|Minimum Stay||4 - 5 nights|
This walkout efficiency is in the basement of a log house on 16 acres & overlooks over 800 acres of conservation farm land. It is 5 miles to Leesburg & not far from Northern Virginia or the big cities of Washington, DC (45 mi.) and Baltimore, MD (80 mi.).
Many people, visiting or here on business for a short duration, have found this to be convenient to many local businesses as well as those in Northern VA. It is also well situated for those needing temporary residence while seeking permanent housing in the area. This cozy apartment has a living room/queen bedroom area, divided by a screen, a large eat-in kitchen area & a separate bathroom. There is also a nice side yard area to relax in. Some of the furnishings include a nice sized desk, couch & a couple of dressers. The kitchen is equipped w/ a refrigerator, microwave, convection oven, coffee maker, toaster, blender and a single burner. All bowls, pot with lid, casserole dishes, etc. needed for cooking are supplied as well as glasses, dishes & utensils.
If you pay directly through VRBO, you will also be agreeing to the contract terms below as well as the Internet agreement, which is after the contract. IF you pay directly to me, these forms would be signed by you, copied and sent back. This is important information for guests to understand and agree with.
1. Rentals are for predetermined guest accommodations only.
2. Any person booking a rental must be over twenty-five years old and accept full responsibility for other guest or that person must have other person/guest sign these terms and give their personal contact information before these terms will be accepted by the Owner.
3. Bookings must be made by telephone/email and shall be considered confirmed after this contract is signed by all/a renter(s), and the total rental payment, loss and damage deposit are received by Owner/representative. By signing this contract, guest also accepts and will comply with the Welcome note information and all emails between owner and guest(s).
4. The number or limit of occupants or guests must be agreed upon at time of booking and may not exceed 2 person for a sleep-over unless agreed upon by Owner.
5. If bookings are cancelled by you or your representative, all or a portion of the rental fee will be kept if the house cannot be re-rented; the Good Care deposit will be returned, less a $100.00 handling fee AND any bank or PayPal fees.
6 The Owner, or representatives, may have access at any time to the property for any reason.
7. Pets are not allowed on the property. The loss and damage deposit will not be returned if pets are on property.
8. No hunting, fires, cooking fires, smoking, vaping, snuff, etc. is allowed inside or on the property. The loss and damage deposit will not be returned if any of these occur, with possible immediate eviction and termination of stay.
9. Owner will not be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal property.
10. Owner will not be held responsible for any illnesses or injuries sustained by you or your guests.
11. All noise must be kept at a volume that will not disturb neighbors; disturbance of others will terminate the rental and there will be no refunds.
12. Limited wireless internet is available for guests who bring their own laptops, only use the prescribed MB usage, use the system lawfully and at their own risk. The usage allowance and password will be made known by the time of occupancy. Using more MB than granted will result in a fee being retained from the security/damage deposit. (See separate policy.)
13. It is the Tenant’s responsibility to report to the Owner on the arrival day any damages found or any repairs required at that property. Otherwise, the property will be deemed to be in satisfactory condition and accepted for the stay.
14. All items on and within the property, including all furniture and art, are inventoried and appraised; the loss and damage deposit will not be returned if anything is missing or damaged.
15. Tenant agrees to be held responsible for any repairs, replacements or excessive cleaning necessary due to Tenants or their guest’s negligence. If costs exceed Good Care deposit, Tenant agrees to reimburse owner within ten (10) days of receiving itemized sum of cost of damages from owner, which amount shall include collection costs, if necessary, and reasonable attorney’s fees.
16. If all property and contents are left in the condition it was in at the beginning of your stay and there are no additional charges or fees, the Owner will return the Good Care deposit to Tenant within 21 days.
17. Tenant may park 1 vehicle in circle of driveway close to the large stones that define the walkway to the efficiency.
18. There will be no refund given for inoperable appliances, malfunctioning mechanical systems and faulty equipment, including HVAC systems. We will make every effort to correct all problems as soon as reasonably possible.
No refunds will be given for storms or disruption of any utility. There will be no refund for other natural occurrences such as weather, Acts of God, plants, bugs or animals that may affect guests allergies or comfort; the owner cannot control the environment.
For privacy reasons, the exact address will be given out a few days prior to arrival. There are no keys needed for entry; a code will be supplied on the afternoon of the first day of this rental term.
21. Check-in time is 4:00 PM on the day of arrival and check-out time is 11:00 AM on the day of departure. Special arrangements may be possible if agreed upon in advance with the Owner. Without written agreement, a portion of the damage/loss deposit will be deducted for the additional time
22. ANY exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
By your 100% payment or by signing these and the INTERNET terms (separate document), I (we) agree to abide by the above Rental Terms along with all email correspondence with owner and the Welcome note I receive by email and upon arrival; if any of the above mentioned are not adhered to I (we) understand that the Owner has the right to charge additional fees and/or may force the Tenant(s) to leave the premises.
