About the property
- Estate3180 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay3 nights
House, 4 Bedrooms, 4 Bath , (Sleeps up to 8 )
PRIVATE GOLF/FAMILY RETREAT.This exclusive and private home surpasses all available accommodations in the Bandon area. THE real Pacific Ocean VIEW IS SECOND TO NONE. Without neighbors, power lines, or crowds on the Beach. Call or text me at 541-410-0774, for more details. We can arrange chefs, massages, tour guides, or drivers. We consider this THE executive golf home, especially suitable for 3-4 couples. Watch Gray whales from any one of the private patios. Listen to Music in every room or outside. This is the only property with a very large green grass lawn overlooking the ocean. The property with a view of the signature golf hole at 'The Sheep Ranch' (Bandon's NEXT Oceanfront course) With a GOURMET Kitchen and quality throughout. No houses in sight, only ocean views and pristine beaches, on 10 acres of extreme quality.
The beds, the linens, the art, the kitchen, the flat screen TV's, the massive rock fireplace, the outside dining fireplace, and the view are all UNSURPASSED! All these far outweigh the 7 minutes you drive to Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. If you compare, with any other properties, you simply don't get it!
For you golfers, we know the best of the caddies to insure you enjoy all your golf. For the others, we have a private trail to our beach and 55 years of experience in the area. We know who, what, and where to go.
This is a very personal property and we only rent to the discriminate first class executive types. If you need more beds for more people, LOOK ELSEWHERE! We do not allow weddings unless approved in writing by owner. We feel with 4 king/queen beds your four couples or less will have a quality experience.
We do allow BEHAVED SUPERVISED CHILDREN. My children love it here. They grew up with summers here. For the younger kids we even have our own private sand box/dune to play in while the parents lounge on the deck.
We hope to accommodate the best, so special requests are expected. We reserve the right to not rent to just anyone. This is a very nice home, with original art, antique oriental rugs, and quality throughout.
Keywords: Estate Quality Home and Executive Golf Property
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
About O.Jay Merrill
I spent my childhood summers on these beaches. Little has changed. This place is magical. Sharing what i experienced with my Children is why I built this special place. It brings us closer to nature and each other, each visit. We hope it does the same for you. My golf buddies appreciate it too.
O.Jay Merrill purchased this Estate in 1998
Why O.Jay Merrill chose Bandon
Because the beaches are pristine, and the golf is World Class. See the Oregon Coast like never before. Views, nature, Eagles, Pelicans, Whales, Deer, Wild Turkeys, Foxes, Seals, tidal pools, and so much more.... Bandon Dunes newest course will be built on our bluff beginning this coming year.
What makes this Estate unique
PRIVACY, comfort, views, AND MORE VIEWS. You won't believe the setting, views, and quality. You can have all this for the price of a couple hotel rooms.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Surprise and Delight
This estate lives up to the many 5-star reviews.
We were blessed with sunshine that allowed us to take full advantage of the patio/deck areas, beach walks, etc. but we all agreed, even if it rained non-stop, we would have fully enjoyed the home!
The architecture and design is superior; built with top shelf construction materials. I've rented homes throughout the United States (Pacific Grove, Carmel, San Diego, Austin, Yellowstone, etc.)... and none come close to this experience.
The acoustics throughout the house are amazing - we never heard one another (a good thing, as 2 of us were up at 5a each day).
Although each room throughout the home is comfortable, my favorite was the 2nd master bedroom upstairs; I could not stop gazing at the view.
We are already talking about scheduling a return visit - and this time for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Thank you for the exceptional experience O. Jay!
Thank you thank you thank you.
A truly magical place!
I do not exaggerate when I say that this is by far one of the most beautiful, special places in Oregon. We visited in the winter when it was too cold to spend much time outside (unless you are a crazy golfer, like my husband), and there is no better place to cozy up next to the fireplace and enjoy the beauty of the coast, than in the luxury of this home. The views are unparalleled! The house itself, is beautifully decorated, well appointed, and a sheer delight to stay in. The proximity to Bandon Golf course is great - just a few minutes away. Whenever I texted the owner, he responded immediately, and was quickly able to address any questions we had. We look forward to coming back again when the weather is warmer and we can spend more time beach combing and enjoying this once in a lifetime property. Thank you!
Nice place, nice owner, connectivity and amenities were not great
We spent a huge amount of money on this place for the weekend of my 50th birthday, so gauge the expectations set forth below accordingly. Although it's undoubtedly a beautiful house and the owner was nice and communicative, the fact that the WiFi was all but inoperable (coupled with the total lack of cell reception) made this weekend a bust in many respects. I wasn't at all expecting to be on an involuntary media fast, especially with a teenager in tow and terrible weather keeping us indoors. I run a business that requires me to be in constant communication with my team and clients and being incommunicado really didn't work for me at all. The dishwasher also didn't work, nor did the TV/sat setup in the master bedroom. Bottom line is that it didn't match our expectations of the amenities we'd be getting, and required for this trip. If I had it to do over I would not have stayed here.
Thank you for complimenting me and my home. I'm sorry your birthday dreams didn't go as you expected. I cannot control the weather. When your lovely wife Heather called to cancel the day before your arrival requesting a full refund because your friends had decided not to come, I was concerned. I can empathize, However, let me clarify a few things.
1. you and I never spoke. You never voiced any inconvenience except expense due to your friends cancelling.
2. The ultra quiet and sanitizing BOSCH dishwasher does work. You didn't mention it not working until 25 minutes before you left, I called immediately and explained to your wife to just leave the dirty dishes and my housekeepers would take care of it. My housekeepers arrived to check out the house and the dishwasher worked fine. Heather must have been rushing to clean up and missed the start button after the on.
3. On the night you arrived your wife Heather had text me at 12 midnight regarding access to the internet. I responded in a few minutes to explain the correct wifi connection and no password. She stated it wasn't working and I explained the modem can get locked up and to please turn off pause for a few minutes and then replug that usually works. In the ensuing three days Heather sent 21 texts of questions and nice comments, NONE of which said the internet was not working. That leads me to think the disconnect and reconnect reset worked. Since hearing these compIaints I have ordered new upgrade commercial internet connection and a diagnostic of existing internet.
4. I am complexly unaware that the Direct TV does not work in the Master bedroom. Per, you should have told me while you were there, so I could have explained how to turn it on. Someone must have changed an input setting.
5. I respond to all your emails and calls anytime I am awake as soon as I can. In your wife's case, usually within minutes, occasionally a few hours. Your displeasure is not for the customer service, the quality of the home, but due to not communicating with me that you did not understand the dishwasher controls, or a slow internet does not mean no internet. The internet issue is being addressed, but like cell tower locations, its out of my control. I am going to great lengths toget the best internet available.
This house is amazing and was perfect for our group of friends. Such a secluded and peaceful spot to have a lazy vacation. Enjoyed waking up each morning and sitting in the kitchen nook drinking my coffee and checking out the waves. Thanks O Jay!
Private Coastal Retreat
This property was absolutely beautiful. We had a great 9 nights of family fun and relaxation. The house lives up to all the great reviews and the owner was great to work with. We hope to be back next year!!!
Some of the nicest and most considerate guests ever. Thank you
The views from this house are amazing! This is a nice, high-end home that was clean and comfortable. The path to the beach is a bit steep, but manageable. It was nice being able to walk down to the beach without having to get in a car. No complaints about this place at all. You will enjoy your time there. The pictures definitely don't do this place justice.
Access to PRIVATE OCEANFRONT GOLF COURSE available. Great walking/Agate hunting beach. Private trail to Beach.
Additional information about rental rates
RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL CONFIRMED.