a super easy walk even with kids (and all their stuff!). El Dorado is not the most scenic beach, but its great for young kids. You could seriously walk for a mile and still only be knee deep. Maybe not the greatest if you are hoping for a swim, but our two toddlers had a blast running through the water. Very close to a major grocery store (Safeway), good food and entertainment. The cabin was very clean and ready for us when we got there. I agree with another reviewer that I wouldn't put young kids in the top bunks (very narrow with no railing) but we only had two kids so that wasn't a problem. Only drawback for us is the cabin doesn't have that "getting away from the rat race" feeling since this is a pretty active/populated area. But that's the trade off for being so close to everything! I would definitely recommend this place
Based on the reviews, description, pictures, I expected more. The recent remodel really only applies to the kitchen and master bathroom - not the greatest. This place might be great for the winter and families with older children. Here were a few issues I had:
- It was very warm when we arrived (90s), there is no A/C, which is fine since the rooms have ceiling fans. All rooms BUT the master, in addition, majority of the windows have VERY OLD screens or NO screens so you don't even want to open the windows or couldn't even open some of the windows. The screens have so much dust, bugs, spider webs, and gaps in it....
- The bunk beds, there is NO railing on the top bunks, so the kids (under 10) didn't feel comfortable sleeping on the top bunk. One bunk bed didn't even have a ladder to get to the top.
- We arrived at stated time - 4pm, and the place had NO housekeeping. We called and the owner said he would try to reach the housekeeper. The housekeeper came and said it would be clean in 2 hours - I doubt she washed all the duvet covers / blankets in 2 hours. I think maybe just the initial sheets and definitely there was no dusting. This was very frustrating considering we timed arrival for when we could check in - we drove 8 hours and with two little kids, it was very frustrating to have to leave and come back in 2 hours. The owner seemed aloof about the situation and just kept saying, the housekeeper has the same calendar....
- El Dorado Beach is not on the top 5 beaches in Tahoe so it is nice to be within walking distance but didn't spend much time at that beach.
- Considering we were there for 8 days, there was no vacuum to use to keep upkeep, there was no hose to wash any sand off before entering the house, and the front yard is all dirt and dust - not a place for any kids to be playing in.
- We left pillows and asked to have it shipped back even offering to pay for any cost to shipping and after several days got very slow response - basically, no (probably definitely no after this review).
The house was ok, I think it was overpriced for what we got. Definitely will be back at Lake Tahoe but would look elsewhere.
The cabin is less than a block away from the beach. We had a great family vacation...many thanks!! The cabin was nicer than the pictures could show. Nicely updated. It was just right for our family of 6. We would stay here again.
This cabin was even better than we expected! The pictures don't do it justice. Upon arriving it looks like a cute cabin in the trees that has a GREAT location near the beach but then when you go in it's WAY bigger than it looks. The floor plan was very long and that worked well for us because one family stayed in the front bedroom while my family used the two bedrooms far away in the back of the house. We couldn't hear each other at all during the night which was great because our kids still wake up sometimes. The kitchen was AMAZING, so nice! It had everything you could think of needing and beautiful appliances. It's so close to the casinos (a $12 uber ride on a sat night) and the beach is literally right across the street. My 3 year old could walk it. I can't say enough nice things about this place. We'll definitely stay again. Oh and the backyard is huge, like another whole lot. And fenced in so I didn't have to worry about my son playing back there. There was even a large library of on demand movies for a quiet night in by the fire (we did that too!). This place was wonderful!
We had a great stay at this property. The property is much nicer in person than pictures online. The house is well laid out and has everything you need. It is a few minutes drive to casinos and right by the lake. I found the beds a little uncomfortable but overall I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely return.
The surprise delight of our stay was the short walk to the lakeshore -- a stone's throw away -- from which we could enjoy beautiful sunsets, walk out on the ice, and enjoy playing in the snow and watching others enjoying the scenery too. Even though we were tired from skiing each day, everyone wanted to go out to the lake shore at day's end because it was so accessible, beautiful and fun. Another great aspect was that the house was less than 5 minutes drive from a large Safeway grocery, and a very short drive beyond that to Heavenly.
The house itself was very comfortable for our group of two adults and four teenagers, was quiet (no noise from the outside), and was very clean. The family room and dining room were natural gathering places, but the house also separates the largest bedroom from the other two bedrooms for privacy and quiet. We cooked many meals, and the kitchen allows for several people to work together easily. The house was well-equipped. It had plenty of space for our group to spread out and also nice spaces for being together.
We were also pleased with how communicative, responsive and easy to work with the owners were. Overall, our 4-night holiday ski weekend was a great success!
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|