|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Just steps from the door is a small private beach for a swim on Pleasant Bay or relax in the Salt Water Pool, launch the kayak into the bay, or sit & enjoy the waves & boating activities from the Adirondack chairs, deck or screened-in porch. This wonderful home has central ac and lovely views of the bay. It is beautifully furnished, and comfortable for eight people. The kitchen and baths have been recently updated as well. There is a flatscreen TV in the living area along with cable and wifi and also a TV in the upstairs bedroom, one first floor bedroom and lower level area. The lower level is a walk out with a sink & small refrigerator and full bathroom. There is a double futon and TV area as well. This is a fantastic property with wonderful views and a private salt water pool. Short drive to Nauset or Skaket Beach. Two houses from a Town Landing for boat launch & dock with room to park your boat & trailer at the house.
Great walking areas - to Paw Wah Pond trails & beach, or P.O. & convenience store. Wonderful 1st floor with open living dining room, kitchen and all overlooking Pleasant Bay. There are 2 bedrooms (1 queen, 2 twin) & 2 baths on the first level, deck, & screened in porch. Upstairs private bedroom (queen) with water views & sun/moon views from skylight with a full bathroom and sleeping area at other end with two twin beds.
Location : South Orleans rental Is conveniently located between Chatham and Orleans. About ten minutes away from shopping, restaurants and baseball games in either town. Wonderful walking area - Walk to P. O. & convenience store for the paper or to Pah Wah Pond Conservation area with paths down to the beach on Pleasant Bay. Town landing located 2 houses away with a dock and boat ramp. Great area for boating or kayaking. Room to store your boat and trailer on the property.
Portanimicut Road is very picturesque with antique homes, apple orchard and large open land providing a rural setting.
Located half way between Orleans and Chatham.
September to April $4,000.00. A week three day minium$2,300.00.
Boating : Golfing:
Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio and Butler, Pennsylvania. Went to college at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky majoring in Home Economics. Love to build, renovate, and decorate houses. This house is number four and I live next door in number five.
Beth /McCartney Real Estate Service purchased this house in 2007
Fell in love with Pleasant Bay, Chatham and Orleans. As Orleans is sunnier I chose to live in South Orleans between Chatham and Orleans. Portanimicut Road has large parcels of land, old houses and is charming.
Love looking at the boats, beach and sunshine on the Pleasant Bay.
Great location on the cape and Beth is terrific. Had a great time- the house is big and has everything you need!
we had an awesome time in your rental house!!! home is very clean- well
equipped and owner was very welcoming!!! no problems w/house
at all - and if there would have been I'm sure it would be addressed asap!!
Kelly's - (from VA)
The property was spotlessly clean and recently updated. Orleans and Chatham are within easy driving distance. The owner was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating - made sure we were comfortable and as the nights got a bit cooler made sure the heated pool was warmer. We easily accommodated 8 people in the house. The house is air conditioned with three bathrooms, a living room and dining area open to the kitchen. The screened porch and adjacent open deck offered a nice choice for outdoors. The grounds are spacious and the setting is just as described and pictured. We enjoyed our two weeks there and would recommend to others. The owner and property are "pet friendly" and "kid friendly" - we had our grandchildren and dog with us. It was a wonderful vacation.
Our party of eight was very comfortable in this home. The decor is beautiful and the furniture comfortable and easily accommodated our large group.
* The pool pictured is in the owner's back yard in the house across the lawn. It's only a few steps from this rental home, but it was not clear to us from these photos or description that the pool was not in our private space, even after we queried the owner. Although we had exclusive use of the pool upon request, the owner also uses the pool, and she has occasional tenants in an apartment who would have also been using had we not requested exclusive use on arrival. It was rare to see anyone else in that space, but we would not have rented the property (or paid such a hefty sum) for a shared pool had we known that it was the next door home's pool, not the rental home's private pool. That said, the heated saltwater pool overlooking the cove was truly wonderful--just not terribly private.
* The entire home was decorated beautifully, but perhaps not suited to groups with small children as the living room furniture is entirely white. The common living spaces were not especially large, but very well appointed, beautiful views, and we never felt cramped.
* The kitchen, while lovely, did not suit us as a large group. There was almost no prep/counter space, and although it was moderately well-equipped, the layout was ill-suited for cooking for a crowd. The stove is a glass cooktop (a pro for some, but less so for serious cooks), and the grill in the back yard was difficult to manage--very small, very low flame, on a slope, no place to set down anything more than a few utensils. Overall, the cooking space is better suited for those who plan to cook/reheat very simple meals or eat out.
* There is a small sandy beach at the edge of this property, but it is not groomed and access is somewhat challenging, requiring crossing through the owner's back yard and down a rocky hill with poorly maintained/loose rocks for steps. It should be no problem for able-bodied people to walk down and explore a bit, but it is not well suited for anyone with mobility issues or for lounging. Fishermen and boaters will enjoy it. There is one kayak on the property for guests' use.
* The owner was pleasant, but many communications were vague and needed much clarification. She was accommodating--just somewhat unclear.
Good property, but won't rent again due to privacy issues & small kitchen.
Lovely home in a very scenic location but important to note that the owner has her house on the same property and is only a few steps away. Not a problem for us but could matter to someone else. Also we felt that the property was a overpriced.
All details aside, we had a wonderful time!!
This house was perfect for our family this summer. The house itself is spotless and completely furnished with EVERYTHING you need to relax and to cook. The property has 2 houses, with the pool shared by those who rent the apartment in the other house. And, the pool is beautiful! The house is a short distance from the Bay, and short drives from Nauset Beach and Skaket Beach -- both delightful places to be in the water.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 23 2017 - Sep 7 2018
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Well behaved dog considered with $200 pet deposit. Dog must be on flea and tick preventative. House and grounds to be left clean and in good condition for deposit to be refunded.