About the property
- Apartment753 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
Apartment typically Venetian with modern comfort and lot of charm
Located on the first floor of an 18th century palazzo, our apartment offers a typically Venetian setting: whiten exposed beams, Venetian marble pavement, antique doors, stone walls as well as large arched windows opening onto the garden of the neighbouring palace. The apartment is very bright thanks to its South exposition and its openings. It has been fully renovated in 2015. The modern fittings and the design furniture invite you to spend cosy and romantic holidays in a very beautiful historical setting. Being from Switzerland, our goal is to provide Swiss quality standard.
The district of the Basilica dei Frari is in the centre of Venice. It is a typically Venetian living place and an attraction for tourists who have a stroll in these charming narrow streets along the picturesque canals or who visit the most beautiful museums of the town. It is easily accessible from the train station (10 minutes on foot) from the Piazzale Roma (15 minutes on foot), from the Tronchetto parking lot via the elevated railway (25 minutes) and from the airport (30 minutes by bus and on foot). We are 10 minutes from the Rialto Bridge, 20 minutes from the Piazza San Marco, 30 minutes from the Art Biennial or 40 minutes from the Lido and its beaches. On the Campo San Stin, at the foot of our house, you will find small delicious cafés, the best ice-maker of Venice, supermarkets (Billa and Coop) and above all, some of the most beautiful museums and collections of the town (Scuola Grande de San Rocco, Foundation François Pinault, the Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, etc.)
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, german, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
About Olivier Nicolas
We are a Swiss couple who is professionally active in the field of art and history and who loves travelling as well as beautiful houses. We are happy to share our interest for Venice with our guests.
Olivier Nicolas purchased this Apartment in 2014
Why Olivier Nicolas chose San Polo
This apartment is our pied-à-terre in Venice. We often come back and it is always a pleasure. Our knowledge of the town is increasing and we love to share our Venetian discoveries, favourite places and good addresses with our guests.
What makes this Apartment unique
This apartment an invitation to relaxation in a very quiet district while being a few minutes away from the main tourist attractions. Its modern comfort and the attention paid to the decoration and the respect of its history and charm will make your holiday an unforgettable romantic getaway. The apartment is ideal for 2 or 4 persons and offers, in addition to the 2 bedrooms, a spacious living room as well as a large perfectly fitted open plan kitchen. From this address, Venice can be visited on foot without having to get on a boat. It is also easily accessible on foot from the train station or the Piazzale Roma (cars and buses arrival).
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great experience of the real elegance of Venice
It felt like a great privilege to be allowed stay in this genuine old Venitian apartment. The owner was very responsive and supplied all sorts of useful information about the local area, and made us feel very welcome. With the marble flooring and elegant furniture and shuttered windows you felt you were living just like a local. Especially given the wonderful location, in a quiet backstreet, and yet within easy walking distance of the Grand Canal, and with the amazing and beautiful Frari Church just a couple of blocks away. After a day sightseeing amongst the throngs, it was great to return to this stylish haven, and then be able to stroll out to one of the many local bars or restaurants - special mention to Taverna da Baffo, where we ate outside, by a small canal, on the first night, with great food and friendly service, so good we returned a few nights later.
Just one tip, do not be tempted to sleep with the windows open, in summer, as we did on the first night, if you are sensitive to mosquito bites, as we found we were. Just a hazard of the local life, I guess.
Thanks for coming. You will be welcome next time.
Loved this place, can't wait to go back.
My husband and I stayed at this apartment for five nights and would have loved to stay longer, if we didn't have friends to meet in Rome. The apartment itself was clean, well-appointed and comfortable, with everything we needed. We felt very at home, but also enjoyed the unique ambiance... shuttered windows open to the fresh air, the view of nearby rooftops, the ringing of the Frari church bells, the quaint courtyard just outside the kitchen window, complete with potted plants and a view of the sky. The owner, Olivier, provided a detailed list of things to do and places to eat, which was very useful. He also responded quickly and helpfully to all our emails and questions. The concierge service was extremely helpful in guiding us to the apartment, especially considering we got lost almost as soon as we arrived, couldn't find the meeting place, and they had to come find us! The apartment location was excellent, with many fine restaurants, bars, and shops nearby. We especially enjoyed the Brillo Parlante for morning coffee and pastries, as well as happy hour spritz drinks. We also loved the Taverna da Baffo in the next square; Alex and his staff were great hosts and we went back several times. Finally I should note that the apartment is located in a relatively quiet neighbourhood, so we felt we got a taste of the real Venice.
