Imagine a place quite different from others: you are at the edge of a hamlet of fifteen houses, no more. It overlooks the valley. Everything is calm and quiet. Unless the lumberjacks prepare the winter wood or the deer slab disturbs the autumn evenings ...
You are at Le Petit Chalet, quite exclusive accommodation, in that you are alone there: there is no adjoining, no other tenants and no vis-à-vis does not disturb the magnificent view of the rocky bar called Roc des Boeufs, opposite.
The Petit Chalet is an old and authentic mazot, ie a traditional hay loft in the region. Around, the vegetation of gardens one of which is reserved for you, while the other welcomes you willingly.
The situation - in the opinion of all those who have made us the pleasure of spending a few days here - is ideal: while you live in nature, on the side of the Semnoz, you are at the center of all possibilities, between the Annecy basin and the Aix-les-Bains basin.
Except for wanting to go for a high mountain race, there is no need to make long preparations to organize your day. As everything is within minutes, you can decide according to your mood of the moment: walks, visits, swimming, paragliding, cycling, idleness, your choice ... The possibilities are endless.
Do you want to go north? You inevitably fall on the beautiful Lake Annecy, in a good ten minutes. You can stop there or, for example, take the small coaster boat that will take you to the heart of the old town for a pleasant and informative walk. You can also extend your route to the Aravis Massif and its breathtaking landscapes. You can even, in the day, push to Chamonix ...
Do you decide to go south? A must-see is the summit of Semnoz, with its winter and summer activities. The 360 ° view is simply beautiful. Mont Blanc reveals itself in all its splendor. The bravest can walk there, directly from the Petit Chalet. The others will drive by a pretty little mountain road that will take them just 13 minutes: it is not uncommon to cross a deer, a fox or a badger.
To the east, the hike is a little harder, but remains accessible to all. From the summit of Roc des Bœufs, the view of Lake Annecy is breathtaking.
The west opens on the Bauges Regional Park, still very preserved in its balance between tradition and modernity. You will not have time to browse all the trails that are available to you for a multitude of hikes that have the charm of the protected areas of over-frequentation.
You understand it: at the Petit Chalet, you will not know where to give head and legs. And that's fine: you'll leave with a taste of too little that will probably give you the desire to return sooner or later.
So see you at Le Petit Chalet?
In summary, the highlights:
• In the Massif des Bauges Regional Nature Park, a marvelous region preserved from mass tourism and characterized by its calm and beauty, the chalet is ideally located at the entrance to the Annecy Lake basin.
• Leaned on the eastern flank of the Semnoz mountain, it is in the hamlet of La Touvière. It faces the rock mass called Roc des Boeufs on which it gives a magnificent view. If you are looking for nature, calm and rest, the place is ideal, in any season. (Sale of farm products and restaurants nearby)
• But this is not its only attraction since it is close to the tourist attractions of the region.
Lake Annecy is 10km away; that of Bourget (Aix-les-Bains), 35km.
• In summer, it can be directly the starting point of several hikes and walks.
• Many activities are available to you: water sports on the lake, paragliding, road cycling or mountain biking (The Col de Leschaux is a hotbed of cycling outings in the region and Lake Annecy, a Mecca of paragliding ). The possibilities of going out in the mountains are endless.
• In winter, for alpine skiing, the first ski lifts are 10km away, in Semnoz; the station Margériaz is 26km; that of La Clusaz, 47km.
For cross-country skiing, the Semnoz ski area is 11km away; that of Grand Revard at 16km.
All these resorts offer snowshoeing, tobogganing ...
• The city of Annecy is 15km away; that of Aix-les-Bains, 31km (it is possible to make a spa treatment).
• The nearest shops are Saint-Jorioz (9km) and Sévrier (11km).
• Annecy train station is 17km away
• Annecy airport is 23km away; that of Geneva, 69km; that of Lyon, 122km.
• Savoyard type attic chalet including
-on the ground floor,
-Entry, living room, kitchen, bathroom (with sink, shower and toilet)
-a bedroom with sitting area / TV (double bed)
-a mezzanine with 2 children's beds
-a balcony with a staircase for direct access to the garden
-a private garden
-a parking space
• Internet via wi-fi
• Electric heating (in winter a supplement will be counted by kwh consumes)
• Cooker with electric oven
• Gas cooking stove (on bottle)
• Fridge with freezer compartment
• Complete bedding
• Towels and sheets are obviously provided