We are very proud our unique home (in Barcelona). A dramatic setting - the 18th floor of a slim tower- Illa de Llac (only 4 apartments per floor), set within 17 ha parkland designed by world famous architect, Enric Miralles, overlooking - from the 30m terrace - a lake, beaches, the entire city including Sagrada Familia. It is a small chic community (Concierge & 24hr security), beside the best shopping complex in Barcelona, close to scores of restaurants, tapas bars, museums and miles of great beaches - just 10 minutes from Las Ramblas, Port Olympic or 25 minutes from the airport.
Staying in this special setting offers visitors an exceptional opportunity to enjoy and share in an exclusive enclave, whilst respecting that your/our neighbours are at home. If you seek the finer points of a unique holiday in Barcelona, then you will love this experience.
However if you seek an action packed location or party setting, you will be disappointed and so will our friends and neighbours.
Guest Book – (unsolicited comments)
1. “The apartment was really terrific. It was exactly how it was described and we were very happy. The location was exactly where we wanted to be, although some people might find it a bit far from the centre of Barcelona (we liked being near the beach and Diagonal Mar.) The view from the terrace was always a welcome site when we came home, and sitting out there with some wine was lovely. The bedrooms are good for a few people, and the two bathrooms make it easy for everyone to shower. Everyone who we met in the building were always friendly and said hello. We used the pool a few times which was great, too.” L. NY, USA June 2016
2. “Dermod's was very helpful prior to our trip answering any questions very promptly. The apartment was beautiful and had a wonderful panoramic view which made breakfasts on the terrace very enjoyable. Any problems we had during our stay were sorted out immediately by Jordi who looks after the apartment in Dermod's absence. We had a lovely family trip to Barcelona and the apartment was a fantastic base for us.” R & Family, May 2016
3. “If this flat had only come with the terrace and one bedroom, it would still have been worth it. Add in three more bedrooms, a mod-con kitchen, and a living room with floor to ceiling windows and sweeping views of the city (including La Familia Sagrada), and you have yourself the perfect holiday flat. Dermod made himself available via email before the trip, and was a gracious and considerate host. The keys were given to us at 10am and we were grateful to be granted early access. The apartment was clean and gorgeous, exceeding our (already high) expectations and located within a short walking distance to the beach. Almost directly across the street stands a large shopping complex with a huge array of restaurants, coffee shops, and the biggest grocery store we've ever been in. The Hop-on, Hop-off bus tour has a pick-up point just down the street, and a Hilton across the way where taxis line up to get you to the heart of Barcelona. All of these things are wonderful, but I cannot stress enough how wonderful the view—the VIEW!—is from this flat. We loved our long weekend in Barcelona, but we all agree that our favorite part of the whole trip was the apartment.” DMcH, CA, USA April 2016
3 a. Everything been very Good. Thanks. …easy from beginning to the end. MT, Sweden. April 2016
4. We had a fabulous time! Our stay was wonderful, your apartment was wonderful and made our stay in Barcelona that much more enjoyable! Thanks so much for the easy manner in which we were able to arrange this. We will certainly recommend you to others who make this trip, and would happily be in contact again the next time we venture to Barcelona. Thanks again! L Family, USA, March 2016
5. We got home yesterday from our FABULOUS stay in Barcelona. You know far better than I what a special place the city is, but I wanted to let you know what an important role your apartment played in our exciting week in Spain. The layout and location were as advertised and we really loved being able to get away from the city centre and relax at the beach and pool. The kitchen was especially convenient, well stocked and accessible. Toni and Jordi were especially helpful and you have no idea what a comfort it was for Jordi to be at the apartment when we arrive LATE last Wednesday night. R Family. USA, Aug 2015
6. Think you for letting us rent your lovely apartment in Barcelona. We had the perfect vacation. K Family. Denmark, July 2015
7. All went well at the apartment and had a great time in Barcelona. It gave us all we needed for our stay, many thanks. TD & Family, Berlin, May 2015
8. Thank you so much for letting us stay in your spectacular flat. We enjoyed especially the splendid view and the closeness to the beach. The flat and the whole house is very clean and looked well after and the public transport to the centre is very good as well as the taxi stand on the corner very useful. IW & Family April 2015
