About the property
- House2000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 - 7 nights
3 Bedrooms, 4 baths - Sleeps 8. Dog considered.
Just steps from the door is a small private beach for a swim on Pleasant Bay or relax in the Salt Water Pool, launch the kayak into the bay, or sit & enjoy the waves & boating activities from the Adirondack chairs, deck or screened-in porch. This wonderful home has central AC and lovely views of the bay. It is beautifully furnished, and comfortable for eight people. The kitchen and baths have been recently updated as well. There is a flatscreen TV in the living area along with cable and wifi and also a TV in the upstairs bedroom, and lower level area. The lower level is a walk out with a sink, small refrigerator and full bathroom and a double futon as well. FRIDAY TO FRIDAY RENTAL. This is a fantastic property with wonderful views and a private salt water pool. Short drive to Nauset or Skaket Beach. Two houses from a Town Landing for boat launch & dock with room to park your boat & trailer at the house.
Great walking areas - to Paw Wah Pond trails & beach, or P.O. & convenience store. Wonderful 1st floor with open living dining room, kitchen and all overlooking Pleasant Bay. There are 2 bedrooms (1 queen, 2 twin) & 2 baths on the first level, deck, & screened in porch. Upstairs private bedroom (queen) with water views & sun/moon views from skylight with a full bathroom and sleeping area at other end with two twin beds.
Location : South Orleans rental Is conveniently located between Chatham and Orleans. About ten minutes away from shopping, restaurants and baseball games in either town. Wonderful walking area - Walk to P. O. & convenience store for the paper or to Pah Wah Pond Conservation area with paths down to the beach on Pleasant Bay. Town landing located 2 houses away with a dock and boat ramp. Great area for boating or kayaking. Room to store your boat and trailer on the property.
Portanimicut Road is very picturesque with antique homes, apple orchard and large open land providing a rural setting.
Located half way between Orleans and Chatham.
Boating : Golfing:
Beth /McCartney Real Estate Service
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 07, 2018
About Beth /McCartney Real Estate Service
Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio and Butler, Pennsylvania. Went to college at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky majoring in Home Economics. Love to build, renovate, and decorate houses. These houses are number four and five?
Beth /McCartney Real Estate Service purchased this House in 2007
Why Beth /McCartney Real Estate Service chose Orleans
Fell in love with Pleasant Bay, Chatham and Orleans. As Orleans is sunnier I chose to live in South Orleans between Chatham and Orleans. Portanimicut Road has large parcels of land, old houses and is charming. Love looking at the boats, beach and sunshine on the Pleasant Bay.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great place for family.
The hostess is fun and accommodating. House is beautiful and well laid out for a large family. Love that everyone had their own bathroom. The pool is well kept and enjoyed meeting guests in Air B&B. Having access to a kayak was very nice, I only wish there were two so more than one person could go out. The beach is not a good place to hang out, biting bugs in the seaweed, however the view from the yard and porch was beautiful. Short drive to Nauset or Skaket beach. House well stocked with games, beach chairs grills and pool toys. Will be a memorable vacation.
Very nice and deceptively big house
Great location on the cape and Beth is terrific. Had a great time- the house is big and has everything you need!
Great house on Pleasant Bay!!
we had an awesome time in your rental house!!! home is very clean- well
equipped and owner was very welcoming!!! no problems w/house
at all - and if there would have been I'm sure it would be addressed asap!!
Kelly's - (from VA)
You had a very busy week with all your activities and friends,
Glad you enjoyed your vacation and my house. Be safe.
Nicely decorated, well maintained home in a beautiful setting on Pleasant Bay
The property was spotlessly clean and recently updated. Orleans and Chatham are within easy driving distance. The owner was very friendly, welcoming and accommodating - made sure we were comfortable and as the nights got a bit cooler made sure the heated pool was warmer. We easily accommodated 8 people in the house. The house is air conditioned with three bathrooms, a living room and dining area open to the kitchen. The screened porch and adjacent open deck offered a nice choice for outdoors. The grounds are spacious and the setting is just as described and pictured. We enjoyed our two weeks there and would recommend to others. The owner and property are "pet friendly" and "kid friendly" - we had our grandchildren and dog with us. It was a wonderful vacation.
