In panoramic position, the Hermitage of Montevergine, the first settlement in the area dating from the early 1700s, dominates the beach of San Francesco, which is about 100 meters from the entrance next to the Church of San Francesco.
The unique location, just two kilometers from the center of Forio, in an exclusive resort, considered to be a residential area with luxury villas and hotels, served by restaurants, bars and supermarkets, making it ideal location for those who want to live a vacation completely immersed in Ischitana particular atmosphere made of nature, relaxation and fun, while enjoying absolute quiet.
Nearby is the wood of Zaro with the villa "la Colombaia" which belonged to the director Luchino Visconti and now home to a cultural foundation that deals with Cinema and Entertainment. In the same forest it is a place of worship dedicated to Our Lady of Zaro, while a few steps from the Hermitage you can visit the famous "Gardens of Mortella", considered among the top ten most beautiful gardens in Europe.
From the square in front of the church of San Francesco di Paola, through a wrought iron gate, you enter the hermitage. A long covered patio that is home to an ancient well, bordered by long, beautiful arches, door widening in a patio discovered an irregular shape, the grand staircase with classical motifs piperno.
From the grand staircase the large, bright entrance leads into the main part of the Hermitage, the Petrea apartment, once the home of an English noblewoman manor of the early '900, located at the center of the apartments as the pistil of a flower in the center of the petals. Exposure to the west of the Hermitage, allows you to admire the beautiful sunsets from almost all apartments and on the horizon the outline of the island of Ventotene. The exact moment of sunset and in particular climatic conditions, you can see "the sun, just disappeared, frolic, fun, launch a tender twist, haunting, fleeting: it is THE GREEN RAY".
The Hermitage of Montevergine offers its guests 7 exclusive accommodations, with their characteristic names: Petrea (# 1679791), Galatea (# 1662493), Calipso (# 6815633), Nesea (# 6938623), Teti (# 1661795), Actea (# 1380689) and Seaview Dome. The apartments of different sizes and fittings, can accommodate a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 6 people
Each apartment is renovated and furnished, it has a kitchenette with fully equipped kitchen, satellite TV, wifi, air conditioning and private parking.
Petrea, whose name comes from Greek mythology and means "source of" rocks, is located in the oldest part of the Hermitage and is ideal for a family or a group of friends.
The apartment has access from both the adjacent gate the Church of San Francesco, through a large communal courtyard with its beautiful palm trees, both from the upper garden terrace and with different viewpoints, with another access from the street.
Is composed by:
- A spacious master bedroom, with old wooden beams and fireplace, full bathroom, part of the original settlement of the eighteenth century structure. The room, connected to the apartment, also has separate access via door / window from the upper garden, which overlooks
- A master bedroom with a double bed and bathroom with panoramic French
- A third bedroom with twin / double bed called "hermit's cell" also with a full bathroom, with a window, the origin of the Hermitage, more than two centuries ago, looked out onto a loggia; over time, with the expansion of the house, it has become a particularly bright and overlooking the panoramic entrance
- Fourth full bath in the hall Service
- A spacious indoor kitchen
- A large entrance hall and a large living room of 150 square meters and panoramic views over the Bay of San Francesco, with adjoining terrace level covered with arches, of 40 square meters, perfectly livable in all seasons, from which to admire the sea, the beautiful sunsets on the horizon, the island of Ventotene profile. The salon level terrace is located at the flyover coverage, unpredictable but very valuable architectural interpretation of the previous English owner, who wanted to design it in person to the last century. A wrought iron balcony, also designed by the previous owner, surmounts the entrance gate, harmonious proportioning the facade.
For complete relaxation Petrea has a further private sun terrace, with access from the entrance stairway and overlooking the beautiful Bay of San Francesco, equipped with beds and mini SPA.
Finally the apartment can enjoy a large garden with old trees, terraces and a courtyard, shared with the other apartments of the structure.
Petrea is therefore a large apartment, 250 square meters and more external, to be discovered, with an availability of six beds and four bathrooms, ideal for spending your vacation in the company of relatives and friends, or for events.
The described apartment has been renovated with works completed in the spring of 2015 with the help of architect of Interior Giuliano Andrea Grape, with some "special" choices of use of living spaces in line with the desire not to Properties further modify the original structure of the house is well in line with changing needs of use receptive structure. In the embodiment it has been widely used modern materials such as resin, Design lights and special paints together with traditional materials such as iron worked by hand in a very simple and common glass.
The result of the restructuring was photographed and published on some international furniture magazines.