|Minimum Stay||1 - 4 nights|
Unique Volcanic Stone Farmhouse in the heart of the Aveyron, the land of inspiration. Renovated to incorporate original features with contemporary, comfortable furnishings. the internal design provides areas of privacy both internally and externally with its three individual reception rooms one of which being a games room stocked with games system, board games, dvd collection and library; comfortable bedrooms (two en-suite.) Enjoy all the facilities of our holiday home. The house is equipped with wireless internet. Grounds of an acre with outdoor games for both adults and children provided. Relax and enjoy a glass of wine whilst soaking up the stunning scenery or laze by the private solar heated upgraded pool and sundeck. The grounds are a perfect area for bird watching and also for star gazing in the clear skies at night.
The property is well equipped and comprises:
- Extremely well equipped, fitted, kitchen
- American style fridge freezer
- Induction cooker
- Dining area leading to eating terrace
- BBQ on eating / sitting terrace
- Authentic French Dining furniture (can seat 6 to 12)
- Three living areas: Large kitchen / area with log burning stove and TV, relaxing lounge with log burning stove / music system, games room with separate TV / games system/ board games / library / dart board
- TVs receive UK satellite channels
- Heating in each room for your comfort during the colder months
- 2 King Sized en-suite bedrooms each with own television
- En-suites with shower, toilet and sink
- 2 twin rooms
- 1 bunk room with cot
- Double sofa bed in games room
- Utility room with washer and toilet
- separate upstairs wc
- Fans in each bedroom
- Well equipped, family bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and sink
- Towels and bed linen provided
- Pool towels provided
- Covered eating terrace with wooden dining furniture for 12
- Large, guitar shaped, solar heated swimming pool with Roman steps (available June to September inclusive)
- Over an acre of grounds with mature fruit trees and a wood
- Decking area around the pool with wooden loungers
- Separate eating area on deck with spectacular valley views
- Table tennis table
- Gravelled area for Boule
- Large Drive
- Pretty flower beds throughout the garden
- Forest of Vaysse on the doorstep with walks and abundant wildlife including deer and birds of prey
- An interesting selection of rural walks of varying length from the doorstep
- Arrival basket containing supplies to start off your holiday
- Welcome pack on arrival with home made jams and condiments.
- Swimming pool available from June to September
- WE WELCOME SMALLER PARTIES AND COUPLES. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR SPECIAL LOW PRICES.
- Shorter breaks and weekends can be accommodated, again, contact us for details.
- Possibility of home made three course welcome meal (prepared and ready to pop into the oven on arrival.)
We have designed our holiday home to be a home from home experience to share with our guests and invite you to enjoy all of the home's facilities.
Trois George Sand is just 2 kilometres away from the quaint small town of Cransac with it's thermal spa and mineral spring. It borders on the Forest of Vaysse with its Acacia trees and pretty walks.
The ancient towns of Figeac, Rodez, and Villefranche de Rourgue are all less than a thirty minutes away. In less than a half hour's drive you will also find the Beaux Villages of Belcastel, Conques, Sainte-Eulalie d'Olt, Estaing and St Come d'Olt. The river Lot with its fishing opportunities is just 5 minutes away.
There is plenty to entertain the children in the region with Chateau Colombier and its animals of the region, Micropolis and the amazing Monkey Forest.
A little further away, visit the caves at Padirac, Rocamadour, Dordogne river, Toulouse, and the majestic cite of Carcassonne.
For the more adventurous there is also canoeing and kayaking on the rivers Lot and Aveyron, mountain biking, rafting, hang gliding and rock climbing. The local equestrian centre is just 1 km away. Within half an hours drive you can also visit adventure parks.
Alternatively you can relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the surrounding area whilst sitting on the deck around our beautiful swimming pool.
The Aveyron region is a real must for all francophiles. It is a traditional, rural delight with endless rolling vistas and changing scenery from the dramatic foothills, to the endless plateau, to the spectacular Gorge and rivers. This is truly a snapshot of the real France, a France where time almost appears to standstill.
The region is steeped in history from the prehistoric tribes living in the caves of the limestone plateau to the 100 years war and the settlement of the Knights Templar in the region. The region also boasts more Les Plus Beaux Villages de France than any other, so culture is never very far away.
The region is proud of traditional regional products of impeccable quality which feature in its unique cuisine. Sample traditional Aveyron dishes including aligot, le Laguiole, la fouace, Aubrac beef, foie gras, tripous, confits, stuffed cabbage, Estofinado, thrush pâté with goose liver, lamb, feuilleté au roquefort, ewes' curds and the inevitable Roquefort accompanied by wines from Marcillac, Estaing or d'Entraygues.
In Aveyron, a meal is not a meal without a traditional patisserie: Fouace cake flavoured with orange-flower water, almond croquants, échaudés à l'anis, Gateau a la broche (a cone-shaped cake cooked for several hours on a stick by the fire). Followed by a liqueur or eau-de-vie brandy (walnut, quince or plum) to conclude the meal.
We recommend some eating at Auberge du Fort in Aubin to get a true flavour of the Aveyron.
Nous avons séjourner dans cette maison 1 semaine pour les fêtes de fin d'année 6 couples d'amis. La maison est très jolie tout en pierres avec le cachet de l'ancien. Depuis la terrasse la vue est magnifique et nous avons pu cet hiver clément apprécier les couchers de soleil. La maison est confortable très bien entretenue. Les lits étaient faits à notre arrivée, la maison chauffée, un sapin ornait le salon et du bois était prêt pour préparer le feu dans les 2 poêles de la maison. Le wifi fonctionnait très bien seul inconvénient sur la télé on ne reçoit que les chaînes anglaises mais nous n'étions pas là pour ça mais pour visiter les beaux villages de Conques Najac ... Une voiture est nécessaire les premières boutiques sont à 6 km et l'endroit est vallonné. Je recommande cette location même l'été car il y a une jolie piscine sécurisée pour les jeunes enfants.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable damage deposit||$709|
Guests are required to clean the kitchen, including emptying bins, an extra cleaning charge for this can be arranged prior to arrival. Welcome meal can be booked and has an extra charge.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.