Really enjoyed meeting your family and dog, and glad you enjoyed my decorating. We seem to have similar priorities, family, dog, view of Pleasant Bay and swimming pool. Miss you and your grandchildren playing in the pool. Thanks and be safe
Beautiful home, some caveats.
Our party of eight was very comfortable in this home. The decor is beautiful and the furniture comfortable and easily accommodated our large group.
* The pool pictured is in the owner's back yard in the house across the lawn. It's only a few steps from this rental home, but it was not clear to us from these photos or description that the pool was not in our private space, even after we queried the owner. Although we had exclusive use of the pool upon request, the owner also uses the pool, and she has occasional tenants in an apartment who would have also been using had we not requested exclusive use on arrival. It was rare to see anyone else in that space, but we would not have rented the property (or paid such a hefty sum) for a shared pool had we known that it was the next door home's pool, not the rental home's private pool. That said, the heated saltwater pool overlooking the cove was truly wonderful--just not terribly private.
* The entire home was decorated beautifully, but perhaps not suited to groups with small children as the living room furniture is entirely white. The common living spaces were not especially large, but very well appointed, beautiful views, and we never felt cramped.
* The kitchen, while lovely, did not suit us as a large group. There was almost no prep/counter space, and although it was moderately well-equipped, the layout was ill-suited for cooking for a crowd. The stove is a glass cooktop (a pro for some, but less so for serious cooks), and the grill in the back yard was difficult to manage--very small, very low flame, on a slope, no place to set down anything more than a few utensils. Overall, the cooking space is better suited for those who plan to cook/reheat very simple meals or eat out.
* There is a small sandy beach at the edge of this property, but it is not groomed and access is somewhat challenging, requiring crossing through the owner's back yard and down a rocky hill with poorly maintained/loose rocks for steps. It should be no problem for able-bodied people to walk down and explore a bit, but it is not well suited for anyone with mobility issues or for lounging. Fishermen and boaters will enjoy it. There is one kayak on the property for guests' use.
* The owner was pleasant, but many communications were vague and needed much clarification. She was accommodating--just somewhat unclear.
Good property, but won't rent again due to privacy issues & small kitchen.
Sorry she did not feel the pool was private.The pool is located adjacent to my guest wing and between the two houses. I live at the other end of the house and respect their privacy. She indicated her daughter wanted to meet my Great Dane, so I stopped by the pool. Her daughter has Autism and Aimee is very protective. When she booked the rental I mentioned I would use the pool when they were at the beach? My AirBnB guests were informed the pool was not available. The private pool was clarified several times by email prior to her arrival as she called when she read a review that mention my guests had joined them at the pool, - with the tenants permission.
The house is small and comfortable for eight people in the living and dining rooms. Not a group cooking kitchen.
There was a photo of the kitchen, glass top double oven and microwave shown. I have lived in the house and entertained eight people with ease. Multiple cooks would not work as there is limited space. It was not advertised as a gourmet kitchen. I bought a new gas grill, as most tenants seem to enjoy it. Grill is on a cart and can easily be moved.
The white slip covers work out quite well as they can be washed with bleach.
Access to Pleasant Bay is from my back yard, and down two rock steps. Beaches on the cape are not groomed as was shown in the photo. There is an easier path next door had she indicated it was a problem. Agree she will be happier elsewhere, it is unfortunate she did not ask about the kitchen.
Lovely home in a beautiful setting but overpriced.
Lovely home in a very scenic location but important to note that the owner has her house on the same property and is only a few steps away. Not a problem for us but could matter to someone else. Also we felt that the property was a overpriced.
All details aside, we had a wonderful time!!
Think the overpriced statement is out of line. Not many houses with an in ground heated salt water pool, central air conditioning, water views of Pleasant Bay with kayak access, town landing and dock two doors down.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Well behaved dog considered with $200 pet deposit. Dog must be on flea and tick preventative. House and grounds to be left clean and in good condition for deposit to be refunded.