|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The Dogg House cottage is conveniently located in the heart of Door County between Sturgeon Bay and Egg Harbor. It is a modern cottage surrounded by scenery that offers the peace and privacy that you desire when on vacation. It has many amenities including a kitchen, whirlpool, A/C, 2 fireplaces, 42' TV with satellite and DVD, and stereo. There is also a large yard with a fire pit and a 2nd story deck.
There are walking/cross-country skiing trails throughout the property and within two miles there is a boat launch, golf course (Cherry Hills), two excellent restaurants (Birmingham's and The Cabin) and snowmobiling trails. It is setup great for entertaining guests and can accommodate up to eight.
Also have a 2 bedroom ranch house available an adjoining property.
This was a lovely place just as shown in the photos. But it was very poorly maintained. There were a lot of things that went wrong while we were there for 3 days.
- When we arrived the toilet was clogged. I called the owner and he said that it was cleaned before we arrived and asked if there was a plunger that I could use to open it up without suggesting he could come over and clean it. So we had to clean other people's clogged bathroom.
- The shower head is mostly clogged and water comes out only from a couple of the holes on the shower head. So taking a shower is definitely not easy.
- The grill outside was out of gas. So we could not use it and ended up giving up on grilling altogether.
- The address that the owner had given us was a google maps address that took us to nowhere. After calling him numerous times, he realized that google must have changed the address and he had to give us directions turn by turn to get to the property. We were lucky he picked up his phone. Otherwise we would have ended up without a staying place.
- The fireplace was out and the directions to turn it on were not working. We had to call their maintenance guy to come over and fix it. But we were freezing for the first 2 hours of our stay.
- There were about 50 dead flies near the window on the top floor. So everything was covered in flies near the window and we were disgusted to touch anything.
- One of the lamps in the living room was burned out and when we asked the maintenance guy to fix it he said he will come over tomorrow to fix it. But he never showed up. We ended up switching one of the lamps in the bedroom with the one in the living room so there would be enough light.
All of these could have been prevented if the place was checked before we arrived and was correctly maintained. The owner did not even suggest to give us a discount because of all of these problems. If the place was correctly maintained, it would have become one of our most favorite places to stay in door county as it is a beautiful place.
This place was wonderful! The house had all the amenities you need, plates, cups, appliances, stove etc, etc. It was decorated with really unique antique pieces, very eclectic. Nice bar right in the center of the house for gathering and relaxing. It was SO peaceful and private, relaxing by the fire at night was amazing, could see so many stars even the Milky Way! House was clean overall a great value. Not a bad drive to most of the places in Door County, about 5-10 minutes from Downtown Sturgeon Bay. I will definitely be back!
My husband, black lab mix and I stayed at the Dogg House the weekend after Christmas. We had a wonderful time, and the Dogg House was exactly what we were looking for and needed after the holidays! Even though the cottage is in a remote location, you're never too far from anything. We enjoyed a mix of dining out while cooking some of our own meals at the cottage. We loved the funky vibe of the cottage, which still had all the amenities we were looking for. Roger was great to work with, and quickly answered all of our questions via email. We'd definitely stay at the Dogg House again, as well as recommend it to others. We greatly appreciate being able to take our dog with us, too!
The Dogg House looked pleasant - and intriguing - online but we were even more delighted with its comfort and charm when we actually arrived. It's equipped with everything you could want, right down to the paper towels and wine glasses, and the creative and quirky decor put a continuous smile on my face. If peace is what you want, you've got it in spades, but if want to crank up your tunes you've a sound system for that as well. Whether we were watching the sunset from the balcony or having a glass of wine around the fire pit, we spent a very happy and comfy week. We'll be back!
We arrived at the Dogg House for a weekend of birthday/engagement celebration, and were not disappointed. The house is very well-maintained, unique, rustic, and has many of the amenities that you worry will not be at a vacation house (i.e., cooking utensils, a grill, glassware, towls, etc). The property is very pretty, and off the beaten path. The home slept four (two couples) easily, and there was additional sleeping for two more people. The location is just minutes from downtown Sturgeon Bay, and there were a lot of great activities within 5-10 minutes from the property (wine tastings, boat tours, etc).
I would recommend this property to my friends, and hope to stay for a full week next year.
I stayed at the Dogg House in summer 2011 with a friend and my dog and cat. I had a wonderful time...the seclusion was just what I needed to recover from my stressful job. One has peace and quiet at the Dogg House but is close to all Door County has to offer...Green Bay, nature, theater, excellent restaurants and shopping. I'm particularly fond of the Inn at Cedar Crossing which is located in Sturgeon Bayabout 7 miles from the cottage. The master bedroom in the cottage was great with its jacuzzi, wood burning stove, and very comfortable built in bed. I enjoyed watching the wildlife that visited the property. I loved the antiques throughout and the interesting art work. All in all a very positive experience that I would highly recommend. Also the rental rate was very reasonable for Door County in general and the amenities that were provided.
The cottage is located 6 miles Northwest of Sturgeon Bay, close to the bay and Lake Michigan. There are many parks and small towns very close, the county offers great sight-seeing, swimming, shopping, restaurants, golf courses and various other activities.
Golf: Within 2 miles of Cherry Hills golf course
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|