9. Dermod was extremely hospitable and helpful. I arrived in from the airport rather late and he organised for me to be met and shown around the apartment at that time. The apartment was perfect for our Conference as we were across at the CCIB in 5 minutes. It was also close to the beach for a long run and next to a large shopping centre, Diagonal Mar. The apartment was extremely clean, modern and well equipped. I will definitely stay here again for future trips to Barcelona. Dr. SOC, USA Feb 2015
10. Dermod was really helpful before our arrival. The team for the check-in was available and accommodating. The apartment was exactly as described and the location is perfect to go to the international conference centre. I would definitely rent it again for my next business trip in Barcelona. Thank you Dermod! ATG, Nov 2014
11. Dermod is a very professional and kind host. The communication was easy and the responses fast. The Apartment is right next to Diagonal Mar which is a valuable add-on. You can eat there, get some supplies (groceries) and everything you need. As we were there for a conference, it allowed us to get a coffee and relax in the apartment between sessions. Another great thing about the Apartment, it's in walking distance to the CCIB (not more than 300 meters). The Apartment is located on one of the last floors from that very tall building. The view is amazing and will boost up your overall satisfaction. The apartment is clean, well equipped and looks nice, like you can see in the pictures. I am not quite sure but we had the impression the apartment must be about 180-200 qm2 with plenty of space and privacy, especially if you share the apartment with someone else. Dermod organized a meet and greet and even responded to our request for a late checkout. All in all, highly recommendable. SS, Germany Nov 2014
12. We had a wonderful time in your apartment, although it seems a long time ago already … really enjoyed the view from the balcony in the evenings and the girls enjoyed being close to the beach. I would definitely recommend it to friends. McM Family, Canada, Oct, 2014
13. We had a lovely stay in you apartment. CP & Family August 2014
14. Thank you for your excellent appt in Barcelona. We had a great time in this cracking city and would hope to return in the not too distant future. AC & Family N. Ireland, August. 2014
15. We enjoyed our stay…and certainly we will keep your suite in mind when we travel next year. The location was just what we sought. Thank you again for your hospitality….JM/TP and family, USA, July 2014
16. We all enjoyed staying at your apartment…. We appreciated the beautiful panoramic view of the city many times as well as the beach and close walk to the mall and metro station. Barcelona is a fun city to visit and explore. GV & Family, Canada, June/July 2014
17. Thank you so much for the loan of the apartment again this year. To be sure I get it right for next year…if you could reserve it for us that would be fantastic…we love it and thank you again for letting us use it. PB, UK, June 2014
18. Dermod's place lived up to its billing -- extremely roomy with a nice pool complex, gym and paddle-board courts. Totally modern, great AC and VERY quiet. It's right across the street from what must be the largest and most modern shopping centre in Barcelona ... this is a very modern neighbourhood, a comfortable modern slice of life in an exotic, strange and wonderfully weird Spanish city. A few blocks from the Metro, which runs every 5 minutes, very clean with great access to everywhere you might want to go. Near the beach too. If you are looking for comfort, space and quiet, I cannot recommend this place too highly! P’OB, Ca, USA June 2014
The Owner is a very professional and kind host. The communication was easy and the responses fast. The Apartment is right next to Diagonal Mar which is a valuable add-on. You can eat there, get some supplies (groceries) and everything you need. As we were there for a conference, it allowed us to get a coffee and relax in the apartment between sessions. Another great thing about the Apartment, it's in walking distance to the CCIB (not more than 300 meters). The Apartment is located on one of the last floors from that very tall building. The view is amazing and will boost up your overall satisfaction. The apartment is clean, well equipped and looks nice, like you can see in the pictures. I am not quite sure but we had the impression the apartment must be about 180-200 qm2 with plenty of space and privacy, especially if you share the apartment with someone else. The Owner a meet and greet and even responded to our request for a late checkout. All in all, highly recommendable. SS, Germany Nov 2014
We really enjoyed our stay in Barcelona. This is a beautiful apartment. Very nice location, close to the beach, shopping and public transportation. Great swimming pool and gym. Breathtaking views from the balcony.
