Cottage, 6 Bedrooms + Sleeping Porch, 3 Baths, (Sleeps 10)
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Great old painted lady of TI PARK. Owner a real great guy. Only downside is an old kitchen, but you do work around it. Sitting on porch watching the river roll by...priceless.
We had a great family vacation at this beautiful home! The front porch held many beautiful sunsets and quiet morning breakfasts! The breeze on the porch was fabulous! Our family has many happy memories and will return there! The owners were very easy to work with! The home was neat, clean, and very welcoming!
We were pleasantly surprised with this lovely Victorian on the St. Lawrence in a kid friendly community. This was our fourth year on the river and the first where we could all be together. Docking access for our boat made the site. We found the kitchen fully equipped with everything but a dishwasher. We all took turns with this task. Sleeping arrangements were more than adequate and the place was clean when we arrived. The owners were supportive especially when the temp reached triple digits. The porch is definitely one of its finest assets and we had several ladder ball tournaments on the front lawn. We appreciated the traditional decor. We all look forward to returning next summer for our second family reunion in Thousand Island Park.
We stayed at this cottage summer of 2011. We had several family and friends renting in the park and ended up using this cottage almost exclusively. Much to the surprise of our guests (not the owners) we decided to use this home to host a wedding. We shared this cottage with my brother's family and found ample space to gather as well as find privacy. The river views and sunsets were just magical. Everything was perfect and all generations couldn't have had a better time. Absolutely no complaints! The best part of this rental is however, the owners. They went above and beyond to meet our needs and make sure we had everything we needed. They were kind and truly wanted us to have a great time enjoying their cherished home.
Too Bad People Complain... Not Accurate
I live in Las Vegas, Nv now. Grew up in upstate NY and had the pleasure of spending the week of 7/16/11 through 7/23/11. This beautiful camp on the water made for some spectacular memories for all of my family who stayed. The community was beautiful and the owners of our camp were very accomodating as well as clear about the rules at their camp. We have spent four consecutive summers renting camps on the St. Lawrence and this was the first summer we could all stay together. I read a review that wasn't kind at all about this camp and its owners, the people who wrote it did not give an accurate description of what to expect from the accomadations nor its owners. Granted it was a hot summer, we had come prepared with fans for the bedrooms (ps bring them they will come in handy), however a "camp" on the St. Lawrence needs no air conditioning... If you are looking for a beautiful camp with stunning views and breathtaking sunsets, a porch overlooking the water, and an amazing family experience then this is your place!
No airconditioning No Updates
This is a beautiful OLD Cottage with one downstairs shower and one downstairs bedroom. There are 5 bedrooms upstairs and two old tubs up stairs in bathrooms.
We came in during the three digit heat wave from Maryland and found the house muggy The owner assured us it cooled off at night but we bought fans for our rooms. With no ceiling fans and a still night it would have made for a bad night without them.
The nights did cool off later but we used the fans most of the time.
The beds are very old and uncomfortable as was the huge hard pillows.
This home has one tv downstairs none upstairs.
The thing that brought us all togethor was the amazing porch which over looked the lake. Each night we would hang out there having cocktails and just enjoying the night air.
There are many other cottages to choose from with air and ceiling fans. The Kitchen is one from the past like you remember as a kid with old appliances and you are the dishwasher! The kitchen table is about to fall apart .
Trash was a major issue for our family of 9 . I saw the other cottages getting garbage P/up in front of their homes. Not us ! Our Owner has you to haul it yourself.
It is such a shame this owner takes no interest in this home. Outdated electric cords hung through out the home like spider webs . Oh, the spider webs !!! A powerwash would have made such a big difference outside and on the porch.
The formal dining room is very pretty and we used it once . There is an old non working huge piano in the sitting room taking up space . The only room where the kids could watch t.v..
If you are looking for comfort and freshness this is not your place! If you don't mind the toliet seat falling off when you sit down ( Upstairs first bath ) and a house that has not been updated in 80 years , you will learn to enjoy the front porch as we did .
WOW! Retailation for having been corrected them on Parking on our neighbor's property during thier stay!
They arrived Disgruntled after a two day trip - during a heat wave! WE will address their complaints:
1) There is a ceiling fan in downstairs bedroom, plus two portable fans are available. Large double doors open wide into a River View and breeze. I have reviewed all 18 listings on The Park and 5 others listed as Wellesley, there is no mention of any of these cottages having Air Conditioning. One mentions paddle fans.
2) Most of the mattresses are new with in two or three yrs. The sizes are spelled out on the web page. The frames are antique, but in good shape.
3) There are two TVs with full cable and one with DVR. WIFI is in cottage.
4) Kitchen table comfortably holds six.....9 people easily fit in the dining room approx 20 ft away.
5) All the cottages at T.I. Park have garbage pick up on Monday. The cleaners deal with the garbage on Sat. so it is a clean start when the travelers arrive. There are four Large Garbage Cans in the car port. I explained the option of taking excess garbage to the Dumpsters proivided by the Park. These travelers left a 55 gal. contractor bag - that took 2 people to lift in the laundry room. (3 of the Garbage cans were unused)
6) All wiring has been reviewed in the past three yrs, there are some extenstion cords in use. all are modern and UL APPROVED!
7) This is a Victorian House on an Island.....the porch is Cleaned on Sat. prior to the arrival of the Guests
8) The Living Room is very large (seating for 9 + a window seat) That was my Grandmother's Piano....we like it!
9) The living room has a flat screen TV but if it's an issue the kids can watch the OTHER flat screen in the Kitchen.
10) The solid wood toilet seat that they broke had three brass screws snapped off. Who know what they did, but it is fixed. While they were enjoying all their Coctails on the porch - they also broke the railing .....its also is fixed.
11) The House is a Period Piece on the National Register of Historic Landmarks. It has regular maintance, with care being taken to preserve its Character including the two claw footed bath tubs. The are clean to the highest standards each Sat. before our guests arrive!
12) Oh and the poor pillows.......they were Brand New - 10 of them......no one had ever layed his head on them - we are sorry if they were too large!
On the Park within walking distance there is story hour for two age groups, softball, tennis courts with youth lessons and soccer several times a week. There is a large playgound with swings and slides. You can walk to Church on Sunday for inter-denominational services and Roman Catholic Mass, movies three nights a week, elegant dining and cozy bar and music, ice cream shop and grocery store. Nearby there are great golf courses, boat and kayak rentals, fishing guides, island boat tours and Minna C. Anthony Nature Center with hiking trails. Minutes to the Canadian border with gaming. If going to Canada, you need passports and letters of permission from parents of minor children to cross the border.