INTERNET USE AGREEMENT:
After a few years of onsite meetings with internet providers and searching for a way to provide internet service to the log house (cable was unavailable and dialup too slow) we found the Verizon’s MiFi to work and have now upgraded to a Verizon modem/router combination. The unit is located in the basement, immediately to the left, inside the storage area under the stairs, with directions attached.
The only drawback is a usage limit of 6GB per month. Therefore this service is NOT appropriate for internet gaming or large downloads such as video or audio files. However, this should be more than enough MB’s to check email, Facebook and for simple Google searches for local activities, restaurants, addresses, directions, etc.
The maximum amount of fair usage for each rental term is 100MB/day; that is the same amount wether there is one person or six! Guests who exceed their total allowance will be depriving other guests of their share of the monthly allowance and will be charged $.20/MB from their Good Care deposit. You can monitor your use at sign in using the user name: 1loghouseva and password 1loghouse; next to “My Usage” click on “View Usage Details”. This is NOT a super fast internet service and should be turned off when not in use or at least nightly; also eliminating any mystery usage. (There is free internet at McDonald’s, Starbucks & Panera Bread, all in Leesburg.)
Please understand that the usual rules apply as for any public computer:
This service is not to be used for any illegal purpose.
We are not responsible for any harm that may come to your computer as a result of using the service we provide to our guests.
Service is not guaranteed.
We are not technicians and cannot help you with your computer.
The router must not be removed from its location (in the basement, immediately to the left, in a storage area under the stairs); the Good Care deposit will not be returned if it, the lock or it’s protective plastic box have been disturbed or tampered with. Please also be sure to NOT lock the door to the storage area under the stairs.
All references in the main contract to “items”, “property” or “equipment” include the router.
NEED A LARGER SPACE?? --- loghouserental-va dot com might be a great spot for you!
Need a larger space?: loghouserental-va dot com might be a great spot for you!
Kathleen Pearson purchased this apartment in 2005
Location/location/location! We fell in love with this property and built the log house with this efficiency below the master bedroom/walk-in closet/bathroom area thinking a long-term resident would be advisable but soon realized the greater benefit it would bring to many others if they had a chance to see and be a part of this lovely area.
Not only DC and Baltimore, but the Shenandoah National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway are lovely all year round and within easy driving distance. A favorite 'new' attraction to the area is the Udvar-Hazey Center (part of the Air & Space Museum), but advanced reservations are recommended for that! If you wish to visit DC, the Park and Ride is about 40-45 minutes away.
There is so much good storage in the efficiency. Folks can fully unpack and don't have to live out of a suitcase. It was delightful to be clutter free and comfortable.
The efficiency is well supplied. All we had to bring in was food, laundry detergent, and linens (although linens are available if needed). The owner was responsive and helpful.
Bring a flashlight.
I have stayed in the studio for 3-months while working in the area. The efficiency is secluded away from major roads but still only a 10-minute drive to historic downtown Leesburg, outlet mall, and shopping and restaurants. The area is beautiful; there were more than one occasion where a fawn strolled pass the front door. There are also many wineries in the area and windy roads that are great for biking. Overall, a lovely stay that does not break the budget!
The Property was nice, BUGS in apt, she obviously KNEW, has a vac just for them, no mention, tho...got in my nose at night... furniture was OK, bed not great, pillows HORRID. 1 washcloth for each of us, stayed 10 days...so plan on your own! INTERNET FIASCO ...NO password, so hackers can get in easily, AND owner left her I pad in common room - ON!(took us many days to notice it) We were gone every day, most all day...charged us over 160.00 EXTRA for internet...MANY unpleasant exchanges with her over it...do NOT count on getting deposit back, she even said we left it VERY clean, but kept it all...great location, lovely setting...awful owner, AND STINK BUGS!
This efficiency was a great place for us to launch visits with family and friends from Romney, WV to Bowie MD and from Front Royal VA to Harrisburg PA, as well as a trip into Washington, D.C. We lived in the D.C. area for a long time so we knew this location would work well for this visit. This was my first experience with HomeAway. The property listing was accurate. It was clean and well-maintained and the owner was very responsive and fair to deal with. I would like to stay here again if I were in the area and recommend it to others.
Some minor inconveniences: I was confused about how to track my share of Internet usage because the Web site for doing so seemed to give conflicting information. I probably curtailed my usage probably more than necessary to avoid going over my allotment. Another thing was that the kitchen closet doors were locked. I didn't realize they were supposed to be available to me and didn't ask for them to opened, although the owner had arranged to unlock the door to access the Internet connection. Another thing: I arrived at night. A light was on as promised, but I was a little surprised to find the path down the hill, the height of the basement of the home, to be made of large, stable but very irregular stones like those pictured by the entrance. If you are not sure on your feet, this could be a challenge and you won't be rolling your luggage to the door. Still, these concerns were minor in context and did not dampen my enthusiasm for this property. I would much prefer to stay here than any hotel under similar circumstances.
