|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Il Borghettino is a completely restored rural hamlet in which the two holidays homes are situated. They consist in a portion of the old farm living quarters and ex-barn, both very comfortable and spacious. 90 meters each, with the capacity of 4+1 and 3+1 persons(with plus one we mean child under 12).
The hamlet is situated in a happy position, geographically. At only a five minute walk from the San Gimignano centre it is immersed in the tranquillity of country life.
(Barn in English) at one time used for storing hay and sheltering animals, today converted into a splendid independent residence, completely restored, on two floors covering 70 square metres, furbished with a double entrance with glass doors allowing guests to enjoy a wonderful view from the house. The large windows with characteristic grill give the rooms a very good light. The upper floor has two bedrooms: one with a double bed and the other with a bunk-bed. The day-time area on the ground floor consist of a kitchen with a our ring cooker, refrigerator, freezer, toaster and all necessary cooking equipment. Opposite the kitchen area there is a large meal-table surrounded by a bench built into the wall and four chairs. The bathroom with a wide shower cubicle is preceded by an area with a large cupboard. Below the entrance gallery we have an are for relaxation with a sofa and sat.
I'm 45, I have two children, Sara 10 and Duccio 7 years old. I will be to the house from June to September all the time you will be there and in the other times you can find there my parents in low. We will be happy to give to you all the help you may need.
Looking forward to see you!
Roberta Falchini purchased this house in 2014
Il Borghettino was buoyed from my father in the 1960 and few years ago we have restructured everything, so....looking how is nice.....why not a holiday house.....
is quiet, comfortable, clean, easy to use, a lot of place for the children. A wonderful pool with a amazing view.
We had the misfortune of staying with Roberta for 2 weeks for our honeymoon (with our 3 month old baby) this August; we left a week early; were made to feel like intruders and were misled by Roberta for not telling us the property was unsuitable for a baby.
1. The Villa is not a 5 minute walk from town. It is 15 minutes up a 45 degree scree slope that is completely unsuitable to walk up or down during the day, let alone evenings in pitch darkness, with a 3 month old baby in a pram. We ended up having to drive into town and pay for parking.
2. The stairs in the villa as you can see from the picture are a vertical, temporary structure that wobbles precariously as you climb it. It was extremely difficult to take luggage up and down the stairs and absolutely not suitable to carry a baby on.
3. The day before we arrived Roberta e-mailed us to say that she was hosting a dinner party for the national holiday and that we were invited to join them for pizza. This seemed like a nice gesture but actually what she really meant was that she was going to have a noisy dinner party, in front of the villa in the courtyard, until midnight, making a huge amount of noise. Not ideal with a baby trying to sleep after 9 hours of driving.
4. They seemed to be constantly undertaking building work throughout the week and one day in particular she decided to have 2-3 builders to prune the trees by the garden for the entire afternoon when we were trying to relax by the pool. Not only was it completely unnecessary to undertake works at that time of day but it was also uncomfortable for the girls sitting by the pool getting stared at all afternoon. Roberta was sitting next to them chatting and joking away. After this (around 17:30) she then decided it was a good idea to chainsaw a massive tree outside the villa for 2 hours whilst we had a screaming baby inside unable to sleep. She gave us a bottle of wine as an apology but it simply said "country life is not always quiet". The day before we left Roberta's husband also decided to undertake further drilling works throughout the estate and then drive his noisy tractor for hours around the grounds.
5. The night before we left she hosted ANOTHER dinner party which went on until 23:30 at night and only told us on the day.
Overall we were made to feel like intruders at the property and that we need to fit in with their schedule or not at all. We left a week early and I would advise avoiding this place like the plague.
We werden door de volledige familie héél gastvrij ontvangen. Ook tijdens ons verblijf werden we discreet geïnformeerd over bepaalde evenementen alsook bezoeken.
De woning zelf is eenvoudig maar bevat alles wat wij verlangen van een vakantie. Op het terras heb je een prachtig uitzicht op de Toscaanse heuvels & het mooie San Gim. Handdoeken en dergelijke waren netjes voorzien / de woning was ook zeer netjes gepoetst.
De weg naar de woning is een kleine uitdaging (onverharde weg die vrij stijl is). Echter de beloning qua rust en uitzicht maakt dit helemaal goed.