Thank you for staying with us. You , your family, your friends will be warmly welcome next time. Olivier
Elegant & comfortable, & centrally situated.
This would have to be the most elegant & comfortable apartment we have stayed in. It is in a central position with great places to eat nearby, yet the well-appointed kitchen is an invitation to cook one's own meals. The generous information was greatly appreciated as well as Olivier's helpful emails. All of this meant we had a wonderful week in Venice. Many thanks, Gwen & Geoff Ryan, Australia
Dear Gwen and Geoff,
Thank you so much for comming. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Olivier
This place was everything they said it was and more! They came to meet us and walked us right to the door. Our only disappointment was that we did not bring a couple friends! We loved the quiet since there were no cars driving about.
Lovely in September
We were told that September was the best time to visit Italy and all who told us were correct. This apartment was a fabulous place to stay, in the heart of the city. The kitchen was well appointed with all the items we needed to cook for ourselves. The host was attentive, by email, and made sure that we had everything we could need. Being meet at the station and walked to the apartment was really valued as we arrived at 10pm and would not have found the place on our own. Thanks for a wonderful and memorable stay.
Thanks, you apre welcome necropoli time
Un superbe appartement vénitien
Merveilleusement situé proche de la gare et des grands musées cet appartement est très propre et très bien rénové. Il est très calme et à la fois proche des aires touristiques. Les propriétaires connaissent bien Venise et vous donneront pleins de bons conseils.
- The Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, usually just called I Frari, is one of the main churches in Venice. It stands on the Campo dei Frari, 200 m from our apartment and has many works of art including some of Titian.
- The Scuola Grande de San Rocco was one of the richest Scuole of Venice, a prestigious institution recognised by the Council of Ten which role was to fight against the plague epidemics and to help the population. Inside, there are many marble sculptures and exceptional woodworks but above all, the famous Tintoretto’s collection of paintings about life, passion and death of Jesus that made it deserve the surname of “Venetian Sistine Chapel”. It is 500 m from the house.
- The Palazzo Grassi is one of the most important palaces built in Venice during the 18th century in the heart of the town by the Grand Canal. Since 2005, it is the property of the French billionaire, François Pinault who transformed it into a museum to house its foundation and its famous modern art and contemporary collection. The palace is 800 m from the house.
- The Museo di Storia Natural is located in a very beautiful palace built during the 13th century and rebuilt in 1860. It houses the interesting collection of the Venetian naturalists and scientists. It is less than 1 km from the apartment.
- Ca' Pesaro is an important Baroque palace on the Grand Canal. It is now the Modern Art Museum of the town of Venice and has, among other things, works of Klimt (Salomé), Chagall, Kandinsky, Klee, Rouault, Matisse, Moore, Morandi, De Chirico and Boccioni as well as an important collection of oriental items. It is 1 km from the apartment.
- Ca' Rezzonico is a monumental palace located on the Grand Canal. It houses the Museum of Decorative Arts of the 18th Venetian century. You will find unique works of prestigious artists such as frescos of Giandomenico Tiepolo, paintings of Guardi, Longhi, etc. A collection of furniture, Venice glasses and pieces of porcelain complete this glimpse of the Venetian ostentation and refinement. The palace is less than 1 km.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Si vous êtes un artiste photographe visitant ou exposant dans le cadre de la Biennale de Venise. Nous étudions volontiers un échange d'une oeuvre contre un séjour dans notre appartement. N'hésitez pas à nous contacter. If you are a photographer or artist visiting exhibitor in the context of the Venice Biennale. We will be happy to exchange a work against a stay in our apartment. Do not hesitate to contact us.