We enjoyed our week at this peaceful, quiet location. The rolling hills were a lovely sight and leaves gradually turning red, orange and yellow during the week were beautiful. The accomodations were comfortable, clean, well-equipped, and conveniently close to Dulles Airport. It was a pleasure to drive "home" every evening from our explorations and be greeted by deer, rabbits and dark romantic starry skies especially after busy traffic-filled days in Washington DC. We like driving (had a rented convertible) so also took day trips to Baltimore MD, Silver Spring MD, Charlottesville VA for Jefferson's Monticello home, the amazing Luray Caverns, and several historic parks and home tours in the surrounding area. We sampled a few local restaurants in Leesburg on King St, and enjoyed the historic architecture of the buildings in town and everywhere we went. It was very different from where we live, and that made it a unique and memorable vacation for us. We definitely recommend this place. Thanks for sharing your place with us!
The efficiency is part of a big house in the midst of beautiful surroundings. The atmosphere of the location is truly magnificent. Every morning there were squirrels and deer in the backyard.
The interior of the efficiency is basic, but very well maintained, all that one needs is there. The utility room wasn't finished yet, but washer and dryer were installed.
Down Town Leesburg was only minutes away.
The whole payment transaction went through mail. We never met the owner in person, not when we arrived nor when we checked out. After we left the apartment in the same mint condition we found it in, ten days later we got an e-mail stating that we supposedly left the door open and that the place was a mess. Until this day we are waiting on a refund of our deposit. Several e-mails could not help to solve this situation.
After a wonderful stay at the efficiency, it was a dissapointing ending.
I stayed in the apartment with my girlfriend in November 2008. It was clean and had everything necessary for 2 people. Whilst Hamilton is small the seafood restaurant was excellent and well worth the visit. Nearby Leesburg and Purcelville cater for shopping and there is an excellent outlet mall in Leesburg. It is only a short drive to Dulles and the surrounding countryside is lovely. The only downside was the length of time commuting to Northern Virginia e.g Arlington (up to 90 minutes) but other than that - just perfect!!!
This apartment is roughly 17 miles to Dulles and 45 to Washington, DC; it's between Hamilton & Leesburg, VA; both cities have shops & attractive sites all within walking distance of their downtown area. Just outside of Leesburg is Leesburg Corner Outlet with great, popular discount stores. There are many historical buildings in the county; one, just south, is Oatlands Plantation & offers tours most of the year. Luray Caverns & Charles Town Races are within an easy drive too. The Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority owns & operates many parks in the area, some with golf courses, pools, farm demonstrations, corn maize & all sorts of recreational activities. White's Ferry can take you across the Potomac River to Maryland & Civil War history abounds in Loudoun Co with the largest engagement taking place at Ball's Bluff. For a more physical or mental challenge there are the newly renovated Ida Lee Park & Recreational Center & the Rust Library, conveniently located next to each other & offer many varied activities.
|Refundable damage deposit||$150|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed with 100% payment. If you pay directly through VRBO, you will also be agreeing to the Contract term, Internet agreement (listed earlier) and Welcome note, below.
WELCOME NOTE (on small glass table, also)
NO key - a code is given on the first afternoon of visit. Please lock doors when leaving; double check exterior doors, please.
Lights for kitchen – are behind the microwave.
Food – Please serve and/or consume food in the kitchen area. Food stains are considered “excessive cleaning” and would incur a fee subtracted from your Good Care deposit.
Bed – is made up, towels in the bathroom. When departing, please leave sheets and blanket, etc. pulled up on bed and towels hung in the bathroom.
Paddle fan – is adjusted on the wall near interior door, please leave ON LOW when departing.
HOT H2O – please walk to the other end of the basement; in the utility room, turn on the apartment/efficiency hot water heater breaker (right box). Turn off before leaving at the end of your rental term (unless there are guests in the main house).
A/C or HEAT – when you leave, put on 55° of heat and 80° for AC.
Trash – is picked up on Friday morning; please put all trash into plastic bags and then discard those smaller bags into the trash can under the side door landing on the other side of the house. NO LOOSE GARBAGE IN CAN or they might not dump it. This is considered “excessive cleaning” and would incur a fee subtracted from your Good Care deposit.
“EXCESSIVE CLEANING”: ANY kitchenware (utensils, pots/pans, china, beverage containers, etc.) left with food on them, furniture with food stains, food/beverage left on floors - inside or out, washcloths, towels, etc., used for makeup removal, shoe/boot cleaning, spot removal, etc. AND loose trash in trash containers.
Please do not leave metal clothes hangers and take ours; they are not an “even exchange”.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.