Spacious log home, sleeps 14 and has plenty of room for hanging out as a family
Scott & Jennifer Doty
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Norris Lake Cabin
Overall we had a great week at the Lake House. We had 6 adults and 4 children (ages 5, 3, 18 months old and 8 months old.) Scott and Jennifer were very responsive to our prearrival questions and requests. Scott made arrangements to have a PacknPlay delivered as well as a high chair and 2 new baby safety gates. They responded quickly to all my questions/concerns while we were there as well. They really went above and beyond to accommodate us.
For anyone not familiar with the Norris Lake area (we were not) these tips may come in handy:
1. From the hi-way coming in to the cabin you will wind around country roads for a pretty long stretch so “running out for groceries” is a time consuming errand. Bring as much as you can with you.
2. The WiFi was spotty at best so my adult daughter said one may not be able to “work remotely” reliably.
3. We were happy that the cabin was rather removed from the water’s edge (down a log flight of wooden stairs with railing, see the pictures.) We did not worry about kids running out of the house and falling in the lake. We did bring safety door knob covers though. Anyone with small kids may want to do the same. Our ages ranged from 70 on down and we all had no trouble going up and down the stairs.
4. We enjoyed a day trip to Cove Lake State Park. There is a big pool there, paved hiking trails and playgrounds. It is a 40 min drive from the cabin.
5. Prepare for summer rain showers! We loved sitting on the covered deck and listening to the rain. We definitely needed all the indoor toys we brought with us! Bring any kid appropriate dvds as just like Scott said their selection is limited.
5. We rented a pontoon boat for 2 days and had a blast with it. Boating is the main attraction there!
5 We lost power one night due to rain/storms so bring flashlights. There were candles there as well. Jennifer and Scott knew about the storms and checked in with us to see how we were and give us info about a possible road closure. That was so nice of them.
5. If you are a light sleeper you may want to bring earplugs if you sleep on the first floor. The sound from the main living area seems to amplify down there. Just a tip.
6. One suggestion for Jennifer and Scott: Since the cabin is advertised as welcoming children and pets you may want to instruct the cleaning crew to remove chemicals and loose dish washer pods from under the sink. We put them up high.
We did have a great time at the cabin!
Thank you both!
Private and beautiful
We had a great weekend staying on the lake here at this beautiful cabin. We stayed for the weekend and found this cabin to be very private and found so much to do to jam pack our stay with lots to do. Would definitely come again and would recommend to a large family or to just a couple to get away. Owners were very kind and responsive with answers to my questions. Thanks again!
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy you enjoyed our home. We hope you return to make some more memories!!
Had a great stay
This was a great vacation home for our family of 9. Spending the evenings out on the deck was priceless. My granddaughter summed it up when she said “Papa don’t ever rent any cabin but this one.”
I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our home! I hope your family makes this an annual tradition.