|Minimum Stay||2 - 29 nights|
This small, yet comfortable apartment in the Old Town section of San Sebastián is the perfect location. It is on the 4th floor (5th floor in the US) with no lift, so it's not ideal if you have issues with stairs. Other than that it couldn't be better. Quiet, while in the middle of everything. We were met promptly to gain access, and had local support if we had issues, which we didn't. It's big enough for 2 couples, or a family of 4. The kitchen is very small, we hadn't planned to cook, with all the fabulous pinxtos bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk. We would return again in a heart beat.
We stayed in this apartment for 4 nights in early July 2016. Our first time in San Sebastian and we fell in love with the city. Here is my feedback with this particular property.
1. Location! This is the best perk of this apartment. It is located right in the heart of the Casco Viejo. We were able to walk to anywhere we wanted to go in San Sebastian and were in the heart of the action.
2. The apartment is kept very clean and tidy and is well decorated (although I do think they need some new sheets for the bed...ours were stained and it was a little off-putting)
3. The bed was very comfortable and we rested well every night.
4. Wifi was included and worked very well.
5. Communication was excellent with the owner and others helping with the property. Any questions we had were answered almost immediately and everyone was helpful.
6. The apartment is on the smaller side but it is ample space for 2-3 people (except for the bathroom..see below).
7, I appreciated the conveniences of a fully stocked kitchen, an iron, a washing machine, a fan, etc.
1. 4 flights up with no elevator is a drag, especially when trying to get large, heavy suitcases up and down.
2. The bathroom and everything in the bathroom is INCREDIBLY tiny. And the shower was unsafe. It was slippery and the pipe that draws the hot water gets boiling hot while you are showering. My daughter burned herself twice on it.
3. There was no toilet paper in the apartment whatsoever. We had to go out and buy our own.
4. The odor from the restaurant below permeated the inner courtyard. We hung our clothes to dry there so our clothes did not smell good after they dried.
Overall the pros outweighed the cons and the location alone is what really makes this space worth it in the end in my opinion. I was wavering between a 3 and a 4 star rating honestly but gave them the four in the end because I would likely consider staying there again if ever in San Sebastian again. :-)
The property was exactly as advertised. Check in and check out went perfectly smoothly and they helped us save money on parking.
San Sebastian is a magical place and we had a nice time. The apartment was perfectly kept and as described, perfectly located in the old town and 100 metres from the beach. We enjoyed our stay in SS and the apartment.
Everything was perfect, but especially the location as it was central to everything. The apt seemed brand new and we enjoyed being there. Would book again.
El apartamento está ubicado en una plaza peatonal, en plena parte vieja y cerca de todo. Decorado con gusto, muy limpio y bien equipado. Aunque esta vez el tiempo no nos acompañó mucho, volveremos en verano....está al lado de la playa, y me encantaría alojarme de nuevo aquí....
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.