Op het domein is er ook een prachtig zwembad waar het heerlijk vertoeven is na een bezoek. Ook fijn dat het zwembad sluit om 20u. Op deze manier heb je gegarandeerd rust.
Op het domein is er nog één andere vakantiewoning. De privacy naar elkaar toe is gegarandeerd.
Vanaf de woning stap je in 10 min tot in het centrum van San Gim. Dat alleen is een fantastische troef! Je verblijft in alle rust en wil je even de gezelligheid opzoeken hoef je enkel 10 min te stappen.
- top - locatie
- heel vriendelijke eigenaars
- prachtig uitzicht
- correcte prijs - kwaliteitverhouding
As soon as we arrived at the cottage and saw the magnificent view of the Tuscan hills knew we'd made the right decision. We were greeted by Roberta and her father-in-law who made us feel very much at home; we met other members of the family throughout the week, including Roberta's lovely children, all of whom were very friendly. Roberta herself was extremely helpful advising us on places to visit, restaurants to try and up-and-coming festivals. It was lovely just to chat with her to learn more about traditions and local history.The villa was spacious, well equipped and very comfortable. The surrounding gardens and grass areas were very well maintained. The swimming was great and a godsend when the temperature rose over 30C. The proximity to the San Gimignano (only 300m up a steep gravel road) enabled us to make the most of all that the town had to offer. All-in-all, I doubt we could have found a more idea villa!
We had a lovely family holiday in this spacious and comfortable villa. It is in an incredibly peaceful setting with fantastic views across the countryside. We had a lovely, friendly reception and the owners were very kind and helpful. Thank you for a lovely holiday.
The Smiths, Glasgow
We were very impressed with the villa, garden and surroundings. The villa was clean, well equipped and spacious. The patio gets sun most of the day and has wonderful views of the Tuscan countryside and up to San Gimignano. Roberta and her family were very welcoming, even bringing us some home baked Tuscan food. The gravel road up to San Gimignano is quite steep in places, but still less than a 10 minute walk to the town walls. A perfect location to explore Tuscany, and close to Poggibonsi where you can easily catch the train to Siena or Florence to avoid driving into the cities. The restaurant (Le Vecchie Mura) that Roberta told us about, was great, especially sitting outside in the courtyard garden.
We had such a wonderful fortnight stay at Il Borghettino. The location is just stunning, set amongst vineyards, olive groves and the rolling Tuscan hillside with the towers of San Gimignano in the background, you can never tire of the views. The setting is very peaceful and rural yet the town is just 5 minutes walk away, albeit up a reasonably steep hill - very hard work in 37 degrees with a double buggy!!! It's perfect if you want the mix of countryside and privacy and being close enough to walk to a town for amenities. We stayed in Girasole - it was clean and had everything we needed and was very cool inside. The gardens were just gorgeous and the grounds were so vast and beautiful it was lovely to stroll around them. The hosts were absolutely charming. Roberta and her family are the kindest and friendliest of families, they really make you feel at home. Not only did Nonna leave us homemade biscuits and cakes regularly, we were also allowed to help ourselves to the figs, plums and wonderful array of herbs growing in the garden. They were really kind to our children and ensured our 2 year old had plenty of toys and entertainment. Thank you for such a lovely holiday - we look forward to returning again one day!
We don't organize cookery courses but if you are interested to learn how to made italian dish we can teach you for free.
How to get there
Florence airport km65
Pisa airport km 73
Roma airport km 304
Milano airport km 345
We have good public transport to the main town Poggibonsi (km15) where you can find the reil station to go where do you prefer.
San Gimignano mt.300
Siena km 50
Firenze km 53
Pisa km 73
Perugia km 75
Arezzo km 120
Lucca km 125
I will be able to explain during your holiday where to go what do to in the time you will be there, festival shops, nice little village and so on.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|CLEANING END OF STAY||$55|
|Refundable damage deposit||$164|
We can never accept payment with credit card. ?All payments excepting those made on the spot in cash will have to be made trough bank transfer orders.
At the moment of booking we require an initial 30% payment for the stay.?We ask for a further bank transfer with the balance 60 days before the start of the holiday. In case of renunciation up to 40 days before the start of the holiday, 50% of the payment made will be reimbursed. From the 39th day up to the day of arrival no refund will be made.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.