2 bedroom, 2 bath, sleeps 4-6
- english, french, german
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Wonderful house, spacious, open, clean, all the amenities we needed.
The house was lovely. Great view of Darnley basin. Wonderful breezes all the time. Very well maintained.
Lovely home away from home
This is a wonderful place to arrive after a long day of travel. It's big, clean, well decorated and has everything we needed and more. The property is huge which meant lots of room for family baseball games, soccer and the like. The view over the Darnley Basin is so peaceful and the sunsets are beautiful.
The waterfront, a two minute walk away, is not for swimming but perhaps just shell seeking. But the Twin Shores Beach. a great place to swim, is just a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute bike ride. Perfect for evening beach bonfires and another spectacular sun set perspective.
There is a large mobile home camp ground just up the road. when we first arrived we were a little unsure about this, but quickly realized it was nothing to be concerned about. This is truly a beautiful, quiet little corner of PEI that is located well for easy drives to beaches, restaurants, and other attractions. And the camp ground means there's a general store within walking distance.
Some great local beaches are bikable from the cottage for adults, so my husband would sometimes ride and meet the kids and I at the beach. Plus we saw runners out on the roads every morning, so lots of opportunity for exercise.
Beautiful home in a beautiful location!
This house has everything you would ever need on a vacation. Just pack your clothes! We had a wonderful time walking the beach daily, exploring PEI, swimming, cooking out and more. The house is good sized and perfectly equipped. The beds are very comfortable.
Beautiful beachy cottage with an amazing view.
The cottage is very well equipped. All we needed to do was buy food.
Very comfortable and inviting with decks on all sides so you can enjoy the view of Darnley Basin, watch the birds and eat outdoors.
Darnley basin is a wonderful staging ground for a PEI getaway. The cottage was beautifully well maintained and outfitted. The cottage is minutes away from an amazing beach and close to amenities. The owners were great to deal with. Highly recommended.
Lovely - absolutely lovely!
We found this to be the perfect place to stay for our PEI vacation for the following reasons:
1. Location - the cottage is located on a peninsula that has the ocean on one side and the bay on the other. Darnley Shores a small, well-kept cottage community with a nice waterfront area on the bay in front of the cottage.
2. The cottage - its a beautiful cottage with pretty much every amenity. The furnishings, bedding etc. are clearly of good quality. The cottage feels like more of a well-maintained vacation home than a vocational rental. We felt very much at home!
3. Beaches - we love to go for long beach walks. A couple hundred feet in front of the cottage is the bay beach. This is a red sand beach that is shallower and very safe for small children. If you walk a few minutes toward the ocean, the sand get progressively more light and you get to the grassy dunes area. We liked to swim in the bayin the area just before the channel to the ocean. The bay water is warmer and the sand here is perfect. And you can keep walking for kms around the point all the way to the Profits Point red cliff rock formations. This is a good 30-40 minute walk, but absolutely gorgeous.
4. Area attractions - it was just a short drive to many attractions like Cavendish, Anne of Green Gables locations and more. Grocery shopping is a 10 minute drive to Kensington. And there are restaurants within a short drive as well.
5. The views - the cottage has wrap-around decks with wonderful views from virtually every angle. Our favorite thing was to simply sit on the deck with a drink and enjoy the views.
We had some perfect beach weather for a few days and used this time to enjoy the area beaches. When it was rainy, we drove to Charlottetown (35 mins) and did some sight-seeing. We also went deep sea fishing (New London Bay) and enjoyed that very much.
It was a perfect vacation and we will definitely be back next year!
Located on the popular North Shore of PEI in Anne's Land, Darnley Shores is quiet and private, yet close to all amenities - beaches, bike paths, boating, golfing, recreational facilities, tourism destinations, dining and more. Charlottetown with its festivals and fine dining is just a half hour away. Provincial parks and sea kayaking are in the immediate area.
Other Activities: deep sea fishing, clam digging, pottery shops, sea kayak tours, festivals & ceilidhs, amusement parks
Golf: It's no small feat when Canada's smallest province becomes Canada's Number One Golf Destination, but this tiny province has earned the distinction twice in a row. There are plenty of good reasons of course why the readers of ScoreGolf magazine would choose Prince Edward Island.From the air, Prince Edward Island might appear to be one giant golf course; rolling greens, sand and water traps alternating with woodlots. From there it just gets better. Plan your vacation around the more than 26 Island courses, keeping in mind that, for real golf fans, it is possible to play more than one course per day. But for those who want to kick back between golf rounds, remember that Prince Edward Island is the perfect spot!