|Space||1,655 sq. ft.|
If you are planning holiday around Europe, please note I have also some apartments in PARIS and ROME.
All my apartment are located in central and safe area.
This Deluxe Penthouse apartment (155 sq m / 1655 sq ft) with a large terrace is located at the beginning of Turnacibasi Sokak (a quiet street just off Istiklal, the main pedestrian street of Istanbul), behind Galatasaray Licesi, in the lively and varied Beyoglu district, with its many restaurants and vibrant night-life (but do not worry: there are no nosy bars near the building!).
The area is central and safe.
Occupying two floors (4th and 5th) at the top of the building, with a private elevator/lift, the apartment, which has been fully renovated by an architect, is very comfortable and elegantly decorated: parquet floor, high-quality furniture and equipment, designer accessories, etc. ( see the articles published in « Home Art » and other architectural and design magazines ).
Its large terrace offers a superb panoramic view of the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn, Haghia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Galata Tower and Topkapi Palace, among other famous sites.
***** The top floor, which can be reached directly by the elevator/lift, is entirely designed as a very large and bright open space with high ceilings at 4.5 meters, chandeliers, a handsome exposed brick wall along one side, and an elegant palette of greys highlighted by glass and steel (see photos).
* a dining area with tables for 8 persons, giving onto a winter garden / solarium
* a top-of-the-range , fully equipped steel-plated open kitchen with a 3.5 meters worktop.
* a living area with a desk and two «L» shaped sofas ( each sofa is a convertible sofa bed that can be used as double-bed when open, single bed when closed).
* a 15 sq m / 160 sq ft terrace, with its plants, table and chairs. This terrace, with its magnificient view, is a perfect setting for a dinner in the open, or simply a rest with drinks after a day of sightseeing. An antique marble hamam hand-basin adds its touch to the atmosphere.
This floor is also equipped with its own toilet.
***** The lower floor has 2 large bedrooms on either side of a spacious entrance hall , each one with an en suite bathroom (walk in « rain-shower », hand-basin and bidet from Ross Lovegrove’s « Istanbul Collection » by Vitra, wc).
* the Master bedroom, with a King size bed (180 x 200 cm) and desk, gives onto a balcony
with a panoramic view of the Bosphorus and the Golden Horn.
* the second bedroom, which can also be used as a study ( library and desk), has 2 single beds (90 x 200 cm) that can be joined to form a King size double-bed (180 x 200 cm), the two mattresses fitting snugly together, with no gap. (It would be appreciated if, at the time of booking, it could be specified whether these beds should be kept as two single beds or locked together as a double-bed.)
High speed Internet access (broadband and wireless), air conditioning, central heating, satellite TV with large LCD screen and American – European channels , HiFi/CD player, DVD Player washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, iron and ironing-board, hairdryer, oven, 4 ring stove, microwave, Italian coffee maker, cooking utensils, quality house linen and dishes.
Nearby: many restaurants, internet cafes, antique dealers and food shops (a supermarket 50 metres from apartment ), the picturesque open air Pera Market where they sell fish, vegetables and caviar. Turnacibasy sokak itself belongs to the Cukurcuma neighbourhood, famous for its antique shops .
You will also find a historic Turkish Bath just yards from the front door.
Distances and transport
The apartment is perfectly located to discover both the ancient and modern Istanbul.
It is only a few minutes’ walking distance from such important tourist sites and venues as the Galata Tower, the the Istanbul Modern Art Museum and Taksim Square. It is also within easy reach of Aya Sofya, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar.
* Metro station ( few minutes walk ) : « Taksim » and ' Tunel'.
* Tram stop ( within a stone's throw of the apartment): the very picturesque tram that goes all the way up the Istiklal from Tunel to Taksim Square and viceversa .
to Tunel and Takism
* Bus stop ( couple of minute walk ): several lines.
* Tramway to Sultanhamet : down the hill ( 5-10 minute walk) you will find a stop for the very efficient, air conditioned tramway which provides fast and frequent service across the Golden Horn via Galata Bridge to Sultanhamet and to the port, where ferries can be taken to cross and go down the Bosphorus. To come back up the hill there is first the « Tunel » funicular railway from Galata Bridge, then from the « Tunel » stop a small , very picturesque tram that goes all the way up the Istiklal to Taksim Square.
* taxi and garage parking: you will find a taxi rank in front of Galatasaray Licesy 150 metres from the apartment ( although taxis can be stopped anywhere) and garage parking facilities within 20 metres.
** Delivery of keys:
Upon your arrival, my local representative ( English speaking ) will meet you at the apartment.
** Transfer by car from Ataturk airport:
On request, I can arrange for a pick up service (car with driver) at extra cost. Just notify me when your reserve the apartment. Please note I highly recommend this service!
Due the growing economy, there are renovation and construction works everywhere in the center of Istanbul. In normal condition the apartment is very quiet (there are no noisy bars next door and the small one way street is not crowed). But sometimes a possible construction/renovation work may "pop up" somewhere not far away from the apartment. If you are afraid about noise feel free to ask me and I will try to updated you.
I have also apartments in Paris and Rome!
