|Space||1,200 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
The Dogg House cottage is conveniently located in the heart of Door County between Sturgeon Bay and Egg Harbor. It is a modern cottage surrounded by scenery that offers the peace and privacy that you desire when on vacation. It has many amenities including a kitchen, whirlpool, A/C, 2 fireplaces, 42' TV with satellite and DVD, and stereo. There is also a large yard with a fire pit and a 2nd story deck.
There are walking/cross-country skiing trails throughout the property and within two miles there is a boat launch, golf course (Cherry Hills), two excellent restaurants (Birmingham's and The Cabin) and snowmobiling trails. It is setup great for entertaining guests and can accommodate up to eight.
Also have a 2 bedroom ranch house available an adjoining property.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website:
The Dogg House is a wonderful place. My girlfriend and I had a spectacular romantic getaway weekend. I would also think this place would work for a nice family getaway as well with plenty of room for everyone. Loved the wood burning fireplace for those chilly nights and crisp mornings. Will likely be back next year!
We had a great time this winter when we stayed at the Dogg house! It was a perfect getaway for our 5 year anniversary, and at a reasonable price. It was a close drive to places we wanted to go and things to see. Would definitely stay again! Thank you!
This is a beautiful place to stay! Our girls trip - bachelorette party was great and we enjoyed looking at all of the history in the cabin! Very cool! We were a little disappointed the fooseball table wasn't there but it didn't break our trip any. The winding stairs were also in need of repair. Otherwise thumbs up !
This was a lovely place just as shown in the photos. But it was very poorly maintained. There were a lot of things that went wrong while we were there for 3 days.
- When we arrived the toilet was clogged. I called the owner and he said that it was cleaned before we arrived and asked if there was a plunger that I could use to open it up without suggesting he could come over and clean it. So we had to clean other people's clogged bathroom.
- The shower head is mostly clogged and water comes out only from a couple of the holes on the shower head. So taking a shower is definitely not easy.
- The grill outside was out of gas. So we could not use it and ended up giving up on grilling altogether.
- The address that the owner had given us was a google maps address that took us to nowhere. After calling him numerous times, he realized that google must have changed the address and he had to give us directions turn by turn to get to the property. We were lucky he picked up his phone. Otherwise we would have ended up without a staying place.
- The fireplace was out and the directions to turn it on were not working. We had to call their maintenance guy to come over and fix it. But we were freezing for the first 2 hours of our stay.
- There were about 50 dead flies near the window on the top floor. So everything was covered in flies near the window and we were disgusted to touch anything.
- One of the lamps in the living room was burned out and when we asked the maintenance guy to fix it he said he will come over tomorrow to fix it. But he never showed up. We ended up switching one of the lamps in the bedroom with the one in the living room so there would be enough light.
All of these could have been prevented if the place was checked before we arrived and was correctly maintained. The owner did not even suggest to give us a discount because of all of these problems. If the place was correctly maintained, it would have become one of our most favorite places to stay in door county as it is a beautiful place.
This place was wonderful! The house had all the amenities you need, plates, cups, appliances, stove etc, etc. It was decorated with really unique antique pieces, very eclectic. Nice bar right in the center of the house for gathering and relaxing. It was SO peaceful and private, relaxing by the fire at night was amazing, could see so many stars even the Milky Way! House was clean overall a great value. Not a bad drive to most of the places in Door County, about 5-10 minutes from Downtown Sturgeon Bay. I will definitely be back!
My husband, black lab mix and I stayed at the Dogg House the weekend after Christmas. We had a wonderful time, and the Dogg House was exactly what we were looking for and needed after the holidays! Even though the cottage is in a remote location, you're never too far from anything. We enjoyed a mix of dining out while cooking some of our own meals at the cottage. We loved the funky vibe of the cottage, which still had all the amenities we were looking for. Roger was great to work with, and quickly answered all of our questions via email. We'd definitely stay at the Dogg House again, as well as recommend it to others. We greatly appreciate being able to take our dog with us, too!
The cottage is located 6 miles Northwest of Sturgeon Bay, close to the bay and Lake Michigan. There are many parks and small towns very close, the county offers great sight-seeing, swimming, shopping, restaurants, golf courses and various other activities.
Golf: Within 2 miles of Cherry Hills golf course
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|