***** ONLY AVAILABLE WITH RENTAL OF MAIN HOUSE ABOVE *****
This walkout efficiency is in the basement of a log house on 16 acres & overlooks over 800 acres of conservation farm land. It is 5 miles to Leesburg & not far from Northern Virginia or the big cities of Washington, DC (45 mi.) and Baltimore, MD (80 mi.).
Many people, visiting or here on business for a short duration, have found this to be convenient to many local businesses as well as those in Northern VA. It is also well situated for those needing temporary residence while seeking permanent housing in the area. This cozy apartment has a living room/queen bedroom area, divided by a screen, a large eat-in kitchen area & a separate bathroom. There is also a nice side yard area to relax in. Some of the furnishings include a nice sized desk, couch & a couple of dressers. The kitchen is equipped w/ a refrigerator, microwave, convection oven, coffee maker, toaster, blender and a single burner. All bowls, pot with lid, casserole dishes, etc. needed for cooking are supplied as well as glasses, dishes & utensils.
1. Rentals are for predetermined guest accommodations only.
2. Any person booking a rental must be over twenty-five years old and accept full responsibility for other guest or that person must have other person/guest sign these terms and give their personal contact information before these terms will be accepted by the Owner.
3. Bookings must be made by telephone/email and shall be considered confirmed after this contract is signed by all/a renter(s), and the total rental payment, loss and damage deposit are received by Owner/representative. By signing this contract, guest also accepts and will comply with the Welcome note information and all emails between owner and guest(s).
4. The number or limit of occupants or guests must be agreed upon at time of booking and may not exceed 2 person for a sleep-over unless agreed upon by Owner.
5. If bookings are cancelled by you or your representative, all or a portion of the rental fee will be kept if the house cannot be re-rented; the Good Care deposit will be returned, less a $100.00 handling fee AND any bank or PayPal fees.
6 The Owner, or representatives, may have access at any time to the property for any reason.
7. Pets are not allowed on the property. The loss and damage deposit will not be returned if pets are on property.
8. No hunting, fires, cooking fires, smoking, vaping, snuff, etc. is allowed inside or on the property. The loss and damage deposit will not be returned if any of these occur, with possible immediate eviction and termination of stay.
9. Owner will not be held responsible for loss or damage to your personal property.
10. Owner will not be held responsible for any illnesses or injuries sustained by you or your guests.
11. All noise must be kept at a volume that will not disturb neighbors; disturbance of others will terminate the rental and there will be no refunds.
12. Limited wireless internet is available for guests who bring their own laptops, only use the prescribed MB usage, use the system lawfully and at their own risk. The usage allowance and password will be made known by the time of occupancy. Using more MB than granted will result in a fee being retained from the security/damage deposit. (See separate policy.)
13. It is the Tenant’s responsibility to report to the Owner on the arrival day any damages found or any repairs required at that property. Otherwise, the property will be deemed to be in satisfactory condition and accepted for the stay.
14. All items on and within the property, including all furniture and art, are inventoried and appraised; the loss and damage deposit will not be returned if anything is missing or damaged.
15. Tenant agrees to be held responsible for any repairs, replacements or excessive cleaning necessary due to Tenants or their guest’s negligence. If costs exceed Good Care deposit, Tenant agrees to reimburse owner within ten (10) days of receiving itemized sum of cost of damages from owner, which amount shall include collection costs, if necessary, and reasonable attorney’s fees.
16. If all property and contents are left in the condition it was in at the beginning of your stay and there are no additional charges or fees, the Owner will return the Good Care deposit to Tenant within 21 days.
17. Tenant may park 1 vehicle in circle of driveway close to the large stones that define the walkway to the efficiency.
18. There will be no refund given for inoperable appliances, malfunctioning mechanical systems and faulty equipment, including HVAC systems. We will make every effort to correct all problems as soon as reasonably possible.
No refunds will be given for storms or disruption of any utility. There will be no refund for other natural occurrences such as weather, Acts of God, plants, bugs or animals that may affect guests allergies or comfort; the owner cannot control the environment.
For privacy reasons, the exact address will be given out a few days prior to arrival. There are no keys needed for entry; a code will be supplied on the afternoon of the first day of this rental term.
21. Check-in time is 4:00 PM on the day of arrival and check-out time is 11:00 AM on the day of departure. Special arrangements may be possible if agreed upon in advance with the Owner. Without written agreement, a portion of the damage/loss deposit will be deducted for the additional time
22. ANY exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
By your 100% payment or by signing these and the INTERNET terms (separate document), I (we) agree to abide by the above Rental Terms along with all email correspondence with owner and the Welcome note I receive by email and upon arrival; if any of the above mentioned are not adhered to I (we) understand that the Owner has the right to charge additional fees and/or may force the Tenant(s) to leave the premises.
INTERNET USE AGREEMENT:
After a few years of onsite meetings with internet providers and searching for a way to provide internet service to the log house (cable was unavailable and dialup too slow) we found the Verizon’s MiFi to work and have now upgraded to a Verizon modem/router combination. The unit is located in the basement, immediately to the left, inside the storage area under the stairs, with directions attached.
The only drawback is a usage limit of 6GB per month. Therefore this service is NOT appropriate for internet gaming or large downloads such as video or audio files. However, this should be more than enough MB’s to check email, Facebook and for simple Google searches for local activities, restaurants, addresses, directions, etc.
The maximum amount of fair usage for each rental term is 100MB/day; that is the same amount wether there is one person or six! Guests who exceed their total allowance will be depriving other guests of their share of the monthly allowance and will be charged $.20/MB from their Good Care deposit. You can monitor your use at sign in using the user name: 1loghouseva and password 1loghouse; next to “My Usage” click on “View Usage Details”. This is NOT a super fast internet service and should be turned off when not in use or at least nightly; also eliminating any mystery usage. (There is free internet at McDonald’s, Starbucks & Panera Bread, all in Leesburg.)
Please understand that the usual rules apply as for any public computer:
This service is not to be used for any illegal purpose.
We are not responsible for any harm that may come to your computer as a result of using the service we provide to our guests.
Service is not guaranteed.
We are not technicians and cannot help you with your computer.
The router must not be removed from its location (in the basement, immediately to the left, in a storage area under the stairs); the Good Care deposit will not be returned if it, the lock or it’s protective plastic box have been disturbed or tampered with. Please also be sure to NOT lock the door to the storage area under the stairs.
All references in the main contract to “items”, “property” or “equipment” include the router.