The Owner purchased this apartment in 2008
Simply the perfect location to enjoy Istanbul!
Deluxe accomodation and unforgettable panoramic view of Old City and Bosphorus.
My husband and I, our daughter and boyfriend stayed here for 5 days and were very happy! The apartment is quite large with a lovely terrace looking out to the Golden Horn and Sultanahmet. Although only a block from Istiklal, it's very quiet. The calls to prayer from the minarets only added to the exoticism. The beds and other furniture are comfortable and the apt. provided a welcome haven after a day of sight-seeing. The neighborhood is so interesting to explore. Istiklal is closed to traffic and comes alive at night, vibrant with people enjoying the evening, the shops and restaurants. Two favorite restaurants in the area: 49 Pizza and Limonlu Bahce. Nahide and her husband, caretakers, were very responsive and helpful. We would he happy to stay here again and can't wait to return to Istanbul.
My husband and I stayed here for five nights in october. The apartment is very large, on two floors,with two spacious bedrooms each with own bathroom, and also a private elevator! It has been renovated by the owner architect, who lives in the building and is very accessible for advice. Unlike the previous reviewer, we found the apartment very clean. The bed is very comfortable with nice bedding. Some of the furniture like the coffee tables do show some wear and tear, but the apartment was very well-appointed in our view, with all the essentials, full kitchen, nice bathrooms and showers.
The apartment is well-located, very secure, half a block from the main street and walking distance to the metro and main square. We loved the location! The terrasse has a nice view and is very pleasant on a warm night. We also arranged pick-up service and ride back to the airport from the owner, very appreciated! All in all, we liked this apartment, which has ample space for a family or two couples. Istanbul is a fascinating city with so much to see, and very efficient public transportation. Hope to come back!
Group of 4 stayed for a week at the end of August. The flat is well-located: close to public transportation and to vibrant Istiklal street life. Generally well-equipped and features great view of the Golden Horn from outdoor terrace. Owner's local people are pleasant and on-time. Not quite as well-maintained and shiny as it appears in photos, however: furniture and walls show some neglect and lots of wear and tear. Air-conditioning in one bedroom leaks badly (got it fixed). Most important, the apartment had not been properly cleaned when we arrived. We complained and were told regular service was on holiday; owner expressed concern and sent substitute for second try, which was no better. Furthermore, some of the cleanliness problem was clearly longer-standing than just a few weeks old--woodwork and kitchen shelves very dirty, for example; and lots of dust everywhere. Many good points, but not up to standard we expect for the price. One last suggestion: as tap water is not drinkable, leaving at least one bottle for arriving guests who might not know that would be a nice, inexpensive gesture.
This lovely apartment is every bit as good as it looks in the photos. Great location and very attentive owner who makes sure all your arrangements run smoothly. Lots to see and do in the immediate area and great transport links ifor going further afield. Great sized terrace for lazy breakfasts and sundown drinks. I would highly recommend this apartment to any travellers, the lift makes it accessible to all age groups.
The Beyoglu Penthouse was an extraordinary place to stay. Our little family stayed there for a week. The view from the terrace is breath taking and the home beautiful. We enjoyed our morning coffee and an evening glass of wine daily while watching the sun rise and set over Istanbul and it's Golden Horn.
Enzo's attention to detail allowed us to transition into Istanbul with ease. Nahide and Selma helped us settle in and recommended wonderful places to visit and eat. With much encouragement, I recommend this beautiful flat. You will certainly know you have found a gem when you return to the comfort of the Beyoglu Penthouse after a long day of travel! We can not wait to return!
We (my husband and I and our respective mothers) stayed in the apartment for five nights. It's ideally located, just off Istiklal street and close to Taksim Square. Be aware that the apartment is on a hill, so use the funiculars (or metro) to ascend. That also means that you have a magnificent view from the terrace! In the neighbourhood you'll find lots of really nice places to have breakfast and/or dinner.
The apartment itself is renovated and has a lot of character. Our mothers each had their own bedroom with bathroom while my husband and I slept on the sofa couch, which was like a real bed.
Service was great: we were welcomed by a local representative who showed us everything and gave us her telephone number in case we had any more questions. And she got us a big bottle of mineral water. Furthermore we got to use an 'Akbil', which can be used for all public transport so no worries trying to get one yourself. In the apartment you will find many guide books and maps. Also the pick up service from and to the airport was excellent.
The communication with the owner was fine. Sometimes it took him a while to respond to e-mails but maybe that was just my own impatience.
One recommendation? Whilst there was tea available in the apartment, some coffee would have been nice ;-)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Last minute 50% special price
Mar 12 2017 - Apr 6 2017
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 1 guests; add $54 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 1 guests; add $54 per night, per additional guest|
|Final cleaning fee||$152|
- Rates are based on number of persons.
- For stay longer than 1 week: the nightly rate is applied to additional night(s).
- Monthly price is based on 28 nights (4 weeks): the nightly rate is applied to additional night(s).
- Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
- A surcharge on Rates is applied during special periods ( such as for Christmas, Easter, Events, High Season, etc).
- Discount available for long stay.
- Final cleaning fee depending on number of persons and length of rent.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.