Unbelievable location - Illa de LLac (island of the lake) - at 283 Pg. Taulat Barcelona City - elegant slim apartment tower set in a lakeside park overlooking the beaches, city and the surrounding hills. Located beside the best shopping complex in Barcelona and just 12 minutes from the centre of Barcelona by taxi, metro or bus.
Other Activities: museums, sightseeing, sports - beside best shopping complex in Barcelona - Diagonal Mar
1.We have enjoyed a wonderful week in your delightful apartment. We can understand why you would have an apartment here. Barcelona is a very special city. We were going to recommend your apartment to friends. PW party, Texas, USA, Feb 2013
2.Yesterday we have leaved your apartment as planned. It was very pleasant these days there. It is really a nice apartment and everything worked good. BP and family, Brazil, Dec 2012
3.We enjoyed our stay in Barcelona and at your place. Great view and location. Everything went well. PR, Texas, USA Nov 2012.
4.So we are back in northern Germany and we are 'enjoying” typical north-sea-coast-weather... I am sure you know what I mean! We had a wonderful week in one of our favourite towns, fine weather and a real comfortable apartment- thanks a lot. We had a marvellous view over the city. TT. Family, Germany, Oct. 2012
5.What a fantastic apartment which was perfect for our weekend. We all had a great time, although 3 days just wasn't long enough to take in all the amazing sights and restaurants! I am sure I will be back, but next time with my husband and my children! SC, UK, Sept 2012
6.Just back from Barcelona, thanks so much for the use of the great flat. Great beach, supermarket, wonderful views and Barcelona was fantastic.Hope you still have it available for next year as we all loved it., JC Family, UK, Sept 2012
7.Just a quick email to say thank you and we had a brilliant time. Think we left everything as we found it :o). We loved the apartment and would definitely think about booking it again. GT, UK. Sept 2012
8.I would just like to say thank you, as we all really enjoyed Barcelona and your fantastic apartment. We would definitely consider going back again, in the near future. Everything went well and the cleaners left the apartment spotless for us. Thank you. A. Family, Paris, August 2012
9.We enjoyed our stay in Barcelona and your apartment very much. Great view, great apartment, great weather. We have now returned to Denmark and the rain! :-) CB, Denmark July 2013
10.hi, we have loved this spot! RS, Holland, June 2012
11.We rented your apartment for the Cine Europe event, and loved it. The event has now been confirmed for 2013 ….. so we would like to reserve it for that week if possible. Many thanks, PB UK June 2012.
12.Just wanted to let you know that your apartment is very nice and satisfying for all our needs. A lot of space for 5 people, luxury. Everything in the neighbourhood…I can imagine that it is for you a lovely place to go 'home' to when you are on holiday! DeW Family, Denmark, May 2012
13.Many thanks for facilitating our rental of your apartment in Barcelona. My colleagues and I found it most convenient – given that we were attending a conference literally up the road. It was less than a 5 minute walk. We will be delighted to recommend it to friends and colleagues visiting Barcelona. All the arrangements worked well. M Group. NSW, Australia April 2012.
14.We are now back home after a very nice week in Barcelona. We really enjoyed our stay in your apartment, the location being amazing. W. Family, Madrid, Spain, March 2012.
15.Thank you for this coming to Barcelona and feeling ... more than home really! We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope having done everything right, certainly this town and your highflyer view is VERY difficult to match! We can only pull our hat for your very good taste and life style and would quite like to redo the exercise, may be at a warmer time of the year, if realistic. GS Family, Germany, Nov 2011.
16.Just a brief note to let you know that we had a very enjoyable holiday in your apartment in Barcelona. Your apartment was extremely comfortable and the view over Barcelona was fantastic. The weather was also great (28-30 degrees), which was just perfect both for going on the beach and exploring the streets of Barcelona. This was my children's first trip abroad and they were sad to have to come home. MH Family, Scotland, Sept 2011
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||$388|
All rates quoted are for 2/4 adults sharing. Add €75 per 2 additional adults per night in low season. Add €100 per 2 additional adults per night in mid season (April - Nov). Add €125 per 2 additional adults per night for Christmas/New Year, Easter and special events, e.g. Grand Prix.
A 33% deposit plus refundable security deposit of €350 is payable with each reservation. The balance payable 45 da